igourmet

Author
FriedClamFanatic
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1730
2013/04/16 16:14:56 (permalink)

igourmet

found their website today.....................some interesting stuff if a bit upscale from most RF places

then I noticed the address.................Joerogo...know anything about them?

Our headquarters is located at 508 Delaware Ave. West Pittston, PA 18643.

http://www.igourmet.com/shoppe/contact.asp

3 Replies Related Threads

joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4542
    Re:igourmet 2013/04/16 16:26:33 (permalink)
    Yep, Internet company selling "gourmet" food.  Just came out of bankruptcy.  They made it big during the .com rage.

If you want to impress somebody with an overpriced gift basket for Christmas, this is the place.  They sell good stuff, but, severely overpriced.....My opinion.
    porkbeaks
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2217
    Re:igourmet 2013/04/17 08:06:24 (permalink)
    I've been using iGourmet regularly for the last 5 years and have never had a single problem (product or customer service) in 20+ orders. My usual is cheese; Parmigiano Reggiano, Leyden (which I can't get locally), Grana Padano, and Pecorino. I've also gotten Molinari pepperoni, guanciale (when it's available), imported tuna, and Arborio rice. I don't find the prices unreasonable and, although the shipping cost is considerable, it's less than what I'd have to pay for gas and sales tax if I drove into Atlanta where I could find this stuff. pb
    joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4542
    Re:igourmet 2013/04/17 08:19:04 (permalink)
    porkbeaks

I've been using iGourmet regularly for the last 5 years and have never had a single problem (product or customer service) in 20+ orders. My usual is cheese; Parmigiano Reggiano, Leyden (which I can't get locally), Grana Padano, and Pecorino. I've also gotten Molinari pepperoni, guanciale (when it's available), imported tuna, and Arborio rice. I don't find the prices unreasonable and, although the shipping cost is considerable, it's less than what I'd have to pay for gas and sales tax if I drove into Atlanta where I could find this stuff. pb

Agreed.  I travel a lot for work, and can conveniently stop by speciality shops that are half the price, especially olive oil.  

Also, the importer that sells to iGourmet, (Savello USA) and other places around the Country is located here.  They had an outlet store at their warehouse, but sadly they closed last year.  I miss that place.  
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1