Biff-Burger

Biff-Burger
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
Biff-Burger - Wed, 03/17/04 3:00 PM
Greetings All,

Do you remember eating at a Biff-Burger drive in? Have you ever had a Super Biff with Cheese? How about one of those curled Hot Dogs? or yummy Tater-Tots?

I have started a website remembering this great old burger joint at:
geocities.com/cavevader/biffburger/.

Please visit and take a look! Maybe you can help. I am looking for any information on Biff-Burger that you may contribute to making this site better.

Sincerely,
Christopher
Biff-Burger Fan

Kristi S.
  • Total Posts : 712
RE: Biff-Burger - Wed, 03/17/04 3:03 PM
We have a Biff in St Pete on 49th Street but I've not eaten there.

Lone Star
  • Total Posts : 1730
RE: Biff-Burger - Wed, 03/17/04 4:40 PM
That website was fun. Too bad they were all but wiped out. Looks like the one in St. Petersburg is thriving though.

Kristi - get yourself over there and check it out!

Oneiron339
  • Total Posts : 2075
RE: Biff-Burger - Wed, 03/17/04 4:49 PM
I thrived on "Biffy Burgers" (as we called them) during the 60's. I traveled up and down 11-15 on my way to and from college and made it a point to time my stops to Biff Burger. Loved the charcoal-flavored burgers. I usually ended up eating a double w/ fries and took a double with me to finish up on the road. I'll have to find the St. Pete version as I head to that area of FL occasionally. Thanks for the memories.

seafarer john
  • Total Posts : 3481
RE: Biff-Burger - Wed, 03/17/04 9:10 PM
The St Petersburg Biff Burger is thriving - they have passably good BBQ sandwiches and a very good hamburger. But the place would be worth a visit even if they didn't have any decent food. It is the hangout for the old car restorers and motorcycle heads in the Bay area. Every time we've ever been there it has been a really interesting show of beautifully restored cars and/or bikes of every description . There's a little dance floor, sometimes a band, but usually a loud jukebox and a very lively friendly crowd.

lisajocole
  • Total Posts : 72
RE: Biff-Burger - Tue, 03/23/04 3:24 PM
I am lucky enough to live about two miles from the last standing Biff Burger and usually eat there a couple times a month. Their burgers are great, thin patties on freshly toasted and buttered buns, with cheese and their "special sauce". YUM. They also have decent chicken wings and the BBQ sandwiches from Buffy's next door are big and tasty. Like you said, Seafarer John, the food is good, but the "ambience" is even better, especially when the cool vintage cars are displayed for the fun of young and old roadfood lovers alike! My neighbor's 10 year old daughter is a regular "hula hoop and limbo" champion on Friday nights!

seafarer john
  • Total Posts : 3481
RE: Biff-Burger - Tue, 03/23/04 5:56 PM
Lisa: Is'nt the Biff Burger and Buffy's under a single management?
It always seemed like that to me...

lisajocole
  • Total Posts : 72
RE: Biff-Burger - Wed, 03/24/04 9:38 AM
SJ -

I believe you are correct. Buffy's also has awesome milkshakes - the thick, creamy vanilla is my very favorite. Okay, great, it's now 9:37 a.m. and I'm thinking about milkshakes already! Sheesh.

Biff-Burger
RE: Biff-Burger - Wed, 10/27/04 10:01 PM
Greetings All,

Do you know of any "former" Biff-Burger locations?

If so, check out the "Former Locations" list at the website link below and see if it is posted! If it is not listed ... please give me an email offline (email address listed on site). I am trying to compile an un-official list of former locations of this once GREAT burger drive-in.

geocities.com/cavevader/biffburger/

Thanks,

Christopher
Biff-Burger Fan

speechpeach
  • Total Posts : 239
RE: Biff-Burger - Mon, 11/1/04 5:59 PM
I remember eating at the Biff Burger location in Rome, Georgia in the mid sixties....good burgers, if I recall...

Biff-Burger
RE: Biff-Burger - Mon, 12/20/04 5:15 PM
According to the National Biff-Burger System, Inc. Franchise Investment Brochure, there were over 800 Biff-Burgers Drive-Ins in 1962 up from a mere 46 in 1956 when the chain started.

Anybody have any other locations that they know of? I have a long long way to go till my list comes anywhere near 800!! Whew.....

Sincerely,
Christopher
Biff-Burger Fan

sauceman
  • Total Posts : 184
RE: Biff-Burger - Mon, 12/20/04 5:18 PM
Thanks so much for assembling and sharing this superb web site.

Fred Sauceman
Johnson City, Tennessee (former home of a Biff)

QFan
  • Total Posts : 641
RE: Biff-Burger - Thu, 12/23/04 2:40 PM
If my memory serves me correctly there were Biff-Burgers in Denver in the late sixties when I lived in Colorado for a few years. Can't confirm it though.
QFan
Bonita Springs, FL

bumper
  • Total Posts : 96
RE: Biff-Burger - Thu, 12/23/04 3:13 PM
Knoxville TN Chapman Hwy

Gary

QFan
  • Total Posts : 641
RE: Biff-Burger - Sun, 12/26/04 7:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by QFan

If my memory serves me correctly there were Biff-Burgers in Denver in the late sixties when I lived in Colorado for a few years. Can't confirm it though.
QFan
Bonita Springs, FL

On further thought I remember more accurately that it was Griff's Burger Bar--not Biff-Burgers. Sorry for the senior moment!
QFan
Bonita Springs, FL

Biff-Burger
RE: Biff-Burger - Thu, 03/17/05 9:13 PM
I recently noted that the Biff-Burger Drive-In in St. Petersburg, FL now has an "Official" website for you viewing pleasure.

The website is at biffburgers.com

While your surfing, please feel free to check out the Biff-Burger Drive-In website which focuses on the entire National Biff-Burger System, which has information on history, former locations, the roto-broiler, special sauce, vintage items, etc. The website is at geocities.com/cavevader/biffburger/

Christopher
Biff-Burger Fan

Biff-Burger
RE: Biff-Burger - Mon, 12/3/07 2:49 PM
Greetings All,

The Biff-Burger Drive-In website has moved and can now be viewed at the following:

geocities.com/biffburger_drivein/

Check us out!

Thanks,

Christopher
Biff-Burger Fan and Historian

Biff-Burger
Re:Biff-Burger - Wed, 01/27/10 3:24 PM
Greetings All,

New for 2010!   The original Biff-Burger Drive-In website has moved to its permanent home and can be viewed at the following:    

biff-burger.com

Check us out!

Thanks,

Christopher
Biff-Burger Fan and Historian
<message edited by Biff-Burger on Wed, 01/27/10 3:26 PM>

Buddy Dek
  • Total Posts : 133
Re:Biff-Burger - Wed, 01/27/10 8:22 PM
Here is a menu thread of Biffburger at 49th St. Saint Petersburgh that I found while searching.  That char broil crispy taste is great  to create a total craving for these burgers. What a shame most locations closed. I had no luck with geocities.com.                                                            Buddy

http://www.biffburgers.com/menumaster.pdf