The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

The Fall Roadfood Tour

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 61 to 90 of 120
buffetbuster

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Mon, 10/14/13 1:19 PM (permalink)
joseiw-
I was recently in Wichita and enjoyed a few of the restaurants you reviewed.  Looking forward to meeting you in person.

Big_g

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Mon, 10/14/13 2:42 PM (permalink)
    I'm driving in from East TN and hope to be there around 4ish...would enjoy hooking up with folks on Thursday for a dinner and some talk.

ChiBears15

• Total Posts: 68
      Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Mon, 10/14/13 7:33 PM (permalink)
      Good evening everyone,

Ok, I just found out that Rendezvous serves Ghost River beer on tap.  Lol the ribs and beer I have wanted to try forever can be found at Rendezvous!  If most of the tour participants are staying downtown, this would be the perfect dinner destination since it is centrally located.  Folks can walk or take a quick cab ride.

I am arriving in Memphis around 11am Thursday, so anytime in the evening works for me.  Does 8:00pm work?  Like I said, I can go anytime.  Maybe buffetbuster can make an executive decision on dinner time  ?  Thanks.

-Danny

P.S.  First round of beers for everyone is on me!!!

joseiw

• Total Posts: 14
        Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Mon, 10/14/13 11:08 PM (permalink)
        That's great.  I would love to hear what you thought.  Looking forward to seeing you on the trip.
        Joe

joseiw

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Mon, 10/14/13 11:10 PM (permalink)
          Is there a demand for Rendezvous at 8 pm?  I am flexible as to time and place. 

ChiTownDiner

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Tue, 10/15/13 7:59 AM (permalink)
            buffetbuster, cousin Johnny and myself will meet at the Rendezvous at 8pm or slightly after on Thursday as we return from Mississippi.  Chris and Amy will also join us as they arrive later that evening.  They have larger tables and it looks like our group is growing! First person in, please plan accordingly!  Safe travels everyone! 

Big_g

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Tue, 10/15/13 9:59 AM (permalink)
              I'll plan on being there as well.

ChiTownDiner

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Tue, 10/15/13 2:31 PM (permalink)
                Looks like we're approaching 8...keep it coming! 

ChiBears15

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Tue, 10/15/13 7:58 PM (permalink)
                  Hey everyone,
                  I am thrilled that we are getting together Thursday night at Rendezvous.  I've been reading trip reports on this forum for a while now, so it will be fun to meet you guys in person.  Happy travels.  See you all in Memphis. 

Cheers,
                  Danny

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                    • Roadfood Insider
                    Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Tue, 10/15/13 9:01 PM (permalink)
                    Hey CTD

You gonna try some slugburgers while you are in N MS??

They are good for you and they grow on you!

buffetbuster

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Tue, 10/15/13 9:30 PM (permalink)
                      CK-
                      We will be stopping in at White Trolley. Hopefully I will like the slugburger there better than the one from Borroum's Drug Store.

ChiTownDiner

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Tue, 10/15/13 9:56 PM (permalink)
                        I am merely along to provide balance and discretion to this group. 

CajunKing

• Roadfood Insider
                          Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Tue, 10/15/13 10:09 PM (permalink)
                          Week's Diner in Booneville, MS is the "True Home" of the slug burger.

The original was called a Week's burger

http://www.angelfire.com/ms/wweekss/

Or

Johnny's Drive INN in Tupelo, MS for a slugburger and sit in the ELVIS booth.

schlotz

• Total Posts: 13
                            Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 10/16/13 9:05 AM (permalink)
                            Count me in for Thursday night at Rendezvous! 

Looking forward to the trip and meeting everyone.

-Boyd

buffetbuster

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 10/16/13 10:38 AM (permalink)
                              Boyd, glad to see you will be on the bus tour and I'm looking forward to seeing you again!

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 10/16/13 11:09 AM (permalink)
                                Please keep a spot open for me at Rendezvous.  Looking forward to it!

buffetbuster

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 10/16/13 11:35 AM (permalink)
                                  Glad you are joining us Stephen!

TnTinCT

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 10/16/13 11:48 AM (permalink)
                                    We'll be on the road and hoping to be able to join you all on Thurs night - 2 seats for Tim and Terri

ChiTownDiner

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 10/16/13 6:05 PM (permalink)
                                      Looks like we are ar 12 and counting.....initial reports are strong with Alcenias an all out TEN! Just sat down at The Pie Folks in Germantown with Cliff and he is making me eat more pie! Ugh!

ChiBears15

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 10/16/13 6:37 PM (permalink)
                                        CTD,

I am going to Alcenia's tomorrow for lunch.  What would you recommend?

Thanks,
                                        Danny

ChiTownDiner

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 10/16/13 8:07 PM (permalink)
                                          Anyone going to the Womens Exchange for lunch be aware they have a busy Thursday so they recommend getting there 15 minutes before the 11:30am opening.

ChiTownDiner

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 10/16/13 8:12 PM (permalink)
                                            First, tell Miss BJ the big Roadfood guys loved meeting her and the food was great! Pork chops were a tenand are onyour Thursday selection. We loved five of six sides with spagehtti being average. Your choices are black eyed peas, Alcenias corn, green beans, pinto beansand yams. We loved cabbage, mac n cheese, green beans, cole slaw and lima beans with okra. The catfish nuggets with homemade tartar sauce was great as was the fried green tomatoes. Save room for pie or bread pudding with bourbon sauce.

buffetbuster

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 10/16/13 8:18 PM (permalink)
                                              And be prepared for a big hug from BJ when you walk in the door!

ChiBears15

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 10/16/13 8:59 PM (permalink)
                                                CTD - Thanks for the quick rundown.  All those options sound delicious.  If you and buffetbuster, considering you have traveled and have eaten all over the country, give this place a ten then it must be a great restaurant.  I will definitely mention you guys when I eat there.

BB - Miss BJ sounds like a sweetheart.  Can't wait to meet her!

See you all at Rendezvous tomorrow night.

-Danny

Big_g

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 10/16/13 9:09 PM (permalink)
                                                  Some one gave me a touch of a cough...think Sea Lion...but I'm on drugs and should be good to go.  See y'all tomorrow night =)

buffetbuster

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 10/16/13 10:53 PM (permalink)
                                                    I tried to call and make a reservation for 12 tomorrow night at the Rendezvous, but they said they only take them for parties of 15 or more during the week. But, she also told me to call back tomorrow between 9 and 4 and they will see what they can do.

If they do take the reservation, I will post it here, along with the name it is under.

CajunKing

• Location: Live at Saint Clair
                                                      • Roadfood Insider
                                                      Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 10/16/13 11:32 PM (permalink)
                                                      buffetbuster

I tried to call and make a reservation for 12 tomorrow night at the Rendezvous, but they said they only take them for parties of 15 or more during the week. But, she also told me to call back tomorrow between 9 and 4 and they will see what they can do.

If they do take the reservation, I will post it here, along with the name it is under.

UMMMM HELLOOOOOO  there will be two of you that will eat for 3 or 4 normal humans

So reserve for 15

joseiw

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Thu, 10/17/13 12:08 AM (permalink)
                                                        Kerry and Joe will plan on 8 at Rendezvous, assuming no problems on the drive.
                                                        Joe

buffetbuster

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Thu, 10/17/13 1:33 PM (permalink)
                                                          Nope, they wouldn't take a reservation, even for 13 people. First ons ghere, grab us a table and we will find you. See everyone tonight!

ChiBears15

• Joined: 10/11/2013
                                                            • Location: Chicago, IL
                                                            Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Thu, 10/17/13 5:32 PM (permalink)
                                                            Ladies and Gentlemen,

I just had the most amazing dining experience at Alcenia's Soul Food.  Fried catfish, collard greens, mac n cheese, and yams...  Simply awesome!

Collard greens and mac n cheese are not even on the menu for Thursdays, but she had them today anyway!  I am feeling lucky.  My only mistake was not leaving room for dessert.  I was just too full to order any pie or pudding, and I hate wasting food so I passed.  Regardless, the food was excellent (a perfect ten) and the owner is a sweet, entertaining host.  I told her that the roadfood guys say hi and she said to thank you. 

I went to the Arcade Restaurant this morning for breakfast and had a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich (aka the Elvis sandwich).  It was surprisingly very tasty.  It also helped that my waitress was drop dead gorgeous haha

See you guys in a couple of hours for ribs.  I have pics from both the eateries I visited today; I will post them as a trip report when the roadfood bus tour ends.

Cheers,
                                                            Danny   

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 61 to 90 of 120

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com