Help me budget utilities

Author
jeffwllms
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 19
2013/05/02 12:14:23 (permalink)

Help me budget utilities

Hello all,  I am hoping that you guys can help me out.  I am currently putting a proposal together for our board to consider(we are a non-profit).  I need help with estimating monthly utilities.  The truck we have been looking at are all diesel so I would of course like to here from other diesel trucks but I will take any data I can.

If you can could you post your truck size (14',16',18', etc.), weather it is diesel or gas, and if you run heating and/or A/C. 
Then provide either a monthly average for your Gas,LP,Water/Dumping (if you pay for it separate from your commissary).  

Thanks everyone for your help.

2 Replies Related Threads

DWags541
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 177
    Re:Help me budget utilities 2013/05/06 03:20:46 (permalink)
    I can't give you any info on the diesel gas side of things. But I can tell you I run through a 40# propane tank (~7 gallons @ 2.65/gal) per 5 days running a 15# fryer (which is small for a commercial fryer), and a 3' griddle (of which we usually only have 2/3 on). My water and greywater dumping is free. Well, the water is city water and I pull it from my landlord's system. I don't know about your locality, but I think as long as its potable water (moved in potable hoses), my tanks can be filled up anywhere. Greywater can be dumped into the local wastewater system (toilet). We use about 30 gallons of freshwater per day.
    This is all on a cart, which is also has power. Our power bill is about $100-$120 per month. The bulk of this expense goes to refrigeration, exhaust fan operation, and AC.
    jeffwllms
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 19
    Re:Help me budget utilities 2013/05/06 10:16:55 (permalink)
    DWags541

I can't give you any info on the diesel gas side of things. But I can tell you I run through a 40# propane tank (~7 gallons @ 2.65/gal) per 5 days running a 15# fryer (which is small for a commercial fryer), and a 3' griddle (of which we usually only have 2/3 on). My water and greywater dumping is free. Well, the water is city water and I pull it from my landlord's system. I don't know about your locality, but I think as long as its potable water (moved in potable hoses), my tanks can be filled up anywhere. Greywater can be dumped into the local wastewater system (toilet). We use about 30 gallons of freshwater per day.
    This is all on a cart, which is also has power. Our power bill is about $100-$120 per month. The bulk of this expense goes to refrigeration, exhaust fan operation, and AC.

Thanks this will help.  the dumping and water will be included in out commissary fees.  We cant dump into standard waste-water, there needs to be a grease trap in the system.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1