Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Mexican coke

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 47 of 47
mayor al

• Total Posts: 15059
  • Roadfood Insider
Re:Mexican coke Mon, 05/20/13 6:33 PM (permalink)
Hey WJ,
  Your disdain of Soda Beverages almost matches my reaction to the FooFoo Coffees that some folks actually pay more than $.25 per cup  to drink !  

Glenn1234

• Total Posts: 508
    Re:Mexican coke Mon, 05/20/13 6:40 PM (permalink)
    mayor al

Hey WJ,
    Your disdain of Soda Beverages almost matches my reaction to the FooFoo Coffees that some folks actually pay more than $.25 per cup  to drink !  

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7382
      • Roadfood Insider
      Re:Mexican coke Mon, 05/20/13 7:06 PM (permalink)
      Al,

That would make 711 and Dunkin Donuts Coffee "froo froo coffee"

Glenn1234

You're a fan of  "carbonated granulated sugar (or corn syrup) water", "those ultra-ridiculous, way, way way way too ridiculously and absurdly and painfully too sweet to even taste the flavor date shakes"  (another  )

And yet you don't like those refreshing, wholesome  and incredibly delicious Southern California Smoothies???!!! ....Seriously......Am I missing something??? 

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3555
        Re:Mexican coke Mon, 05/20/13 7:19 PM (permalink)
        mayor al

Hey WJ,

25 cents a cup? Where besides Philippe's can you get that? Inquiring minds want to know.....

Glenn1234

Re:Mexican coke Mon, 05/20/13 7:56 PM (permalink)
          <message edited by Glenn1234 on Mon, 05/20/13 8:18 PM>

Glenn1234

Re:Mexican coke Mon, 05/20/13 8:22 PM (permalink)
            wanderingjew

Al,

Glenn1234

You're a fan of  "carbonated granulated sugar (or corn syrup) water", "those ultra-ridiculous, way, way way way too ridiculously and absurdly and painfully too sweet to even taste the flavor date shakes"  (another  )

And yet you don't like those refreshing, wholesome  and incredibly delicious Southern California Smoothies???!!! ....Seriously......Am I missing something??? 

Yes, you missed something.  It was nice discussion going on here about Mexican Coke, and coke in glass bottles, and someone came into it and laid down a stink bomb in the middle of the room with some anti-Coke jabs.  
            Al gave your coffee a good ribbing back (deservedly so), and I got a laugh out of Al's jab.    I'm not a coffee fan .... of any kind.  So, I especially found the jab amusing.  
            As for sweet drinks, I usually drink Diet Coke (and I like that in glass bottles better than metal or plastic, as well)  ... but even the regular Coke has fewer carbs than fruit smoothies.  Even all natural fruit and fruit juice (no sugar added} smoothies have about 45 grams of carbs per 12 oz.   Coke has 36 grams of carbs per 12 oz.        
              Oh, and I loved the date shake at Shields Date Garden!   It had a good strong date flavor.   

http://woman.thenest.com/fruit-smoothies-high-carbohydrates-5924.html

Glenn

<message edited by Glenn1234 on Mon, 05/20/13 8:39 PM>

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
              Re:Mexican coke Mon, 05/20/13 8:56 PM (permalink)
              Glenn1234

wanderingjew

Al,

Glenn1234

Yes, you missed something.  It was nice discussion going on here about Mexican Coke, and coke in glass bottles, and someone came into it and laid down a stink bomb in the middle of the room with some anti-Coke jabs.  
              Al gave your coffee a good ribbing back (deservedly so), and I got a laugh out of Al's jab.    I'm not a coffee fan .... of any kind.  So, I especially found the jab amusing.  
              As for sweet drinks, I usually drink Diet Coke (and I like that in glass bottles better than metal or plastic, as well)  ... but even the regular Coke has fewer carbs than fruit smoothies.  Even all natural fruit and fruit juice (no sugar added} smoothies have about 45 grams of carbs per 12 oz.   Coke has 36 grams of carbs per 12 oz.        
              Oh, and I loved the date shake at Shields Date Garden!   It had a good strong date flavor.   

Glenn

Glenn1234

Look who started this thread....

If you had read and responded to my recent trip report (yes that would have been nice- because I see you've responded to others) you will see see the "stink bomb" that ended up in my trip report (but really, who cares??) One thing about discussions, there are going to be criticisms along with the compliments.. 
              here it is:

Oh, and I did have the date shake at Shield's Date Garden- it tasted like a sugar shake- no date taste whatsover, that's why I never returned there in 2009 after my original visit in 2006,  however I did enjoy the date shake at the Orange Inn aka "home of the original smoothie" much less sugar and more date. I also wanted to point out that if you add banana to a smoothie or anything for that matter, then it will add plenty of carbs... and I'll take natural sugars in fruit any day over added sugars..

ces1948 "Double Chili Cheeseburger" 

• Total Posts: 1388
              Reply to message

Re:Stolid, Stoic, Standoffish, Scandinavian Seattle Mon, 05/13/13 7:13 PM (permalink)

WJ I sure wish I could find the enjoyment in coffee that you do. I love the stuff but most of it tastes like "hot brown water" to me. I don't want to hijack the thread so I'll leave it at that. 

<message edited by wanderingjew on Mon, 05/20/13 9:02 PM>
            •  
                ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
                Re:Mexican coke Mon, 05/20/13 9:06 PM (permalink)
                wanderingjew

Glenn1234

wanderingjew

Al,

Glenn1234

Glenn

Glenn1234

If you had read and responded to my recent trip report (yes that would have been nice- because I see you've responded to others) you will see see the "stink bomb" that ended up in my trip report (but really, who cares??) One thing about discussions, there are going to be criticisms along with the compliments.. 
                here it is:

Oh, and I did have the date shake at Shield's Date Garden- it tasted like a sugar shake- no date taste whatsover, that's why I never returned there in 2009 after my original visit in 2006,  however I did enjoy the date shake at the Orange Inn aka "home of the original smoothie" much less sugar and more date. I also wanted to point out that if you add banana to a smoothie or anything for that matter, then it will add plenty of carbs... and I'll take natural sugars in fruit any day over added sugars..

Reply to message

Re:Stolid, Stoic, Standoffish, Scandinavian Seattle Mon, 05/13/13 7:13 PM (permalink)

WJ I sure wish I could find the enjoyment in coffee that you do. I love the stuff but most of it tastes like "hot brown water" to me. I don't want to hijack the thread so I'll leave it at that. 

• So you think that was a "stink bomb" ? actually I was being honest in saying I wish I could find coffee as satisfying as you do as I drink 2-3 cups daily. It was a compliment.

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                  Re:Mexican coke Mon, 05/20/13 9:12 PM (permalink)

ces1948

wanderingjew

Glenn1234

wanderingjew

Al,

Glenn1234

Glenn

Glenn1234

here it is:

Reply to message

• So you think that was a "stink bomb" ? actually I was being honest in saying I wish I could find coffee as satisfying as you do as I drink 2-3 cups daily. It was a compliment.

• I'd love to know how referring to coffee as "hot brown water" is a compliment?  Please tell me which independent local coffee house you go to in the Port St Lucie area that serves coffee like that so I can avoid it if I'm ever there.  
                •  
                    ces1948

Re:Mexican coke Mon, 05/20/13 9:27 PM (permalink)
                    wanderingjew

ces1948

wanderingjew

Glenn1234

wanderingjew

Al,

Glenn1234

Glenn

Glenn1234

here it is:

Reply to message

• I'd love to know how referring to coffee as "hot brown water" is a compliment?  Please tell me which independent local coffee house you go to in the Port St Lucie area that serves coffee like that so I can avoid it if I'm ever there.  

• Actually as far as I know there is nothing around here but Starbucks. Maybe if there was I wouldn't refer to what I get as "hot brown water" It actually was meant to be a compliment as I have read most if not all of your trip reports and I know you always seek out coffee stops.

Glenn1234

• Location: Northern VA (the nasty Washington D.C. 'burbs part
                      Re:Mexican coke Mon, 05/20/13 9:29 PM (permalink)
                      \<<>..."If you had read and responded to my recent trip report (yes that would have been nice- because I see you've responded to others) ".....>>

Sorry, but I do not read every thread. In fact, I probably read less than 10% of them.  I just don't spend that much   time here.    There are months that go by that I don't reply to this site.   For example,  I think I was away from this site nearly continuously for most of the winter and early spring with no posts from me during that time.  On other days, I might read a dozen topics, and reply to a few of them.    It just depends on my mood and how much time I have.   I don't look at this site as homework, .... but I peek in every now and then for enjoyment.   :) 

Glenn

Glenn

<message edited by Glenn1234 on Mon, 05/20/13 9:40 PM>

Glenn1234

Re:Mexican coke Mon, 05/20/13 9:45 PM (permalink)

For what it's worth, I just looked at my stats, and have been on here about 50 months, and have 350 postings (this is number 351.)   That's about 7 postings per month.  With hundreds (thousands?) of posts per month on this site, I certainly can not come anywhere near replying to most posts without it becoming a part-time job.   :)   

Glenn

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                          Re:Mexican coke Mon, 05/20/13 9:52 PM (permalink)
                          Glenn1234

For what it's worth, I just looked at my stats, and have been on here about 50 months, and have 350 postings (this is number 351.)   That's about 7 postings per month.  With hundreds (thousands?) of posts per month on this site, I certainly can not come anywhere near replying to most posts without it becoming a part-time job.   :)   

Glenn

I know, Glenn,

I still like you anyway 

BTW Ces1948

You're correct, there is nothing in Port St Lucie- I totally feel for you
                          however, it looks like you're close to Stuart
                          You might want to give this place a try ! 

Glenn1234

Re:Mexican coke Mon, 05/20/13 10:03 PM (permalink)

<<...."I know, Glenn,

I still like you anyway   "...>>

I like you, too.  [Big Hug].  :)    I have to respect a guy who chooses to live within minutes of Allie's Donuts and Jigger's Diner! ... And a short drive to Providence and Boston.    Lucky guy!

Glenn

ces1948

Re:Mexican coke Mon, 05/20/13 10:16 PM (permalink)
                              wanderingjew

Glenn1234

Glenn

I know, Glenn,

I still like you anyway 

BTW Ces1948

You're correct, there is nothing in Port St Lucie- I totally feel for you
                              however, it looks like you're close to Stuart
                              You might want to give this place a try ! 

I will. Never saw the place but I do get to that area fairly often.

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                Re:Mexican coke Mon, 05/20/13 10:22 PM (permalink)
                                Glenn1234

<<...."I know, Glenn,

I still like you anyway   "...>>

I like you, too.  [Big Hug].  :)    I have to respect a guy who chooses to live within minutes of Allie's Donuts and Jigger's Diner! ... And a short drive to Providence and Boston.    Lucky guy!

Glenn

You got it- in fact not only do I live minutes away from Jiggers- I can walk there in less than 10 minutes from my condo..
                                Since it's my girlfriend's turn to visit me this weekend (from CT), I think we'll be having breakfast there one day over the weekend. 

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15059
                                  • Roadfood Insider
                                  Re:Mexican coke Wed, 05/22/13 6:13 PM (permalink)
                                  OK,  I'll chime in with a "it was all meant in good humor" and say I do like many soda's , but haven't found many of the diet versions that I enjoy.
                                    I have a coffee now and then, but don't have a discerning taste-bud that targets certain types etc.  I tend to prefer my large cup to be half coffee, the other have should be a combination of cream, mocha/chocolate/carmel.toffee flavoring...don't whip it please...It should be a blended version of Coffee/Mocha Ice Cream, served very hot !!
                                     To each his own.  here's my top Soda flavors
                                       Vernor's, 
                                       Squirt
                                       Wink
                                       Speichers (sp) Cherry Cola
                                        "    "   "           Orange Creme
                                       MOXIE

Are at the top of my list for cold soda's

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                    Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 47 of 47

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                    • No New Messages
                                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                                    • Read Message
                                    • Post New Thread
                                    • Reply to message
                                    • Post New Poll
                                    • Submit Vote
                                    • Post reward post
                                    • Delete my own posts
                                    • Delete my own threads
                                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com