Mexican coke

ces1948
  • Total Posts : 1499
  • Reward points : 0
Mexican coke - Thu, 05/9/13 9:57 PM
I've been hearing about these for years but never had one. I was at Publix yesterday and saw they were selling them individually in the drink cooler near the registers. I wasn't initially impressed after a couple of sips but then it really started to bring back memories of what Coke used to taste like. They also had Mexican Fanta Orange but I haven't tried that yet.

Twinwillow
  • Total Posts : 4898
Re:Mexican coke - Thu, 05/9/13 10:24 PM
Mexican coke is usually available at most all Hispanic markets as well.

NYPIzzaNut
  • Total Posts : 3127
Re:Mexican coke - Thu, 05/9/13 11:36 PM
We are seeing Mexican Pepsi also, at our international marketplaces in Cinci area, at Jungle Jim's.

highjumper
  • Total Posts : 6
Re:Mexican coke - Fri, 05/10/13 6:19 AM
Mexican coke never tried that before. How does it taste? Well, I must try that coke.

ann peeples
  • Total Posts : 8317
Re:Mexican coke - Fri, 05/10/13 7:27 AM
These particular beverages are made with sugar, as opposed to corn syrup. Reminds me of the sodas of my youth....Jarritos is a wonderful soda if you can find it-great flavors and lasts longer once opened.

Twinwillow
Re:Mexican coke - Fri, 05/10/13 7:27 AM
Welcome to Roadfood, highjumper.
Mexican Coke is made the same way Coke was made before Coca Cola started using high fructose corn syrup instead of sugar.
"Mexican Coke" is Coca Cola made in Mexico using 100% pure cane sugar as its sole sweetener. In Dallas, its available at all Fiesta stores as well as all Hispanic markets, taquerias and most Kroger stores. 

doofroad
  • Total Posts : 2
Re:Mexican coke - Wed, 05/15/13 3:24 AM
Mexican coke? What does it taste?

myterry2
  • Total Posts : 526
Re:Mexican coke - Wed, 05/15/13 5:05 AM
I believe the Mexican coke was the original formula, then they switched to the high fructose junk they use now.  This coke is used I think in every country from Mexico south.  I tastes just like the original, especially as it comes only in a bottle here.  It's on sale in the Chiciago area at times for 79 cents for the large size bottles.

funk
  • Total Posts : 2
Re:Mexican coke - Wed, 05/15/13 6:39 AM
Really? This is the original formula of coke?

kozel
  • Total Posts : 810
Re:Mexican coke - Wed, 05/15/13 9:28 AM
I think coke that is made Kosher for Passover is also made with cane sugar.
<message edited by kozel on Wed, 05/15/13 2:45 PM>

Glenn1234
  • Total Posts : 509
Re:Mexican coke - Wed, 05/15/13 1:40 PM

I think much of what makes Mexican Coke taste better is that it comes in real "coke bottle glass".   You can also get the "modern coke" (with HFCS) in small glass bottles in some stores, but they are expensive, and come in those little 7 ounce bottles.  It tastes great in the bottle, but is gone a few sips.  The Mexican coke comes in the larger 12 ounce glass bottles.     There is also the "Kosher coke" made with cane sugar, available at Passover, but it comes in the modern plastic 2-loter bottles.      I think having the Mexican Coke in the nice "old-fashioned" real "coke bottle glass" makes a a bigger difference than the difference between cane sugar versus corn syrup.    Coke from real glass seems so much better than coke from metal or plastic, whether it's cane sugar Coke or corn syrup Coke. 

Glenn

rumaki
  • Total Posts : 967
Re:Mexican coke - Wed, 05/15/13 2:12 PM
I absolutely agree on the Coke bottle glass phenomenon.

Until late last year, there was a bottling plant in Winona, MN that bottled Coke in 16 ounce RETURNABLE glass bottles. You could buy them at the plant itself during its regular business hours, or at a grocery store in town.  You paid a deposit on the bottles -- just like in the olden days -- and could return them for credit to either the bottling plant or the grocery store.

Sadly, the bottling plant stopped doing this late last fall. This article refers to 6.5 ounce bottles, but all we ever saw were the 16 ounce ones.  http://www.winonadailynew...b4ce-001a4bcf887a.html

Apparently they sold the last of their 6.5 ounce bottles as a charity fundraiser.  http://www.winonadailynew...a0ce-001a4bcf887a.html

Russ Jackson
  • Total Posts : 2257
Re:Mexican coke - Wed, 05/15/13 3:12 PM
It makes a way better Rum and Coke also. I don't drink a lot of soda but I always have a case of Mexican Coke and Jarritos in various flavors....Russ

Glenn1234
Re:Mexican coke - Wed, 05/15/13 3:25 PM

Interesting that the article only mentions the 6.5 ounce bottles.    
You got the 16 oz bottles, and the non-returnable bottles you see in 6-packs in some stores are 7 oz.   When I was a kid, I'm pretty sure the ones from Coke machines were 12 oz bottles.    So many different sizes.  

The Mexican Coke comes in 355 ml, which is the same as 12 oz.    The 12 oz. (355 ml) glass bottles still exist, but apparently only in Mexico. 
When so many people in the U.S. love the big old glass bottles, why the heck is Coke not responding to the demand?   I mostly drink Diet Coke, but still prefer it in glass bottles.  Even if it costs Coke more to return to glass, I'd gladly pay the premium price.  

Glenn

kaszeta
  • Total Posts : 658
Re:Mexican coke - Wed, 05/15/13 3:30 PM
Glenn1234

I think much of what makes Mexican Coke taste better is that it comes in real "coke bottle glass".    

I do think this helps.  When I started in college, 0.5 liter bottles of soda were still common (Michigan's 10 cent deposit kept them economically viable a lot longer[1]), but by the time I graduated they had been replaced by plastic 16 oz bottles, and those were starting to migrate to 20 oz bottles.

[1] As an aside, the bottling plant in Lansing, MI was one of the coolest factory tours of my Industrial Engineering class.

Twinwillow
Re:Mexican coke - Wed, 05/15/13 5:51 PM
Glenn1234

I think much of what makes Mexican Coke taste better is that it comes in real "coke bottle glass".   You can also get the "modern coke" (with HFCS) in small glass bottles in some stores, but they are expensive, and come in those little 7 ounce bottles.  It tastes great in the bottle, but is gone a few sips.  The Mexican coke comes in the larger 12 ounce glass bottles.     There is also the "Kosher coke" made with cane sugar, available at Passover, but it comes in the modern plastic 2-loter bottles.      I think having the Mexican Coke in the nice "old-fashioned" real "coke bottle glass" makes a a bigger difference than the difference between cane sugar versus corn syrup.    Coke from real glass seems so much better than coke from metal or plastic, whether it's cane sugar Coke or corn syrup Coke. 

Glenn

Sundancer7
  • Total Posts : 13388
Re:Mexican coke - Wed, 05/15/13 6:35 PM
Bushie brought me two six packs of Dr. Pepper when he visited me several years ago made with pure cane sugar.  I am not a fan of sugar drinks but I have to admit that it was delicious.  Especially when Bushie suggested that we try it with some Canadian.  We were on my boat with me and his ex brother in Law who wa a very nice quiet person.  Bushie and I were not so quite especially on our return trip back from Calhoun's BBQ which is upstream from me about 8 miles.  Don't worry as I was not the pilot.  We had my son in law who was the desiginated driver as it was sorta large vessel.

Their BBQ is OK but not anywhere close to the places that Bushie took me in TX
http://www.calhouns.com/

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

zaphod
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:Mexican coke - Wed, 05/15/13 6:39 PM
When I was a kid, soda came in 12-16oz & quart glass bottles.

And it stayed fizzy wa-a-a-ay longer than soda in cans or plastic bottles.

I absolutely never buy a 2-liter bottle of soda (cheapest & always on sale!) because I have a glass or two & the rest of it goes flat before I get back to it. You can't re-seal it tight enough (it goes flat because it lacks pressure) & then it's garbage. I realize some folks don't mind drinking flat soda, but, to me, "soda" implies effervescence.

I was notorious for leaving half-drunk, open bottles standing around as a kid. BUT....when you found them 3 days later, the soda would still be bubbly.

Doesn't happen with aluminum or plastic. And just what is leaching out of that aluminum & plastic into your beverage?

Some rep at the Scweppe's booth at the Restaurant Show once explained it had to do with the way carbonation clings to glass as opposed to plastic/metal. I don't know if  he knew what he was talking about, but, yeah...soda stays fizzy longer in glass.

I bought a bottle of Jarritos soda (in glass) a few days ago & left it open (habit) &, sure enough, 2 days later it was still bubbly. Very bubbly.

People don't really recycle aluminum & plastic...but pay .10 a bottle & they'd want their money back.
Deposit money was one of my main resources for gas money when I started driving (abd gas was .35 a gallon!)

Geez...I sound like my mother....

ces1948
Re:Mexican coke - Thu, 05/16/13 12:27 AM
I did not think the Mexican coke (12oz bottle) I purchased at Publix was a real old time glass bottle. It seemed as though it was some kind of glass/plastic combo which resonated with a kind of a dull thump when you "pinged" it.

Twinwillow
Re:Mexican coke - Thu, 05/16/13 1:45 AM
Sundancer7

Bushie brought me two six packs of Dr. Pepper when he visited me several years ago made with pure cane sugar.  I am not a fan of sugar drinks but I have to admit that it was delicious.  Especially when Bushie suggested that we try it with some Canadian.  We were on my boat with me and his ex brother in Law who wa a very nice quiet person.  Bushie and I were not so quite especially on our return trip back from Calhoun's BBQ which is upstream from me about 8 miles.  Don't worry as I was not the pilot.  We had my son in law who was the desiginated driver as it was sorta large vessel.

Their BBQ is OK but not anywhere close to the places that Bushie took me in TX
http://www.calhouns.com/

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

The Dr. Pepper that Bushie brought to you was bottled in Dublin, Texas. The Dublin bottler was the only Dr. Pepper bottler in the USA that used pure cane sugar instead of HFCS.
The Dublin bottler of cane sugar Dr. Pepper was recently sued to stop bottling. But, according to the attached link, they're still making it.
http://blogs.houstonpress...r_lawsuit_resolved.php

rumaki
  • Total Posts : 967
Re:Mexican coke - Thu, 05/16/13 8:49 AM
There was a family-owned Coca Cola bottling plant in Elizabethtown, KY, that sold Coke made with pure sugar.  I think they held one of the original bottling contracts.  They had a memorabilia museum at the plant, where you could also take bottling plant tours and sample the Coke at the end of the tour.  You could buy the sugar Coke locally at grocers, drugstores, etc.

But several years ago, we made the trek to Elizabethtown and it was obvious from the labeling that the Coca-Cola wasn't from Elizabethtown.  We drove all over town looking for it, and finally asked a clerk, who told us the plant had closed.  The Schmidt family opened a very nice freestanding museum that housed their memorabilia (which, according to the Coca-Cola Company, was the largest privately-held collection of Coke memorabilia), but despite many attempts to raise money, they went bust, and auctioned off all their memorabilia (for charity) in 2012.  Coca-Cola bought a lot of it, which is now in the World of Coca-Cola museum in Atlanta.
http://www.worldofcoca-co.../schmidtcollection.htm

mayor al
  • Total Posts : 15064
Re:Mexican coke - Thu, 05/16/13 9:38 AM
Mexican Coca Cola is available in many markets in the Louisville Area. I even saw some at COSTCO last week.

Glenn1234
Re:Mexican coke - Thu, 05/16/13 9:39 AM
ces1948

I did not think the Mexican coke (12oz bottle) I purchased at Publix was a real old time glass bottle. It seemed as though it was some kind of glass/plastic combo which resonated with a kind of a dull thump when you "pinged" it.

The Mexican Cokes I have had are real glass bottles.   I haven't heard of a glass/plastic combo bottle.   When you "pinged" it, was the bottle empty or full?  It will always have a duller, more muffled sound if full.  

Glenn

CCinNJ
  • Total Posts : 7748
Re:Mexican coke - Thu, 05/16/13 1:11 PM
Hill Country BBQ used to have Dublin Dr. Pepper shipped from Texas. Good stuff!

Heartbreaksoup
  • Total Posts : 407
Re:Mexican coke - Thu, 05/16/13 1:16 PM
I believe that the Dublin bottler rolled out their last Dr. Pepper later in 2012.  They have a line of "Vintage" sodas with 1950s decor now.

http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2013/03/soda-review-sugar-sweetened-sodas-from-dublin-bottlings-works-dublin-dr-pepper.html

wanderingjew
  • Total Posts : 7386
Re:Mexican coke - Thu, 05/16/13 1:24 PM
Not to hijack the thread but I just don't share the enthusiasm that others have of carbonated liquid granulated sugar...

Nasty, Nasty Nasty!!!!............

Ok....you can continue.....

eruby
  • Total Posts : 585
Re:Mexican coke - Mon, 05/20/13 8:13 AM
The Sam's Club near work almost always has cases of the glass-bottled Mexican Coke.  Slightly less than a dollar a bottle.

If ONLY the 6.5 / 8oz oz glass bottles with sugar were still available.  True dinosaurs will remeber the glass bottles with city names on the bottom.

SeamusD
  • Total Posts : 939
Re:Mexican coke - Mon, 05/20/13 9:40 AM
We get the "throwback" products around here, I've seen only Pepsi and Dr. Pepper, made with real sugar. The small grocery near my house has the Mexican versions of Coke and Pepsi, but for $1.80 for a 12 oz. bottle, I pass on it. I don't drink much soda anyway.

ynotryme
  • Total Posts : 562
Re:Mexican coke - Mon, 05/20/13 11:37 AM
they now sell Mexican coke and pepsi at the Albertson's grocery stores

ces1948
Re:Mexican coke - Mon, 05/20/13 12:31 PM
I was told that Home Depot also has Mexican coke. Don't know if that's true for all locations. Does seem like an unusual product for them to carry.

mayor al
Re:Mexican coke - Mon, 05/20/13 6:33 PM
Hey WJ,
  Your disdain of Soda Beverages almost matches my reaction to the FooFoo Coffees that some folks actually pay more than $.25 per cup  to drink !  

Glenn1234
Re:Mexican coke - Mon, 05/20/13 6:40 PM
mayor al

Hey WJ,
Your disdain of Soda Beverages almost matches my reaction to the FooFoo Coffees that some folks actually pay more than $.25 per cup  to drink !  

wanderingjew
Re:Mexican coke - Mon, 05/20/13 7:06 PM
Al,

That would make 711 and Dunkin Donuts Coffee "froo froo coffee"

Glenn1234

You're a fan of  "carbonated granulated sugar (or corn syrup) water", "those ultra-ridiculous, way, way way way too ridiculously and absurdly and painfully too sweet to even taste the flavor date shakes"  (another  )

And yet you don't like those refreshing, wholesome  and incredibly delicious Southern California Smoothies???!!! ....Seriously......Am I missing something??? 

EdSails
  • Total Posts : 3577
Re:Mexican coke - Mon, 05/20/13 7:19 PM
mayor al

Hey WJ,

25 cents a cup? Where besides Philippe's can you get that? Inquiring minds want to know.....

Glenn1234
Re:Mexican coke - Mon, 05/20/13 7:56 PM
<message edited by Glenn1234 on Mon, 05/20/13 8:18 PM>

Glenn1234
Re:Mexican coke - Mon, 05/20/13 8:22 PM
wanderingjew

Al,

Glenn1234

You're a fan of  "carbonated granulated sugar (or corn syrup) water", "those ultra-ridiculous, way, way way way too ridiculously and absurdly and painfully too sweet to even taste the flavor date shakes"  (another  )

And yet you don't like those refreshing, wholesome  and incredibly delicious Southern California Smoothies???!!! ....Seriously......Am I missing something??? 

Yes, you missed something.  It was nice discussion going on here about Mexican Coke, and coke in glass bottles, and someone came into it and laid down a stink bomb in the middle of the room with some anti-Coke jabs.  
Al gave your coffee a good ribbing back (deservedly so), and I got a laugh out of Al's jab.    I'm not a coffee fan .... of any kind.  So, I especially found the jab amusing.  
As for sweet drinks, I usually drink Diet Coke (and I like that in glass bottles better than metal or plastic, as well)  ... but even the regular Coke has fewer carbs than fruit smoothies.  Even all natural fruit and fruit juice (no sugar added} smoothies have about 45 grams of carbs per 12 oz.   Coke has 36 grams of carbs per 12 oz.        
  Oh, and I loved the date shake at Shields Date Garden!   It had a good strong date flavor.   

http://woman.thenest.com/fruit-smoothies-high-carbohydrates-5924.html

Glenn

<message edited by Glenn1234 on Mon, 05/20/13 8:39 PM>

wanderingjew
Re:Mexican coke - Mon, 05/20/13 8:56 PM
Glenn1234

wanderingjew

Al,

Glenn1234

Yes, you missed something.  It was nice discussion going on here about Mexican Coke, and coke in glass bottles, and someone came into it and laid down a stink bomb in the middle of the room with some anti-Coke jabs.  
Al gave your coffee a good ribbing back (deservedly so), and I got a laugh out of Al's jab.    I'm not a coffee fan .... of any kind.  So, I especially found the jab amusing.  
As for sweet drinks, I usually drink Diet Coke (and I like that in glass bottles better than metal or plastic, as well)  ... but even the regular Coke has fewer carbs than fruit smoothies.  Even all natural fruit and fruit juice (no sugar added} smoothies have about 45 grams of carbs per 12 oz.   Coke has 36 grams of carbs per 12 oz.        
Oh, and I loved the date shake at Shields Date Garden!   It had a good strong date flavor.   

Glenn

Glenn1234

Look who started this thread....

If you had read and responded to my recent trip report (yes that would have been nice- because I see you've responded to others) you will see see the "stink bomb" that ended up in my trip report (but really, who cares??) One thing about discussions, there are going to be criticisms along with the compliments.. 
here it is:

Oh, and I did have the date shake at Shield's Date Garden- it tasted like a sugar shake- no date taste whatsover, that's why I never returned there in 2009 after my original visit in 2006,  however I did enjoy the date shake at the Orange Inn aka "home of the original smoothie" much less sugar and more date. I also wanted to point out that if you add banana to a smoothie or anything for that matter, then it will add plenty of carbs... and I'll take natural sugars in fruit any day over added sugars..

ces1948 "Double Chili Cheeseburger" 

• Total Posts: 1388
    Reply to message

Re:Stolid, Stoic, Standoffish, Scandinavian Seattle Mon, 05/13/13 7:13 PM (permalink)

WJ I sure wish I could find the enjoyment in coffee that you do. I love the stuff but most of it tastes like "hot brown water" to me. I don't want to hijack the thread so I'll leave it at that. 

<message edited by wanderingjew on Mon, 05/20/13 9:02 PM>

• ces1948
    Re:Mexican coke - Mon, 05/20/13 9:06 PM
    wanderingjew

Glenn1234

wanderingjew

Al,

Glenn1234

Glenn

Glenn1234

If you had read and responded to my recent trip report (yes that would have been nice- because I see you've responded to others) you will see see the "stink bomb" that ended up in my trip report (but really, who cares??) One thing about discussions, there are going to be criticisms along with the compliments.. 
    here it is:

Oh, and I did have the date shake at Shield's Date Garden- it tasted like a sugar shake- no date taste whatsover, that's why I never returned there in 2009 after my original visit in 2006,  however I did enjoy the date shake at the Orange Inn aka "home of the original smoothie" much less sugar and more date. I also wanted to point out that if you add banana to a smoothie or anything for that matter, then it will add plenty of carbs... and I'll take natural sugars in fruit any day over added sugars..

Reply to message

Re:Stolid, Stoic, Standoffish, Scandinavian Seattle Mon, 05/13/13 7:13 PM (permalink)

WJ I sure wish I could find the enjoyment in coffee that you do. I love the stuff but most of it tastes like "hot brown water" to me. I don't want to hijack the thread so I'll leave it at that. 

• So you think that was a "stink bomb" ? actually I was being honest in saying I wish I could find coffee as satisfying as you do as I drink 2-3 cups daily. It was a compliment.

wanderingjew
    Re:Mexican coke - Mon, 05/20/13 9:12 PM

ces1948

wanderingjew

Glenn1234

wanderingjew

Al,

Glenn1234

Glenn

Glenn1234

here it is:

Reply to message

• So you think that was a "stink bomb" ? actually I was being honest in saying I wish I could find coffee as satisfying as you do as I drink 2-3 cups daily. It was a compliment.

• I'd love to know how referring to coffee as "hot brown water" is a compliment?  Please tell me which independent local coffee house you go to in the Port St Lucie area that serves coffee like that so I can avoid it if I'm ever there.  

• ces1948
    Re:Mexican coke - Mon, 05/20/13 9:27 PM
    wanderingjew

ces1948

wanderingjew

Glenn1234

wanderingjew

Al,

Glenn1234

Glenn

Glenn1234

here it is:

Reply to message

• I'd love to know how referring to coffee as "hot brown water" is a compliment?  Please tell me which independent local coffee house you go to in the Port St Lucie area that serves coffee like that so I can avoid it if I'm ever there.  

• Actually as far as I know there is nothing around here but Starbucks. Maybe if there was I wouldn't refer to what I get as "hot brown water" It actually was meant to be a compliment as I have read most if not all of your trip reports and I know you always seek out coffee stops.

Glenn1234
    Re:Mexican coke - Mon, 05/20/13 9:29 PM
    \<<>..."If you had read and responded to my recent trip report (yes that would have been nice- because I see you've responded to others) ".....>>

Sorry, but I do not read every thread. In fact, I probably read less than 10% of them.  I just don't spend that much   time here.    There are months that go by that I don't reply to this site.   For example,  I think I was away from this site nearly continuously for most of the winter and early spring with no posts from me during that time.  On other days, I might read a dozen topics, and reply to a few of them.    It just depends on my mood and how much time I have.   I don't look at this site as homework, .... but I peek in every now and then for enjoyment.   :) 

Glenn

Glenn

<message edited by Glenn1234 on Mon, 05/20/13 9:40 PM>

Glenn1234
    Re:Mexican coke - Mon, 05/20/13 9:45 PM

For what it's worth, I just looked at my stats, and have been on here about 50 months, and have 350 postings (this is number 351.)   That's about 7 postings per month.  With hundreds (thousands?) of posts per month on this site, I certainly can not come anywhere near replying to most posts without it becoming a part-time job.   :)   

Glenn

wanderingjew
    Re:Mexican coke - Mon, 05/20/13 9:52 PM
    Glenn1234

For what it's worth, I just looked at my stats, and have been on here about 50 months, and have 350 postings (this is number 351.)   That's about 7 postings per month.  With hundreds (thousands?) of posts per month on this site, I certainly can not come anywhere near replying to most posts without it becoming a part-time job.   :)   

Glenn

I know, Glenn,

I still like you anyway 

BTW Ces1948

You're correct, there is nothing in Port St Lucie- I totally feel for you
    however, it looks like you're close to Stuart
    You might want to give this place a try ! 

Glenn1234
    Re:Mexican coke - Mon, 05/20/13 10:03 PM

<<...."I know, Glenn,

I still like you anyway   "...>>

I like you, too.  [Big Hug].  :)    I have to respect a guy who chooses to live within minutes of Allie's Donuts and Jigger's Diner! ... And a short drive to Providence and Boston.    Lucky guy!

Glenn

ces1948
    Re:Mexican coke - Mon, 05/20/13 10:16 PM
    wanderingjew

Glenn1234

Glenn

I know, Glenn,

I still like you anyway 

BTW Ces1948

You're correct, there is nothing in Port St Lucie- I totally feel for you
    however, it looks like you're close to Stuart
    You might want to give this place a try ! 

I will. Never saw the place but I do get to that area fairly often.

wanderingjew
    Re:Mexican coke - Mon, 05/20/13 10:22 PM
    Glenn1234

<<...."I know, Glenn,

I still like you anyway   "...>>

I like you, too.  [Big Hug].  :)    I have to respect a guy who chooses to live within minutes of Allie's Donuts and Jigger's Diner! ... And a short drive to Providence and Boston.    Lucky guy!

Glenn

You got it- in fact not only do I live minutes away from Jiggers- I can walk there in less than 10 minutes from my condo..
    Since it's my girlfriend's turn to visit me this weekend (from CT), I think we'll be having breakfast there one day over the weekend. 

mayor al
    Re:Mexican coke - Wed, 05/22/13 6:13 PM
    OK,  I'll chime in with a "it was all meant in good humor" and say I do like many soda's , but haven't found many of the diet versions that I enjoy.
      I have a coffee now and then, but don't have a discerning taste-bud that targets certain types etc.  I tend to prefer my large cup to be half coffee, the other have should be a combination of cream, mocha/chocolate/carmel.toffee flavoring...don't whip it please...It should be a blended version of Coffee/Mocha Ice Cream, served very hot !!
       To each his own.  here's my top Soda flavors
         Vernor's, 
         Squirt
         Wink
         Speichers (sp) Cherry Cola
          "    "   "           Orange Creme
         MOXIE

Are at the top of my list for cold soda's