Need help remembering the name of a bubble gum from the 60's

debdog42
  • Total Posts : 36
  • Reward points : 0
Need help remembering the name of a bubble gum from the 60's - Fri, 05/10/13 6:14 PM
Me and my sister used to buy this green apple bubble gum that came in a flat, thick chunk about the size of a baseball card. Does anyone remember this?

TRASHCAN
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:Need help remembering the name of a bubble gum from the 60's - Fri, 05/10/13 6:49 PM
WAS IT KAZOOM
debdog42

Me and my sister used to buy this green apple bubble gum that came in a flat, thick chunk about the size of a baseball card. Does anyone remember this?

Treetop Tom
  • Total Posts : 321
Re:Need help remembering the name of a bubble gum from the 60's - Wed, 05/29/13 9:45 AM
The two "slab" gums I remember from the late 60s & early 70s with green apple flavors were "Mouth Full" by Donruss which had a smiley face on the package and "Ton 'O' Gum" from O-Pee-Chee which had a cartoon bodybuilder holding up a slab that read "ton 'o' (grape or apple or cherry) gum" printed on it.  Fleer had a similar product called "Big Wad" but I think it only came in original bubblegum flavor.  In my neighborhood (Washington, D.C.) they were never as popular as the foot-long rope/slab gums Bub's Daddy (Donruss) and Big Buddy (Topps).

Hepcat
  • Total Posts : 374
Re:Need help remembering the name of a bubble gum from the 60's - Wed, 06/26/13 5:18 PM
Yes. It was probably the Ton 'o' Green Apple Gum similar to this regular version: