Cave City KY

Cheeseburger
2013/06/07 11:43:58
will be going thru cave city on Monday to do some exploring/sightseeing. Any place good in the area? We sill be driving up from Murfreesborough and stopping in bowling Green to go to the lost river, then on to the caves
donw9876
Cheeseburger
Re:Cave City KY 2013/06/07 16:37:15
We went there in 2007. I think we went to the Sahara Steakhouse one time and it was pretty good. I believe we also visited El Mazatlan. I don't remember anything really stunning but I also don't remember any "must avoids".
Davwud
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Cave City KY 2013/06/07 18:53:52
Kind of a dead area. There's Big Bubba Buck's Belly Bustin' BBQ Bliss in Munfordville. A little ways up the road. There's also BG down the road the other way.
We spent time in that area in '06 and I think we ate at a AYCE Chinese Buffet. I remember it was not offensive.

DT
donw9876
Cheeseburger
Re:Cave City KY 2013/06/07 22:39:59
"Dead" (in a natural scenic and undeveloped type way) is a good summation of the area.
Vince Macek
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Cave City KY 2013/06/09 17:48:36
OP - if you find something good, please tell us about it. I went up there some years ago and couldn't find a decent thing - went to a 'Jerry's' restaurant (kind of a regional Denny's) only because my family ate there on a trip way back ca. 1968...food was blah, and it didn't look the same, so no nostalgia factor even.
bosco lover
Cheeseburger
Re:Cave City KY 2013/06/13 20:18:10
I hadn't been to Cave City in 10 years. Last time i ate at the Jerry's because I had loved it as a kid. I also found it blah, but got some great pictures of the sign.
I didn't think it was possible, but the town has gotten even more dead in the past 10 yrs.
We went to the Sahara steakhouse. My husbands steak and my burger were both overcooked, but they had nice flavor, and included a salad bar with a very hearty beef vegetable soup. The waitresses were super friendly, and we watched the sunset out of a big picture window. Not the best food ever, but perfectly adequate and a nice rest before we got back in the car.
neth
Junior Burger
Re:Cave City KY 2013/06/23 08:22:19
We were at Mammoth yesterday. Had a great home-cooked meal at Porky Pig Diner in Smith's Grove, not far from Cave City. BBQ Pork was outstanding, with homemade sauce on the side. Also got recommendations from rangers for Mama Lou's BBQ and Sugar & Cream, both in either Cave City or Horse Cave. Enjoy!
Davwud
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Cave City KY 2013/06/23 09:50:52
neth

We were at Mammoth yesterday. Had a great home-cooked meal at Porky Pig Diner in Smith's Grove, not far from Cave City. BBQ Pork was outstanding, with homemade sauce on the side. Also got recommendations from rangers for Mama Lou's BBQ and Sugar & Cream, both in either Cave City or Horse Cave. Enjoy!

That's awesome, that's for the tips.

DT