Dinner on Sunday I94 between Minneapolis and Milwaukee

ragman929
  • Total Posts : 23
  • Reward points : 0
Dinner on Sunday I94 between Minneapolis and Milwaukee - Fri, 06/14/13 11:49 AM
Will be driving back toMilwaukee from Minneapolis on Sunday afternoon after Twins-Tigers game.  Looking for dinner roughly half-way between Minneapolis and Milwaukee.  Suggestions?

BuddyRoadhouse
  • Total Posts : 4086
Re:Dinner on Sunday I94 between Minneapolis and Milwaukee - Fri, 06/14/13 1:59 PM
Halfway between Minneapolis and Milwaukee, eh? Smells like Madison to me.  Okay, I guess that's more than halfway, favoring Milwaukee, but it's still your best bet for good eats in that general area.  Start with this thread for ideas:

http://www.roadfood.com/F...71092&high=madison

Then try a search on the site.  There's a place called Monk's in the Wisconsin Dells that hits closer to your geographic goal.

BTW, the actual midpoint would put you in Tomah, Wisconsin, which I've found to be a disappointment in terms of Roadfood.  Plenty of fast food chains off the highway, and a poor excuse for a Wisconsin Supper Club (The TeePee) in town.  You're much better off driving to Madison or Monk's.

Have a safe trip!

Buddy

Monk's
220 Broadway
Wisconsin Dells, WI
(608) 254-2955

ScreamingChicken
  • Total Posts : 4737
Re:Dinner on Sunday I94 between Minneapolis and Milwaukee - Fri, 06/14/13 2:30 PM
Buddy, the same looks to be relatively true of Black River Falls as well.

The Dells area also features The Del-Bar and House of Embers, 2 long-time institutions in the area.  I haven't eaten at either in years, though.

jomackiewicz
  • Total Posts : 7
Re:Dinner on Sunday I94 between Minneapolis and Milwaukee - Fri, 06/14/13 8:53 PM
You might try Jerel's Club 95 in Hixton, WI. It's on Highway 95 and Interstate 94.