Name This Part

Junior Burger
2013/06/30 16:56:52
Could someone please tell me what this is. I got it with some steam table parts I bought.
Thank you!

Dr of BBQ
Filet Mignon
Re:Name This Part 2013/06/30 18:14:31
How big is it hard to tell with no frame of reference in the picture? But Looks like the metal piece that a stainless steel jar sits on in a cheese dispenser. It would sit in the bottom of something like this

And then the pump assembly below would sit on top of that piece

Junior Burger
Re:Name This Part 2013/06/30 18:27:40
It fits inside an 1/6 steam table pan if you turn it so that the metal ends are in the conners.
Thanks Dr.
post edited by PriceCharming - 2013/06/30 18:34:41
Re:Name This Part 2013/07/01 04:01:05
It's a Metal thingy!LOL! ya I would say it's meant to keep a pan off the bottom.
Re:Name This Part 2013/07/21 01:45:53
It looks like it serves the same purpose as a false bottom that you put in 1/3 and 1/4 pans to keep food elevated off water in the bottom of the pan. But in this case, it might be just to allow for space between two circular pans that would normally nest completely together.