The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Another way to re-cycle deli chicken-ROTISSERIE this time

Dianaesd

• Total Posts: 14
Another way to re-cycle deli chicken-ROTISSERIE this time Sat, 07/6/13 7:21 PM (permalink)
I love rotisserie chicken but not the next day.  I ****REALLY**** like Publixs' Savory Chicken breast tarragon salad.

I take the leftover rotisserie chicken & pick it clean (which is usually the breast). Coarsly chop.  By eye (because each time you'll have a different amount of chicken) mix with Hellmans Mayo (Ok, Ok--I'm converted...I'll get DH his Miracle Whip-but I'm buying the Hellmans for ME), dried tarragon & sliced almonds.  Tastes good then, better after some time in the fridge!

FriedClamFanatic

• Total Posts: 1496
    Re:Another way to re-cycle deli chicken-ROTISSERIE this time Sat, 07/6/13 11:17 PM (permalink)
    Then..........you get a chicken and rice dish with the lil bits..........maybe enough for a chicken pot pie too.....and finally, a carcass to make into glorious soup or sauce base.

They have rotisserie chicken on sale at my local supermarket.  I should take more advantage of it One chicken can easily provide 6+ suppers for the 2 of us

bartl

• Total Posts: 1208
      Re:Another way to re-cycle deli chicken-ROTISSERIE this time Sun, 07/7/13 9:37 AM (permalink)
      I got the book, "Rotisserie Chickens to the Rescue!: How to Use the Already-Roasted Chickens You Purchase at the Market to Make More Than 125 Simple and Delicious Meals" from my local library. I strongly recommending borrowing before buying, but it does have a few good ideas.

Bart

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com