Quick advice really appreciated! Where to eat tomorrow in Port Washington, NY!

ROHfan
  • Total Posts : 89
  • Reward points : 0
Quick advice really appreciated! Where to eat tomorrow in Port Washington, NY! - Mon, 07/15/13 9:09 PM
Just found out my daughter has a softball game in Port Washington tomorrow so we're thinking of making a night of it. Looking for a down and dirty cheapo place with good roadfood appeal. Burgers, Pizza, Lobster Rolls, Dogs, fish n' chips, you name it. Thanks in advance for the advice!

billyboy
  • Total Posts : 2363
Re:Quick advice really appreciated! Where to eat tomorrow in Port Washington, NY! - Tue, 07/16/13 2:47 PM
Hello ROHfan, I just texted two of my friends who spend a lot of time in Port Washington.  One of them just replied and said he really likes the pizza at Salvatore's.  Looks like they have pasta, calzones, strombolis, salads and apps too.

Weblink:  http://salvatorescoalfire...com/salvatoresmenu.htm

MacTAC
  • Total Posts : 425
Re:Quick advice really appreciated! Where to eat tomorrow in Port Washington, NY! - Sat, 07/20/13 9:12 AM
Regretfully saw this much too late to help with a recommendation for Salvatore's but I see billyboy had it covered! It's possible the OP might be familiar with the Bay Shore restaurant which we tried once. I went there for their White Clam Pizza which is not served in PW. Unfortunately, the clams were canned and the pie was undercooked, unusual in my experience for a coal oven pizzeria.

Never disappointed in Port Washington. When I must have the White Clam Pizza, I'll make the trip to Frank Pepe's, usually the Yonkers branch. 

ROHfan
  • Total Posts : 89
Re:Quick advice really appreciated! Where to eat tomorrow in Port Washington, NY! - Sat, 07/20/13 11:33 PM
We went to Salvatore's in Port Washington. I think I might have had the best pie of my life that night. Really. I'm talking DiFara's-level good. At half the price of Dom's pie! Thanks for the suggestions.

The Travelin Man
  • Total Posts : 3698
Re:Quick advice really appreciated! Where to eat tomorrow in Port Washington, NY! - Tue, 07/23/13 6:10 PM
I am also late to this dance, but I would have certainly recommended Salvatore's. I found them on a list by Newsday (I think) of the best pizzas on Long Island.