Card Tricks

sillydogz
  • Total Posts : 113
  • Reward points : 0
Card Tricks - Sun, 07/21/13 10:20 AM
Do any of you entertain your customers with magic or card tricks and earn extra tips? There was a young guy doing some pretty cool card tricks around my cart last night and he easily made 100 bucks in an hour or 2.

bartl
  • Total Posts : 1208
Re:Card Tricks - Sun, 07/21/13 2:28 PM
Doing magic is, pardon the expression, tricky. Remember, far too much magic is badly performed, and moves into the "now you see it, now you don't, you're a jerk" category. You don't want to give customers the impression that you may be, for example, short changing them.

Bart

jcheese
  • Total Posts : 739
Re:Card Tricks - Sat, 07/27/13 11:50 PM
My daily spot is on a 35 mph road with about 800-900 cars per hour. Most are locals that have seen me there enough to know I'm there.Those who stop tend to come back.
I'm a musician and I thought of setting my guitar on a stand (to get attention) and then playing when it's slow. Then I thought maybe charge them one dollar a song to go with their meal. Sure, I could sing for free, but if you put a price on it, it ups it's value. Could even do a "Song of the Day".......same song to everybody , announce it on FB, etc.
Ultimately ,I'd love to have a Hillbilly Jam session once a week there. An E-Z UP
and some chairs and I've created a new venue.

BpCBlake
  • Total Posts : 436
Re:Card Tricks - Sun, 07/28/13 2:54 AM
jcheese

My daily spot is on a 35 mph road with about 800-900 cars per hour. Most are locals that have seen me there enough to know I'm there.Those who stop tend to come back.
I'm a musician and I thought of setting my guitar on a stand (to get attention) and then playing when it's slow. Then I thought maybe charge them one dollar a song to go with their meal. Sure, I could sing for free, but if you put a price on it, it ups it's value. Could even do a "Song of the Day".......same song to everybody , announce it on FB, etc.
Ultimately ,I'd love to have a Hillbilly Jam session once a week there. An E-Z UP
and some chairs and I've created a new venue.

a dog singer?
hmm, cheaper then getting a helper monkey to serve and make change I guess.

jcheese
  • Total Posts : 739
Re:Card Tricks - Sun, 07/28/13 7:18 PM
Another thought I had......I wanna offer more premium sausages, but I don't wanna have them pre-cooked, or rather pre-heated. So maybe throw them in the "Dirty Water" for a minute, then on the grill. Sing them a song whilst they wait.