Card Tricks

Cheeseburger
2013/07/21 10:20:34
Do any of you entertain your customers with magic or card tricks and earn extra tips? There was a young guy doing some pretty cool card tricks around my cart last night and he easily made 100 bucks in an hour or 2.
bartl
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Card Tricks 2013/07/21 14:28:51
Doing magic is, pardon the expression, tricky. Remember, far too much magic is badly performed, and moves into the "now you see it, now you don't, you're a jerk" category. You don't want to give customers the impression that you may be, for example, short changing them.

Bart
jcheese
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Card Tricks 2013/07/27 23:50:03
My daily spot is on a 35 mph road with about 800-900 cars per hour. Most are locals that have seen me there enough to know I'm there.Those who stop tend to come back.
I'm a musician and I thought of setting my guitar on a stand (to get attention) and then playing when it's slow. Then I thought maybe charge them one dollar a song to go with their meal. Sure, I could sing for free, but if you put a price on it, it ups it's value. Could even do a "Song of the Day".......same song to everybody , announce it on FB, etc.
Ultimately ,I'd love to have a Hillbilly Jam session once a week there. An E-Z UP
and some chairs and I've created a new venue.
BpCBlake
Cheeseburger
Re:Card Tricks 2013/07/28 02:54:03
jcheese

My daily spot is on a 35 mph road with about 800-900 cars per hour. Most are locals that have seen me there enough to know I'm there.Those who stop tend to come back.
I'm a musician and I thought of setting my guitar on a stand (to get attention) and then playing when it's slow. Then I thought maybe charge them one dollar a song to go with their meal. Sure, I could sing for free, but if you put a price on it, it ups it's value. Could even do a "Song of the Day".......same song to everybody , announce it on FB, etc.
Ultimately ,I'd love to have a Hillbilly Jam session once a week there. An E-Z UP
and some chairs and I've created a new venue.

a dog singer?
hmm, cheaper then getting a helper monkey to serve and make change I guess.

jcheese
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Card Tricks 2013/07/28 19:18:00
Another thought I had......I wanna offer more premium sausages, but I don't wanna have them pre-cooked, or rather pre-heated. So maybe throw them in the "Dirty Water" for a minute, then on the grill. Sing them a song whilst they wait.