Has anyone tried Kirkland's Special Hot Dogs?

BobbyVang
  • Total Posts : 62
  • Reward points : 0
Has anyone tried Kirkland's Special Hot Dogs? - Fri, 07/26/13 12:17 PM
So my loan finally comes in on August 2nd, I'm going to be building my cart asap. Now I tried a whole bunch of hot dogs with my friends, we've had Nathan's Beef Franks, Ball Park's Angus Beef Hot Dogs, National Hebrew's Beef, and Kirkland's Polish Sausage and Kirkland's Beef Hot Dog.

We don't have Sabrett's or Vienna Beef hot dogs here. Out of all the hot dogs listed above the majority of my friends liked Kirkland's Polish Sausage and Kirkland's Beef Hot dog. Only one other liked the Nathan's Beef Franks (bun length). We had the hot dogs with Onion, Mustard, Relish and Tomatoes.

Is there anything wrong with these hot dogs? Last time I posted something about it in someone's thread I was slightly bashed for planning to use these. Should I try Vienna Beef and Sabrett's before making my decision? Biggest problem with Vienna Beef is that I would have to invest 50$ to even try it since they don't sell in smaller bundles. Although the only way to get them is to order them where I live. Would it be worth to order them? My way is to have quality > profits.

These are the hot dogs.
http://www2.costco.com/Br...000000&eCat=BD_827
<message edited by BobbyVang on Fri, 07/26/13 12:24 PM>

BpCBlake
  • Total Posts : 436
Re:Has anyone tried Kirkland's Special Hot Dogs? - Fri, 07/26/13 12:23 PM
BobbyVang

So my loan finally comes in on August 2nd, I'm going to be building my cart asap. Now I tried a whole bunch of hot dogs with my friends, we've had Nathan's Beef Franks, Ball Park's Angus Beef Hot Dogs, National Hebrew's Beef, and Kirkland's Polish Sausage and Kirkland's Beef Hot Dog.

We don't have Sabrett's or Vienna Beef hot dogs here. Out of all the hot dogs listed above the majority of my friends liked Kirkland's Polish Sausage and Kirkland's Beef Hot dog. Only one other liked the Nathan's Beef Franks (bun length). We had the hot dogs with Onion, Mustard, Relish and Tomatoes.

Is there anything wrong with these hot dogs? Last time I posted something about it in someone's thread I was slightly bashed for planning to use these. Should I try Vienna Beef and Sabrett's before making my decision? Although the only way to get them is to order them where I live. Would it be worth to order them? My way is to have quality > profits.

These are the hot dogs.
http://www2.costco.com/Br...000000&eCat=BD_827

The ones they serve at the snack bar?
they are very nice. I use VB product myself. dogs and buns and addons. they have nice peppers and relish too. and they give you free stuff to help your business. signs, hats, shirts, umbrellas and more. you just save your recipts and fax them to thier reps and they send you a catalog of stuff you can pick from. plus free dogs and buns too.

BobbyVang
  • Total Posts : 62
Re:Has anyone tried Kirkland's Special Hot Dogs? - Fri, 07/26/13 12:27 PM
Yep, the ones at the snack bar. Sounds great if they give stuff like that, but I do wonder how much do you sell your dogs for? On the website it's 30 hot dogs for $49.95, unless your grocery store just carries it I think it would be cheaper.

http://www.viennabeef.com/natural-casing-hot-dog-pack 
<message edited by BobbyVang on Fri, 07/26/13 12:32 PM>

BpCBlake
  • Total Posts : 436
Re:Has anyone tried Kirkland's Special Hot Dogs? - Fri, 07/26/13 3:22 PM
BobbyVang

Yep, the ones at the snack bar. Sounds great if they give stuff like that, but I do wonder how much do you sell your dogs for? On the website it's 30 hot dogs for $49.95, unless your grocery store just carries it I think it would be cheaper.

http://www.viennabeef.com/natural-casing-hot-dog-pack 

2 dogs anyways you want them, chips and drink. 6.00

sillydogz
  • Total Posts : 113
Re:Has anyone tried Kirkland's Special Hot Dogs? - Fri, 07/26/13 5:42 PM
what do people in your area eat? I set out to sell all beef but people around here are used to beef & pork so I went with a premium beef & pork natural casing dog.

daddywoofdawg
  • Total Posts : 299
Re:Has anyone tried Kirkland's Special Hot Dogs? - Fri, 07/26/13 7:15 PM
check vons or Ralph's for smaller sizes like the Vienna dog's try different brands,ask the meat manager what brands they sell the most of,that gives you an idea of what people in the area like.

djtomatoe
  • Total Posts : 197
Re:Has anyone tried Kirkland's Special Hot Dogs? - Sat, 09/21/13 1:04 PM
I say don't use them.
they are cheap ,,,and they have lots of fat and salt for flavor.
try finding a local hot dog.
<message edited by djtomatoe on Tue, 09/24/13 2:52 PM>