Help with menu

Author
magik62
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2013/08/06 17:06:56 (permalink)

Help with menu

I'm currently in the early stages of converting a camper into a concession trailer and currently am working on a menu. Being that I plan to be different, I thought about wrapping the dogs in bacon. Has anyone else tried this and if so, how did you cook it?

4 Replies Related Threads

BpCBlake
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 439
    Re:Help with menu 2013/08/06 18:29:46 (permalink)
    Does your health department allow raw foods?
    some carts have a flat grill on them, and you can throw it on that. if the hd dont allow raw foods you can get cooked from like samsclub, like hormel blacklabel and use that too.
    pnwchef
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2519
    Re:Help with menu 2013/08/06 19:33:41 (permalink)
    Hi Mag, welcome to Roadfood.........They sell Bacon wrapped hot dogs in LA to the boarder, they also sell them in Az. Most of the dog carts can't sell them because of the Raw Bacon. If your doing a inclosed food trailer with proper refer and hand washing, you should be fine. I would run it by the hd, just in case..................good luck with the new business......pnwc
    magik62
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:Help with menu 2013/08/07 22:45:18 (permalink)
    Yeah, I'm planning on a fully enclosed trailer and will have a grill, 3 compartment sink and steamer. You can do raw food because the Philippine group we belong to has a booth at the local Asian Fest and cook Philippine pork Bar-B-Q on site. It's their best seller, having to run 5 grills just to keep up with the demand. What I'm thinking is wrapping the dogs and steaming them before moving them to the grill. I also plan on selling the pork Bar-B-Q and brats.
    BpCBlake
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 439
    Re:Help with menu 2013/08/07 23:35:19 (permalink)
    magik62

Yeah, I'm planning on a fully enclosed trailer and will have a grill, 3 compartment sink and steamer. You can do raw food because the Philippine group we belong to has a booth at the local Asian Fest and cook Philippine pork Bar-B-Q on site. It's their best seller, having to run 5 grills just to keep up with the demand. What I'm thinking is wrapping the dogs and steaming them before moving them to the grill. I also plan on selling the pork Bar-B-Q and brats.

wouldnt that make the bacon soggy?
    unless maybe you cook the bacon to almost done, then wrap them around the dogs. then finish them up on the grill.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1