BurgerFi?

phlmaestro
  • Total Posts : 345
  • Reward points : 0
BurgerFi? - Wed, 08/7/13 3:33 PM
A Florida-based burger chain called BurgerFi is opening an outlet a few blocks from my office (and across the street from the Reading Terminal). They have the thin patties that I like and also serve frozen custard, which I love when it's made well.

Does anyone have any experience with BurgerFi? Is this a place I should be excited about?

A Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers opened in the Philly burbs in the past year and I love their burgers and custard. I'm also a shake shack fan. So if BurgerFi is even close to being as good as those places, I'd be very happy to have it as a lunch option during the week.

MetroplexJim
  • Total Posts : 3705
Re:BurgerFi? - Wed, 08/7/13 6:57 PM
Kinda reminds me of Culver's.

Their fries look great on their website.

Michael Hoffman
  • Total Posts : 17832
Re:BurgerFi? - Wed, 08/7/13 7:06 PM
The Smashburger pix look good, too, but, as lleechef noted when we went, "It's a small step up from McDonald's."

phlmaestro
  • Total Posts : 345
Re:BurgerFi? - Sat, 08/10/13 10:44 PM
I think we're also getting a Smashburger somewhere in or near Philly. I'm glad to have some of these chains move into the region, given the fairly slim pickings for fast-food style burgers we had until relatively recently. As I mentioned above, I've become a pretty big fan of Freddy's Frozen Custard's double cheeseburger.

Now if we could just get Culver's and Steak 'n Shake. The fries at Freddy's remind me a lot of the fries at Steak 'n Shake.

I've moved to within a 10-minute drive of Charlie's Hamburgers, which is the only burger place in this region and one of only two in Pennsylvania to make the Hamburger America book. And I love their burgers; but they're SO greasy - maybe the greasiest burgers I've ever had - that I only get them occasionally. Some of these smaller chains are the next best option, as most of the highly regarded burgers in Philly are the large pub-style ones. I prefer a couple thin patties piled on top of each other.
<message edited by phlmaestro on Sat, 08/10/13 10:48 PM>