BurgerFi?

Author
phlmaestro
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 388
2013/08/07 15:33:53 (permalink)

BurgerFi?

A Florida-based burger chain called BurgerFi is opening an outlet a few blocks from my office (and across the street from the Reading Terminal). They have the thin patties that I like and also serve frozen custard, which I love when it's made well.

Does anyone have any experience with BurgerFi? Is this a place I should be excited about?

A Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers opened in the Philly burbs in the past year and I love their burgers and custard. I'm also a shake shack fan. So if BurgerFi is even close to being as good as those places, I'd be very happy to have it as a lunch option during the week.

3 Replies Related Threads

MetroplexJim
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4274
    Re:BurgerFi? 2013/08/07 18:57:17 (permalink)
    Kinda reminds me of Culver's.

Their fries look great on their website.

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18882
    Re:BurgerFi? 2013/08/07 19:06:10 (permalink)
    The Smashburger pix look good, too, but, as lleechef noted when we went, "It's a small step up from McDonald's."
    phlmaestro
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 388
    Re:BurgerFi? 2013/08/10 22:44:17 (permalink)
    I think we're also getting a Smashburger somewhere in or near Philly. I'm glad to have some of these chains move into the region, given the fairly slim pickings for fast-food style burgers we had until relatively recently. As I mentioned above, I've become a pretty big fan of Freddy's Frozen Custard's double cheeseburger.

Now if we could just get Culver's and Steak 'n Shake. The fries at Freddy's remind me a lot of the fries at Steak 'n Shake.

I've moved to within a 10-minute drive of Charlie's Hamburgers, which is the only burger place in this region and one of only two in Pennsylvania to make the Hamburger America book. And I love their burgers; but they're SO greasy - maybe the greasiest burgers I've ever had - that I only get them occasionally. Some of these smaller chains are the next best option, as most of the highly regarded burgers in Philly are the large pub-style ones. I prefer a couple thin patties piled on top of each other.
    post edited by phlmaestro - 2013/08/10 22:48:50
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1