Need help building a drink box

Junior Burger
2013/08/10 19:47:31
Do any of you cart builders have any advice/resources for building one of those built-in cold drink boxes like you see on some New York style carts? I'm building a new cart, and I have just about finished blocking out the equipment in my 3d software. My goal is to have everything onboard the  cart, and to avoid the use of a separate table, and cooler. I'm not looking to drop an igloo cooler into a hole in the deck of my cart. I want to build a box that is built in to the cart, with a sliding cover, or maybe an insulated hinged cover that would be flush with the top of my deck. A permanent part of the cart, with a drain for the melted ice. Any ideas/photos/plans on constructing such an animal would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
edwmax
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Need help building a drink box 2013/08/10 20:28:29
It is not hard.  Build a metal box the way you want it. Then glue (attach) high density insulation to the outside of the box.  Maybe add a little extra insulation to the side near the firebox.  Don't forget to include a drain.
HotDogopolis
Junior Burger
Re:Need help building a drink box 2013/08/10 22:41:03
I feel really stupid. I spent so much time thinking about how to make some sort of metal double walled box... having it fabricated and all.  I figured that I would have to use expanding foam to fill the void. Then edwmax comes up with such a simple idea. That makes complete sense!

Thanks!
jcheese
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Need help building a drink box 2013/08/11 18:39:56
Even better, build the the box, insulate it then drop  a good quality cooler in it.
Like a Coleman Extreme with the lid removed.
edwmax
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Need help building a drink box 2013/08/12 06:24:55
The KISS principle  ... KEEP IT SIMPLE STup...  well never mine