Cannot find concession windows for the look I'm going for. Any advice

Jasper1
  • Total Posts : 51
  • Reward points : 0
Cannot find concession windows for the look I'm going for. Any advice - Sun, 08/25/13 11:10 AM
I'm starting a mobile Gelato business and I was dead set on a truck and I just can't get it to work with the gelato case being low enough for the customers to see inside the display and choose favors to taste.
So I gave up after a month and now gone to a trailer and I bought a used F250 diesel and now trying to get a 16ft trailer built but I can't seem to find concession windows that don't have that concession look.
I'm wanting the windows to look like just a big window when your standing away from the trailer.
So the trailer is going to have two window openings for two 6ft long by 3.5ft tall windows.
I want 4 pieces of tempered glass 18" long by 42" tall and the outer panes are stationary and the inner ones to slide to the outside.
I see concession windows like this but they have the vertical supports between the the inner and outer window panes. I'm wanting a clean look and only want the outer window frame and the 4 pieces of glass so there is no vertical support.
The window frame would need 3 tracks, one for the two stationary outer windows, one for the sliding inner windows and one for the screens which I would have removed most of the times.
There would be plenty of support from the awning being closed when driving. I called a few glass companies and none of then seen to get what I'm talking about.
If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.
Here's a crude drawing of what I'm trying to get the trailer windows to look like. And the other picture is of a concession window I'd like but without the vertical supports.

Jasper1
Re:Cannot find concession windows for the look I'm going for. Any advice - Sun, 08/25/13 11:12 AM

Jasper1
Re:Cannot find concession windows for the look I'm going for. Any advice - Sun, 08/25/13 11:14 AM
And here's a link to a trailer of the look I'm trying to go for.

roadkillgrill
  • Total Posts : 174
Re:Cannot find concession windows for the look I'm going for. Any advice - Sun, 08/25/13 12:49 PM
Why couldn't a glas co. do that? That's a simple glass job. Find a better glass company!!!!!

I've done that.  It's display case hardware. One double 6ft track top and bottom. rollers are on bottom of glass panels. Simple installation. The glass  slips in the top and drops down onto the lower track.  Since all panels now slide, simply screw the panels you don't want to move. But trust me you will at some point wish they moved.

NOW, I'll give you the cons: there is a space between sliding panels that can be corrected with a clear "v" self adhesive weatherstripping. (but it will meed to be replaced every couple of years due to yellowing). #2, make damn sure when they install the panels tight or you may lose the glas going down the highway. I corrected this by installing a SS piece of metal on each side of the lower track to make sure they couldn't come out.

and if you are REAL GOOD, you can have the track the same height as your counter inside and out and have a "no obstruction serving window"

daddywoofdawg
  • Total Posts : 299
Re:Cannot find concession windows for the look I'm going for. Any advice - Wed, 08/28/13 9:11 PM
So why can't you take those pictures to a glass co. or order from the one in the bottom photo?

Jasper1
Re:Cannot find concession windows for the look I'm going for. Any advice - Thu, 08/29/13 11:41 PM
I'm having Wells Cargo build the trailer, they have the photos. Hopefully they will be able to do it.
Thanks