Little Taverns are coming back!

Double Cheeseburger
2013/08/25 14:22:43
Wow, hard to believe. My Dad used to take me to the one on 14th St. in DC near the Washington Post building....back in the 50's. I have no idea where they are planning to open....this is all the info I could come up with. Anybody else remember these great little burgers?

http://www.littletavernrestaurants.com/
carolina bob
Filet Mignon
Re:Little Taverns are coming back! 2013/08/25 16:44:42
I sure do. Back in the late '70s and early '80s, my job occasionally took me to Washington DC where, on one of my first trips, I came across the Little Tavern chain. Their outlets all looked like small white houses ( not the presidential kind ) with green trim and had no booths, only counter stools. The burgers they served were tasty little slider-types similar to White Castle's and I tried to find time to stop in at LT almost every visit I made to the area. I was really sorry to hear of their demise a few years back but I'm thrilled to learn of their comeback plans and I hope they're able to pull it off.
RC51Mike
Cheeseburger
Re:Little Taverns are coming back! 2013/08/26 07:15:05
Same here.  I worked in Silver Spring for a year in the early '80's where I frequented one.  Loved the steeped pitched roof cottage style building and cheap tasty burgers.
eruby
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Little Taverns are coming back! 2013/08/26 08:00:10
I haven't been to this Laurel Md 'Little Tavern' in several years, but there's a review dated 8/20/13 on yelp.

When I was last there, it wasn't a bona fide Little Tavern, and it didn't have donuts. I don't know if it's in cahoots with the website above.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/laurel-tavern-donuts-laurel
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:Little Taverns are coming back! 2013/08/26 08:08:00
I have fond memories of eating at Little Taverns while visiting family in the Baltimore area.  For Cousin Johnny's sake, I hope they open one near Glen Burnie.
eruby
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Little Taverns are coming back! 2013/08/26 08:20:56
buffetbuster

I have fond memories of eating at Little Taverns while visiting family in the Baltimore area.  For Cousin Johnny's sake, I hope they open one near Glen Burnie.
B. B., is your cousin in/near Glen Burnie?  If so, I'll have to hook up with him some time.  

buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:Little Taverns are coming back! 2013/08/26 08:25:15
eruby-
Yes he is.  Most of the rest of the family lives around Pasadena.  How about the next time I come down to visit, the three of us will get together?
eruby
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Little Taverns are coming back! 2013/08/26 08:39:53
Excellent!