Can a generator work inside a slide out compartment ?

Jasper1
  • Total Posts : 51
  • Reward points : 0
Can a generator work inside a slide out compartment ? - Mon, 09/2/13 1:04 AM
I'm having a trailer built and I just bought a Yamaha EF4500ise generator with a remote start and I'm seeing if its ok to operate the generator inside the box with a vented door shut and a computer fan running at all times on the inside.
The manual says never operate Ina closed area and keep it at least 3ft from anything.
Question is, if well ventilated can it be operated on a slide out tray inside the cubby with the door closed?

It has a remote start and I planned on running the AC on the generator and everything else in the trailer on batteries so there will be some quiet times during the day.
And when the generator is running the AC it will also charge the batteries.

I'm just trying to make the generator as quiet as possible and if I can operate it with the door shut that would be preferred.

Also, does a generator box need to be 100% blocked off from the inside.
I ask because the controls are I front and the exhaust is in the rear. I was thinking about mounting it on a slide out tray with the rear of it facing outside and putting some kind of exhaust pipe that exits the outside when the door is closed and a inside door that I an open from inside the trailer to turn everything on.
Or do the rules say a generator box needs to be completely sealed off from the inside ?

The generator is a tank at 200 pounds and I hope a slide out tray can be made with a Wells Cargo trailer sturdy enough to hold the weight when slid out.

Dr of BBQ
  • Total Posts : 3716
  • Reward points : 0