Hot!Texas franchises coming soon to you ...

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3983
Re:Texas franchises coming soon to you ... 2013/09/18 09:07:08 (permalink)
Adjudicator

Whattaburger here forever (since early 80s here in Tally, one with original A frame building still standing.)  Still cooked to order.  Taquitos are a major breakfast item, especially with grilled onions & grilled veggie mix aka from grilled Chicken Tacos.  Those are excellent.  The Patty Melts remain a strong contender, and I have also heard that WB will soon introduce a mushroom & swiss cheeseburger and/or patty melt.  You cannot be wrong with that.  The string fries are superior, as well as their red and green picante sauces and spicy ketchup.  You cannot go wrong with anything ordered @ WB.

Even though we are surrounded by Whattaburgers here in McKinney I can only recall four times we have eaten there in the past eight years.  The last time - several years ago - I got a truly dry burger and never went back. 

After reading your review maybe I should give them another chance; their TV ads are the most "appetizing" of any here in Texas.  And, they are superior to "McWendyKing", or, as Anthony Bourdain recently called them: "the creepy king, the clown, and the crone"; he certainly has a way with words.
Heartbreaksoup
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 441
Re:Texas franchises coming soon to you ... 2013/09/22 16:28:33 (permalink)
That old tradition of a "deluxe" burger having mayo, lettuce and tomato is kept alive at Atlanta's Varsity, where you have to order a "glorified" burger to get a garden with your patty.

A glorified burger with pimento cheese is just about my favorite junk fast food in the world.
chewingthefat
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6171
Re:Texas franchises coming soon to you ... 2013/09/25 16:42:52 (permalink)
I recently tried the Dickey's that opened in Frederick, ranks right up there with BK, Taco Bell.
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3983
Re:Texas franchises coming soon to you ... 2013/09/25 18:17:35 (permalink)
chewingthefat

I recently tried the Dickey's that opened in Frederick, ranks right up there with BK, Taco Bell.

But, they do offer more protein per $ spent. 
And, one certainly cannot accuse them of having too much butterfat in their "free" soft serve.

Welcome back!  Even though we haven't met (yet) I missed you.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1