New Restaurant: Marketing/Advertisement Strategy

Junior Burger
2013/09/24 22:47:25
I have a small advertisement budget for my new restaurant and I was curious to see what mediums (newspaper, Radio, Facebook, Twitter) others are using the most and using most effectively to get their business out there? 
fishscale28
Cheeseburger
Re:New Restaurant: Marketing/Advertisement Strategy 2013/09/24 23:20:03
Facebook, twitter, Instagram etc ar awesome for this. AND they're free! And very interactive- whichnismgreatbthese days
Jasper1
Hamburger
Re:New Restaurant: Marketing/Advertisement Strategy 2013/09/25 01:04:52
What about a Groupon. If the food is really good, those who buy may come back and be happy to pay full price.

MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:New Restaurant: Marketing/Advertisement Strategy 2013/09/25 08:49:02
fishscale28

Facebook, twitter, Instagram etc ar awesome for this. AND they're free! And very interactive- whichnismgreatbthese days

EXCELLENT ADVICE!!!

As a former restaurant owner from back in the "pre-information age" I cringe at the money I had to spend on media:  radio, ads in movie theaters, Val-Pak, the YELLOW PAGES, etc.  (I absolutely resented the arrogant attitude and extortion-level pricing of the YP.  I now take pleasure in throwing that damn book in the trash whenever some kid litters on my front doorstep with one; these days the only "walking" my fingers do is over this keyboard!!!). 

You are so lucky today that the most effective form of advertising - word of mouth - is still free and is now HIGHLY AMPLIFIED by the internet.  If you are going to spend any money I'd try one of these "internet reputation" firms.  Otherwise, just focus on "being good"!
hpx
Junior Burger
Re:New Restaurant: Marketing/Advertisement Strategy 2013/09/25 10:14:01
have had nothing but bad experiences with Groupon.
bartl
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:New Restaurant: Marketing/Advertisement Strategy 2013/09/25 10:33:12
hpx have had nothing but bad experiences with Groupon.

PLEASE expand on that???? I have been looking at Yelp deals, Groupon, and Living Social, and am interested.

Bart
hpx
Junior Burger
Re:New Restaurant: Marketing/Advertisement Strategy 2013/09/25 11:19:28
bartl

hpx have had nothing but bad experiences with Groupon.

PLEASE expand on that???? I have been looking at Yelp deals, Groupon, and Living Social, and am interested.

Bart

in my experience and others I know of, they will bleed you dry with the groupon offer and get nothing else. end of day I have little cash and stack of coupons. Maybe it is just my area and the people here.

We do very well offering limited short deals via facebook and twitter. "for the next hour" sortof things.
Mick Z
Junior Burger
Re:New Restaurant: Marketing/Advertisement Strategy 2013/09/25 15:17:47
Thanks for the feedback! Does your business utilize a Facebook page or privately managed website? And, if so, how do you use it?
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:New Restaurant: Marketing/Advertisement Strategy 2013/09/26 02:02:13
Put yourself on:
http://www.urbanspoon.com/n/122/13800/Davenport/Bettendorf-restaurants
Also Yelp:
http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=&find_loc=Bettendorf+IA&ns=1&ls=16e79461576b409a#cflt=food
Encourage your customers to post reviews on there if they tell you they like your food.
If they don't, then don't mention it!!
Put Sign-up cards on the tables for people to give you their email addresses to sign up for your "Subscriber Specials" and then email them once a week with a special for email members only.
A place in our area did this and increased their business 37 % in just 2 weeks. 
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:New Restaurant: Marketing/Advertisement Strategy 2013/09/26 02:04:22
What kind of food are you selling?
It might be a good idea to tell us the name of your place!  That would be a good start!
azmilsyahmi
Junior Burger
Re:New Restaurant: Marketing/Advertisement Strategy 2013/12/30 06:51:48
Foodbme

Put Sign-up cards on the tables for people to give you their email addresses to sign up for your "Subscriber Specials" and then email them once a week with a special for email members only.
A place in our area did this and increased their business 37 % in just 2 weeks. 

I agree with Foobme. I put sing up cards on tables and got a large amount of email address. Add a monthly lucky draw. Choose a winner and give him/ her the price and snap a picture. Put it up on your notice board so people know you are serious about the lucky draw.Many places say they do a lucky draw but don't. That's why people shy away from giving address.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:New Restaurant: Marketing/Advertisement Strategy 2013/12/31 04:02:19
Mick Z
Thanks for the feedback! Does your business utilize a Facebook page or privately managed website? And, if so, how do you use it?

You need to use all Social Media and MAKE SURE they're all interconnected and cross linked including a web site.
There are plenty of DIY Web Site Builder Sites out there.
Hire your 16 year old neighbor kid to do it. They understand those sites inside & out!