Looking for Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Double Chili Cheeseburger
2013/10/04 16:19:49
About the only baking I do (except from mix) is chocolate chip cookies, which I make pretty much the standard toll house recipe (I add a few more chocolate chips instead of the nuts, and I use the freshest ingredients I can). I am, however, looking for a recipe for chocolate chip cookies without eggs (edited; thanks to Michael Hoffman). I would REALLY prefer if it's a recipe that you have made; I can find plenty of recipes on the Internet, but not from sites I know.

Bart
post edited by bartl - 2013/10/07 11:30:17
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:Looking for Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe 2013/10/04 16:42:16
I was out of eggs once and making cookies, so instead of using eggs in the Toll House recipe, I used mashed ripe banana. I had to go look it up again, and the formula is 1/2 banana + 1/4 teaspoon baking powder for each egg. The cookies were a slightly different texture, but you couldn't really taste the banana at all. I never put  nuts in mine, and do the extra chocolate chips like you do.
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:Looking for Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe 2013/10/04 19:32:59
I suck at baking..........
bartl
Re:Looking for Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe 2013/10/07 11:30:59
Michael Hoffman
Not that I can help, but did you really mean to say, "I am, however, looking for a recipe for chocolate chip cookies without nuts."?

Fixed (with a credit to you). Thanks.

Bart
lleechef
Sirloin
Re:Looking for Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe 2013/10/07 11:54:02
Oh that's easy.  I buy the NestlĂ© chocolate chunks, use the recipe on the back of the bag and just omit the nuts because MH doesn't like them.    I, on the other hand love nuts so I reserve some of the cookie dough and add them for me.  I do prefer the chunks to the chips.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:Looking for Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe 2013/10/07 13:56:39
If you don't mind peanut butter cookies I bet you could add a 1/3 - 1/4 cup of chocolate chunks to this recipe which is one of my favorites:

Tofu Peanut Butter Cookies

One 18 oz jar of smooth peanut butter
one 16 oz pkg of firm tofu
2 cups sugar
2 Tablespoons of vanilla

Mix all ingredients until well blended.

Place 1-2 teaspoon size balls of dough on a cookie sheet.

Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25-mins.
bartl
Re:Looking for Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe 2014/06/23 14:31:54
Update: I found that substituting applesauce for eggs works very well. In another front, I discovered that ground flaxseed meal can make an excellent egg substitute as well. In my first experiment, with brownies (which do not work well with applesauce), I used 1 teaspoon of flax seed meal + 1/4 cup water for each egg. The brownies were delicious had a nice texture, but required slightly delicate handling to keep from falling apart. My next experiment will be to allow the flaxseed/water mixture to sit for 1/2 hour before using it.

Bart