Hot!Congratulations To Me

Double-chop Porterhouse
2013/10/15 15:27:45
In honor of me, I presume, today, Oct. 15, is National Grouch Day. Speaking as a very grouchy curmudgeon I can only say that I am gratified that this day has finally come. But why in hell did it take so long?.
lleechef
Sirloin
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/15 15:33:29
Because they didn't realize that you were still around!
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/15 15:35:27
You're just jealous because there's no National Bitch Day.
ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/15 15:59:26
What type of gift does one send for either of those two very special holidays? 
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/15 16:07:23
Well, for the one they haven't set yet there's always the Wicked Witch of The West Mask, also known as the Margaret Hamilton Forever Mask. For my day just send money.
lleechef
Sirloin
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/15 16:12:44
ChiTownDiner

For him, Chef Boyardee ravioli.  For me, fois gras, preferably duck.  Oh, and a nice brioche.
ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/15 16:36:24
On the surface, there appears to be an inequality in the selections....Chef Boyardee is a prized commodity! 
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/15 16:39:32
To celebrate, go to Five Guys and ask for a medium rare burger.  Then grouch about the fact that they won't fry one for you!
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/15 16:39:36
No No No!  Being a "former' grouch, you are not entitled to celebrate.

(Thank You Lisa)
wanderingjew
Sirloin
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/15 16:41:54
Michael Hoffman

Well, for the one they haven't set yet there's always the Wicked Witch of The West Mask, also known as the Margaret Hamilton Forever Mask. For my day just send money.

Oh come on, everyone knows  based on  this year's "Oz The Great and Powerful" that The Wicked Witch of the West was Mila Kunis way before she turned into Margaret Hamilton 
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/15 17:19:17
I can't imagine, not in a lifetime, that you would turn into a "Fieldthistle" clone, but you met Lisa, and the rest is history. Congrats anyhow, on being the BIGGEST Grouch, of the early 21st century!
lleechef, the miracle worker!
pnwchef
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/15 17:26:17
I have never called you a grouch, I have called you about 20 other names....BAAAAAAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
Uncle Groucho
Cheeseburger
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/15 17:28:41
I Hate today damn it. Just Kidding , Congratulations Michael.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/15 17:47:30
I think if you doubters would check with lleechef you'd find that the only thing that's changed is the amount of non-brown hair in my beard.
agnesrob
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/15 19:10:30
lleechef

ChiTownDiner

For him, Chef Boyardee ravioli.  For me, fois gras, preferably duck.  Oh, and a nice brioche.

Oh yes! me too Lisa! I usually only indulge in fois gras once or twice around the holidays but if someone gives me a gift of it, I would be very grateful!!
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/15 19:19:07
wanderingjew

Michael Hoffman

Oh come on, everyone knows  based on  this year's "Oz The Great and Powerful" that The Wicked Witch of the West was Mila Kunis way before she turned into Margaret Hamilton 

Knowing in advance I'm going to pay for asking, who -- or what -- is Mila Kunis?
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/15 19:20:38
lleechef

ChiTownDiner

As Joe Penner might say (had he not died in 1941), Wanna Buy a duck?

mar52
Sirloin
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/15 21:52:45
Well Mozel Tov on your Hallmark moment!

CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/15 21:56:53
Michael Hoffman

You're just jealous because there's no National Bitch Day.

Two Words my grouchy old friend

DAWG HOUSE
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/16 03:48:46
Funny! I called you a Grinch a couple of years back-sorry I got it wrong. I grew up with a curmudgeon-my Dad. In my estimation, you are 2nd best at it!
Believe me-Lisa and I are working on a National Bitch Day-Bob says EVERDAY is National Bitch Day! You two would get along famously... 

is on your side.....
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/16 08:18:44
Michael Hoffman

wanderingjew

Michael Hoffman

Knowing in advance I'm going to pay for asking, who -- or what -- is Mila Kunis?

Here you go, grouchmeister.

Enjoy (if the terminally annoyed are able to enjoy, that is).
wanderingjew
Sirloin
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/16 10:22:16
Michael Hoffman

wanderingjew

Michael Hoffman

The shoe being on the other foot, my 30 year old co-workers want to know "who or what is Margaret Hamilton?"
mar52
Sirloin
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/16 13:09:27

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/16 13:19:02
Well, now that I've seen a photo of this Mila Kunis I think I'll stick with Margaret Hamilton. Maybe Billie Burke, who played Glinda, the Good Witch of the North.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/16 13:20:08
mar52

Well Mozel Tov on your Hallmark moment!

Many thanks.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/16 13:22:10
ann peeples

Funny! I called you a Grinch a couple of years back-sorry I got it wrong. I grew up with a curmudgeon-my Dad. In my estimation, you are 2nd best at it!
Believe me-Lisa and I are working on a National Bitch Day-Bob says EVERDAY is National Bitch Day! You two would get along famously... 

is on your side.....

lleechef isn't working on it. She's too busy getting the newly delivered stove ready for tonight's lobsterfest.
wanderingjew
Sirloin
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/16 13:27:42
Michael Hoffman

Well, now that I've seen a photo of this Mila Kunis I think I'll stick with Margaret Hamilton. Maybe Billie Burke, who played Glinda, the Good Witch of the North.

Interestingly enough, Margaret Hamilton was only 7 years older than Mila was,  when they played the same role yet Ms. Hamilton looked old enough to be Mila's grandmother.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/16 13:38:22
That is interesting.
ScreamingChicken
Filet Mignon
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/16 13:51:26
wanderingjew

The shoe being on the other foot, my 30 year old co-workers want to know "who or what is Margaret Hamilton?"
Anyone for some Maxwell House?

Michael, perhaps next year you can celebrate with a trip to Readlyn, Iowa.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/16 14:25:37
ScreamingChicken

wanderingjew

Michael, perhaps next year you can celebrate with a trip to Readlyn, Iowa.

Now that would make for a great road trip.
wanderingjew
Sirloin
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/16 14:30:02
ScreamingChicken

wanderingjew

They were still in diapers when those commercials still ran
EdSails
Filet Mignon
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/21 00:35:10
Sorry I wasn't around for your Special Grouchy Day! 

post edited by EdSails - 2013/10/21 00:47:08
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/21 10:56:28
That's OK Ed. It was pretty messy, so you were lucky.
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/21 14:50:27
I am seriously considering extending "Grouchy Day(s)" to include the entire Halloween Marketing period. Not even worth a "BAH HUMBUG" !!
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/21 16:10:37
Now just a darned minute. I'm looking forward to the four little kids down the road stopping by on the 31st to show us their costumes (made by their mother) and collect enough candy from this one stop to give them each a lifetime of cavities.
CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/21 19:27:52
Michael Hoffman

Now just a darned minute. I'm looking forward to the four little kids down the road stopping by on the 31st to show us their costumes (made by their mother) and collect enough candy from this one stop to give them each a lifetime of cavities.

OK I am scared now........

The Grouchy Old Creepy man at the end of the block is giving the "good candy" away.

WHAT THE HELL DID LISA DO TO THE GROUCH????
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/21 19:51:02
Oh, I answer the door looking exactly like me. Scares hell out of them.
lleechef
Sirloin
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/10/21 20:32:32
Oh he's still plenty grouchy and creepy and mean.  They come here because I'm the nice lady with the kitty, the candy and the popsicles.  I also know all their names!  They didn't come over last year.  Maybe this year they will if I tell them the grouch is locked in the basement.
EdSails
Filet Mignon
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/11/28 01:04:28
Sorry I missed your special day, Michael.
http://youtu.be/QDUyazvnLkc
post edited by EdSails - 2013/11/28 01:19:47
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Congratulations To Me 2013/11/28 10:53:57
EdSails

Sorry I missed your special day, Michael.
http://youtu.be/QDUyazvnLkc

No cat beats me!