Burger King Satisfries

Author
tmiles
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2042
2013/10/25 14:21:11 (permalink)

Burger King Satisfries

I tried the new satisfries (lower fat french fries) today. They still carry the regular ones, and the Satisfries are here for a limited time. I expect that they are being careful. The Satisfries are 50 cents extra, and taste like a typical chain fry. They give a few of the regular fries as a comparison. The new fries are just as good, but different. The new fries are larger and crinkle cut. The regular fries are straight cut and thinner. I don't know if folks will pay extra, as the new fries are still not diet food. My counter person said that the new fries are slow sellers, and cooked (warmed?) to order. 
post edited by tmiles - 2013/10/25 14:22:38

13 Replies Related Threads

WarToad
    • Total Posts : 1864
    Re:Burger King Satisfries 2013/10/25 15:10:08 (permalink)
    Bring back the good old days of frying them in beef tallow and I'll pay 50 cents extra for that.
    felix4067
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3651
    Re:Burger King Satisfries 2013/10/25 15:59:53 (permalink)
    Every time I am anywhere that serves crinkle-cut fries, I assume they're serving Ore-Ida. Which I hate. I don't care what they fry them in, crinkle-cut fries always have no flavour, and they always have that frozen mashed potato formed into sticks texture. I am glad to hear they're still offering the regular fries, though! I was afraid they were getting rid of them entirely, in which case I can no longer eat fries at BK.
    mjambro
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 436
    Re:Burger King Satisfries 2013/10/27 06:51:29 (permalink)
    I've tried them three times.  They do NOT resemble (terrible / frozen) Ore-Ida products.

So far, I've found them to be the best frozen fry being sold today.
    edwmax
    • Total Posts : 2119
    Re:Burger King Satisfries 2013/10/27 07:16:50 (permalink)
    tmiles

...    My counter person said that the new fries are slow sellers, and cooked (warmed?) to order. 

Why would anyone pay for re-warmed (aka: left-over) food?   ... I refuse to eat their 'cooked-in-advance', microwaved burgers.  All my orders are requested to be made fresh, no microwave! ... I have refused several orders after seeing the burger being 'warmed' in the microwave.  Store management always gets involved when I refuse the order.   In the past they have claimed the store doesn't even have a microwave, and I just point to it on the sandwich line.        
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    Re:Burger King Satisfries 2013/10/27 10:52:21 (permalink)
    Satisfries are fried in oil just like the other fries at Burger King. They are coated In batter that absorbs less oil than the standard issue fries.
    mjambro
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 436
    Re:Burger King Satisfries 2013/10/27 13:41:23 (permalink)
    "I refuse to eat their 'cooked-in-advance', microwaved burgers."

I avoided BK for many years (10+?) for that exact reason.   However, now that Wendy's only has hamburgers by special order (plus they charge a premium by charging for cheese when there is to be no cheese) , McDonalds burgers just taste like salt and Five Guys burgers are essentially steamed after being wrapped in foil, earlier this year I found myself back at BK for the occasional fast food burger.  Being in the northeast, we have limited fast-food options for burgers.

Then again, that's probably why I'm at a fast food place less than once / month.  I much prefer a burger at a diner, drive-in, etc, but they are not always conveniently located.   
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13565
    Re:Burger King Satisfries 2013/10/27 16:11:28 (permalink)
    For some reason the thought of any fast food burger turns me off and weird as it seems, I have enjoyed most for years.  I have not bought any for some time and it is not because of the chain but the thought and taste turns me off.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    edwmax
    • Total Posts : 2119
    Re:Burger King Satisfries 2013/10/27 18:21:24 (permalink)
    mjambro

"I refuse to eat their 'cooked-in-advance', microwaved burgers."

I avoided BK for many years (10+?) for that exact reason.   However, now that Wendy's only has hamburgers by special order (plus they charge a premium by charging for cheese when there is to be no cheese) , McDonalds burgers just taste like salt and Five Guys burgers are essentially steamed after being wrapped in foil, earlier this year I found myself back at BK for the occasional fast food burger.  Being in the northeast, we have limited fast-food options for burgers.

Then again, that's probably why I'm at a fast food place less than once / month.  I much prefer a burger at a diner, drive-in, etc, but they are not always conveniently located.   

BK Corp. states if you request the burger to be made fresh. ... it will BE!    I'm stating to see several BK'a not using the 'Hotshot' microwave and some have removed them from the sandwich line.
    tkitna
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 635
    Re:Burger King Satisfries 2013/10/29 22:38:01 (permalink)
    I dont know. I look at burger chains like McDonalds, Wendys, and BK as institutions. You know what to expect when you go there. I'm not sure I would go through the fuss of pulling some busy, pissed off highschool kid away from the assembly line to special make a burger for me. If i'm going to go through that trouble, i'm at least going to go some place where it will be worth it not to mention where i'd feel a little better about the final product..

Thats just me though.
    post edited by tkitna - 2013/10/29 22:42:40
    Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5066
    Re:Burger King Satisfries 2013/11/05 18:35:25 (permalink)
    Another BK failure.
    michaelcarraher
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 161
    Re:Burger King Satisfries 2013/11/05 20:18:08 (permalink)
    I've tried the Satisfries.  I like them.  They don't taste like fake fries.  If it weren't for the crinkle cut, not sure I could tell the difference.  Lower fat.  Fewer calories.  What's not to like.  I've started making BK a regular stop (after a long absence).  Maybe they've started getting their act together after all this time.  Looks like they've started cleaning the store, too.
    MetroplexJim
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4323
    Re:Burger King Satisfries 2013/11/06 08:36:18 (permalink)
    On The Daily Show, Jon Stewart's writers made up a wisecrack about Arby's that summarizes my feeling about BK:

"Burger King:  for when your hunger overwhelms your memory!"
    tmiles
    • Total Posts : 2042
    Re:Burger King Satisfries 2014/09/17 15:30:54 (permalink)
    Satisfries are history, but they brought back chicken fries. I fell for the hype and bought some chicken fries. Sorry BK but gas station chicken tenders are just as good. Neither are worth the cash or calories. 

I'm less down on fast food burgers that most RF folks, and get one about twice a month (and franchise fast food in general about once a week), but IMO BK has a lot of catching up to do. McD and Wendy are both better.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1