Coalinga For Breakfast Update

Double-chop Porterhouse
2013/11/10 15:11:04
Back in 2005 someone was looking for places to eat breakfast near Coalinga, California. I posted the following:

Coalinga is also smack in the middle of oil country. And, while it may no longer be there (I don't know), it was the home of Bordegary's Saloon and Hotel, a marvelous place that still had bullet holes in the bar-back in the mid 1950s when I used to play poker in the saloon mornings after a midnight tower on a drilling rig.

I just learned that Bordegary's is no longer there on what was once known as Whiskey Row (North 5th Street). It seems it disappeared during the earthquake of 1983.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:Coalinga For Breakfast Update 2013/11/10 17:07:39
Coalinga is indeed still in existence and a bit famous for the kidnapping and burying of a busload of school kids.

It's also home to the largest manure pile I've ever seen.

That earthquake was quite a big one.... 6.5

The manure pile prevented me from ever stopping there.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Coalinga For Breakfast Update 2013/11/10 17:36:56
I misspoke. I know Coalinga is still there. I mean to say, and obviously I screwed up, that I didn't know whether Bordegary's was still there. Obviously, it is not.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:Coalinga For Breakfast Update 2013/11/10 23:02:44

catosaurus
Cheeseburger
Re:Coalinga For Breakfast Update 2013/11/11 10:42:55
Marlene, we used to refer to that manure pile as "Bandini Mountain".  However, it doesn't stop us from visiting Harris Ranch whenever we are in the area.