The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!!

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 30 of 63
mayor al

• Total Posts: 15060
  • Roadfood Insider
Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 9:48 AM (permalink)

We take great pleasure in introducing Cliff Strutz (BuffetBuster) as the new Roadfood Restaurant Review Editor for the website. Cliff has been a very active member of the Roadfood forums for many years, submitting excellent reports of his visits to a wide variety of "RoadFoodie Locations" all across America.

Traveling with his 'Side-Kick' Cousin Johnny, this pair of food-oriented explorers have introduced literally hundreds of new places to the forum members over the years. We look forward to reading more of these successful visits in the rejuvenated Restaurant Review Section of the Website.

Members will find that submitting their Reviews and Updates to the site will receive Cliff's full attention so as to add to the large inventory of place-locations already on file. Start putting together the entries you have been holding and let's all work to help Cliff get off to a flying start on his new activities here on Roadfood.Com. Further details of the process of publishing entries will be forthcoming from our new EDITOR.

Welcome Aboard , Cliff !!

<message edited by mayor al on Mon, 11/11/13 2:39 PM>

will_work_4_bbq

• Total Posts: 399
    Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 9:59 AM (permalink)
    Yayyy!!  Congrats, Cliff!

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3704
      Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 10:32 AM (permalink)

Sundancer7

Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 10:38 AM (permalink)
        We could think of absolutely no one better qualified to do this than  BB.  This is great for Roadfood and a super change of scenery.  A new day and Congrats to Cliff.

Paul E. Smith
        Knoxville, TN

Twinwillow

• Total Posts: 4896
          Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 10:39 AM (permalink)
          A well deserved honor for a great contributor to RoadFood whose trip reports have always made me drool over my keyboard.

As an aside, I believe I see our late, great friend, Bushie in the background of the above picture of Cliff.

ChiTownDiner

Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 10:54 AM (permalink)
            Congratulations and so well deserved! This will benefit the entire Roadfood community! I hope you will still dine with us commoners in the future....

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2230
              Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 11:13 AM (permalink)
              Great choice, BB gives his heart and soul to seeking out Roadfood places. Just read one of his trip reports, it will make you want to follow in his footsteps...............Good luck................pnwc

JRPfeff

• Total Posts: 2368
                Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 11:39 AM (permalink)
                Cliff - I hope this doesn't affect your day job or, more importantly, your clearing up your backlog of un-posted trip reports.

Good luck, I know you'll make this fun.

Jim

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17815
                  Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 11:43 AM (permalink)
                  Great choice. And to think, I've actually had the opportunity to dine with BB.

JB-ME

• Total Posts: 31
                    Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 11:45 AM (permalink)
                    Excellent choice! I've enjoyed reading his trip reports for years, and I am sure he will do a great job in this new RF role.

phlmaestro

Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 12:00 PM (permalink)
                      Great choice! Congrats Buffetbuster.

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4074
                        Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 1:32 PM (permalink)
                        Couldn't have made a better choice!  Cliffy, you've got the full support and backing of the Roadhouse Clan!

Buddy

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6220
                          Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 1:42 PM (permalink)
                          AWESOME!!!!!!! 

TnTinCT

Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 2:04 PM (permalink)
                            Whoop whoop!!!! Congrats and a great add to the team!

buffetbuster

Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 3:16 PM (permalink)
                              A big thank you to everyone for their kind words and to Al and Paul for the warm welcome to the Roadfood team.  If you see a sudden surge in the amount of pie shops reviewed on Roadfood, you will know who to blame! 

buffetbuster

Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 3:17 PM (permalink)
                                JRPfeff

Cliff - I hope this doesn't affect your day job or, more importantly, your clearing up your backlog of un-posted trip reports. 
                                And here I thought clearing up my backlog of half finished and unposted trip reports was my day job!

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4715
                                  Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 3:45 PM (permalink)
                                  buffetbuster

If you see a sudden surge in the amount of pie shops reviewed on Roadfood, you will know who to blame!
                                  Pie shops and places that top every dish with a truckload of french fries...

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6079
                                    Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 4:09 PM (permalink)
                                    Congrats...well deserved...Best of luck.

Root-Beer Man

• Total Posts: 331
                                      Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 4:33 PM (permalink)
                                      Congrats, BB! Looking forward to seeing more from you and others!

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4463
                                        Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 4:42 PM (permalink)
                                        Congrats BB!  I hope you won't be too busy writing about pie to actually enjoy some

jm199

• Total Posts: 215
                                          Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 4:49 PM (permalink)
                                          I hoist a cold Iron City beer and a Pirmanti's sandwich in your honor. Congratulations!

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17815
                                            Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 4:54 PM (permalink)
                                            I'll skip the Iron City, but if you're not careful I'll steal the Primanti's sandwich from you.

Big_g

Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 6:05 PM (permalink)
                                              Congrats...couldn't have made a better choice!!!

Buffalo Tarheel

Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 7:11 PM (permalink)
                                                A great choice of a great guy.  My congratulations as well.  Thanks for all the hard work.

myterry2

• Total Posts: 526
                                                  Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 7:31 PM (permalink)
                                                  You ARE the man!!!

bigbear

• Total Posts: 59
                                                    • Location: The Villages, FL
                                                    Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 9:27 PM (permalink)
                                                    Congrats.

Glenn1234

• Total Posts: 509
                                                      • Location: Northern VA (the nasty Washington D.C. 'burbs part
                                                      Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 9:48 PM (permalink)

Congratulations!   I enjoy reading your reviews, and I know you'll do a great job as review editor. 

Glenn

ChiBears15

• Total Posts: 68
                                                        Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Mon, 11/11/13 11:29 PM (permalink)
                                                        Mr. Strutz,

Congrats on the new position.

But can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE finish your Iowa trip report titled "If you bake it, he will come"? 
                                                        It is my favorite trip report on this site yet it sits unfinished! 

Louis

• Total Posts: 713
                                                          • Location: Henderson, KY
                                                          Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Tue, 11/12/13 3:02 AM (permalink)
                                                          Congratulations, Cliff!

buffetbuster

Re:Welcome Our New Restaurant Review Editor !!!!! Tue, 11/12/13 4:46 AM (permalink)
                                                            ChiBears15

But can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE finish your Iowa trip report titled "If you bake it, he will come"? 
                                                            It is my favorite trip report on this site yet it sits unfinished! 
                                                            That was also one of my favorite trips to take.  I really love Iowa.  Okay, this report will get finished, although it might not happen for a little while until other stuff gets cleaned up.

Thanks again to everyone for the generous comments.  They are very much appreciated!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 30 of 63

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com