Voodoo Doughnuts in the Portland Media

Filet Mignon
2014/01/18 15:40:34
This week  Portland's alternative weekly Willamette Week had a cover article written by someone who worked at Voodoo Doughnuts for a few months. It's a behind the scenes look at the day to day operation of the downtown branch of the store.  Good read and very interesting/
EdSails
Filet Mignon
Re:Voodoo Doughnuts in the Portland Media 2014/01/18 16:01:32
I do remember that donut I had there with you. Delicious!
pnwchef
Filet Mignon
Re:Voodoo Doughnuts in the Portland Media 2014/01/18 19:42:18
love2bake
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Voodoo Doughnuts in the Portland Media 2014/01/19 01:53:59
Thank you for sharing the article--definitely interesting! 
catosaurus
Cheeseburger
Re:Voodoo Doughnuts in the Portland Media 2014/01/19 02:03:05
Yikes.  I've lost my appetite for doughnuts.
mr chips
Filet Mignon
Re:Voodoo Doughnuts in the Portland Media 2014/01/19 02:09:04
Thanks pnwchwf for providing the link

Pancho
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Voodoo Doughnuts in the Portland Media 2014/01/19 11:41:04
Hugely overrated tourist trap. My daughter went to college in PDX and I visited many times. She wouldn't go near the place. She did turn me on to Annie's which is vastly superior.
EdSails
Filet Mignon
Re:Voodoo Doughnuts in the Portland Media 2014/01/19 11:51:36
I thought they were good. Yeah, they set quotas---but what retail or food business doesn't.?
Pancho
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Voodoo Doughnuts in the Portland Media 2014/01/19 12:58:13
EdSails

I thought they were good. Yeah, they set quotas---but what retail or food business doesn't.?

http://roadfood.com/Resta...0454/annies-donut-shop
mr chips
Filet Mignon
Re:Voodoo Doughnuts in the Portland Media 2014/01/19 18:52:28
Panco, I agree that Annie's is better. There are a couple other places I like better.
post edited by mr chips - 2014/01/22 16:39:43
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
Re:Voodoo Doughnuts in the Portland Media 2014/01/21 11:58:50
The meta "conversation" that starts about Portland and hipsters in the third comment below the article is the perfect accompaniment TO the article. It is now inevitable that hipster backlash will strike any business that proves to be successful enough to reach beyond those that "discovered" the source before it became popular.

Foodies are now the new "I liked Barenaked Ladies before they were ever ON THE RADIO" people.
Pancho
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Voodoo Doughnuts in the Portland Media 2014/01/21 12:51:37
The Travelin Man

The meta "conversation" that starts about Portland and hipsters in the third comment below the article is the perfect accompaniment TO the article. It is now inevitable that hipster backlash will strike any business that proves to be successful enough to reach beyond those that "discovered" the source before it became popular.

Foodies are now the new "I liked Barenaked Ladies before they were ever ON THE RADIO" people.
Not this guy...I hated the Barenaked Ladies before and after they were on the radio. Now The Tragically Hip are a different story...I loved them before and they still are rarely on the radio. Same applies to Broken Social Scene, although they seem to be getting more air play these days. So many great Canadian bands.

Davydd
Sirloin
Re:Voodoo Doughnuts in the Portland Media 2014/01/21 17:32:28
What good are barenaked ladies on the radio if you can't see them?

Oh, never mind.

Emily