Bacon Jam

Cheeseburger
Flagged as Spam (1)
2014/01/22 18:25:40
This looks like a gift from the Gods to hot dog vendors..from what I am reading and looking at reviews if you are not topping dogs with this,,your not worth a popcorn fart.
anyone using it./.  Now i am sure you are all familiar with Flo,s in Cape Neddick Maine..she has a sauce,,nothing special,,other than the sauce. dogs in water,,pork beef nattys, People flock to flo,s for the hype. 

post edited by Joedog - 2014/01/22 18:38:39
Joedog
Cheeseburger
Re:Bacon Jam 2014/01/22 20:32:25
Ingredients
1 pound thick smoked bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces 1 large onion, sliced 4 cloves garlic, chopped 1/4 cup cider vinegar 3/4 cup coffee (brewed) 1/4 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup maple syrup 1/4 cup bourbon 1-2 chipotle chilis in adobo, chopped 1/2 teaspoon cumin pepper to taste
Directions
Cook the bacon in a large sauce pan an over medium heat until the fat has rendered and the bacon starts to get crispy and set aside, reserving 1 tablespoon of the grease in the pan. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute. Add the vinegar and deglaze the pan. Add the coffee, brown sugar, maple syrup, bourbon, bacon, chipotle chilies, cumin and pepper, reduce the heat and simmer until reduced to a syrupy consistency, about 1-2 hours. Process the jam in a food processor to smooth it out a bit but not too much as you want to have the texture of the bacon. If you do not finish it all in one sitting, store it in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.
Tip: Chipotles chili peppers in adobo can be hot and everyone hase their own preferences for heat. I recommend that you add the chipotles in adobo a bit at a time, taste testing as you go, to bring the heat up to the point where it is a nice undertone without overwhelming.

Tip: I prefer the bacon jam warm so I take out what I need and give it a few seconds in the microwave before using it.

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Bacon Jam 2014/01/22 20:49:15
Are you Kevin Lynch? I ask because you've posted his recipe from

www.closetcooking.com

FriedClamFanatic
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Bacon Jam 2014/01/23 08:45:06
I make a similar thing, but never tried it on a dog......hmm!  And yeah, been to Flo's many times......it's al about the sauce
Joedog
Cheeseburger
Re:Bacon Jam 2014/01/24 15:44:54
No I just posted it from a random site..no disrespect to Kevin Lynch. I just wanted to see if people are using it. It's a wi
nnaah!  
Joedog
Cheeseburger
Re:Bacon Jam 2014/01/24 15:45:10
a weeenah winnah
Rcoy
Hamburger
Re:Bacon Jam 2014/01/24 22:34:43
Joedog

No I just posted it from a random site..no disrespect to Kevin Lynch. I just wanted to see if people are using it. It's a wi
nnaah!  

You could/should attribute where it came from, although someone did it for you.
hella good tacos
Cheeseburger
Re:Bacon Jam 2014/01/28 16:53:47
Joedog

a weeenah winnah

wicked pissah that one