Hot!Sunkist or Crush

Cheeseburger
2014/03/08 15:51:29
For fruity sodas, do you prefer Sunkist or Crush?
EdSails
Filet Mignon
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/08 16:30:48
My favorite is actually Cactus Cooler. Yum!
ScreamingChicken
Filet Mignon
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/08 17:13:35
When it comes to mass market orange I definitely prefer Crush.  As an aside, I believe Sunkist is caffeinated whereas Crush is not.

I have both Fanta and Crush in my fridge right now and I can taste a difference...at least, my mind tells me I can.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/08 17:48:36
Foxon Park Orange soda.
chicagostyledog
Filet Mignon
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/08 18:27:08
Orange Crush is a traditional Chicago pop. 

CSD
chicagostyledog
Filet Mignon
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/08 18:32:44
ScreamingChicken

When it comes to mass market orange I definitely prefer Crush.  As an aside, I believe Sunkist is caffeinated whereas Crush is not.

I have both Fanta and Crush in my fridge right now and I can taste a difference...at least, my mind tells me I can.

Fanta in Europe is absolutely outstanding is more like real orange juice, cloudy with bits of orange floating in the bottle. Mexican Fanta, available in the US is in a glass bottle with cane sugar.

CSD
Midnights
Cheeseburger
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/08 18:41:34
ScreamingChicken

Yes, you are correct. Sunkist has caffeine. Crush does not. Does that make a difference to you? Do you think it makes a difference to our customers?
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/08 19:56:25
Crush!!........oh and I second European Fanta...that is something special!

EdSails
Filet Mignon
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/08 20:30:04
I also really like the Pelligrino soda. The Blood Orange is really good. 
mar52
Sirloin
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/08 21:35:29
Nesbitt's used to be my favorite for Orange but I don't find it anymore.

So...  Crush.
bartl
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/08 22:10:03
I drink diet soda. The Minute Maid brand had a diet orange soda that tasted like carbonated fresh-made orange drink. When they stopped making that, I switched to the almost as good Tropicana Twister. Now, I find Fanta Zero to be the best, with Sunkist and Crush to be a distant second. At least Diet Crush no longer has high fructose corn syrup in it (for several years, it was the 2nd ingredient, right after water).

Bart
mlm
Cheeseburger
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/09 00:18:06
I love many types of soda, including orange. Bought Crush sometimes when I was young. Now that I'm overweight and diabetic, I have to stick to diet soda if I know what's good for me. That seems to rule out many types I'd like to try. Mostly drink HEB brand. Pepsi and Coca-cola varieties when on sale. Pretty much whatever diet is available. Ho-hum but decent to my plebian tastes and hamburger budget
Root-Beer Man
Cheeseburger
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/09 13:19:37
Out of the two posted, I prefer Crush. If given the choice tho, I will take a Fanta Orange, preferably Mexican. For Citrus sodas in general I like Sundrop, (from West Jefferson, NC. Made with Cane Sugar) or Golden Girl (from the same bottler). 
ScreamingChicken
Filet Mignon
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/09 13:32:18
Midnights

Yes, you are correct. Sunkist has caffeine. Crush does not. Does that make a difference to you? Do you think it makes a difference to our customers?
Probably not to everyone but it definitely does to me, and probably to parents of small children as well.
Glenn1234
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/09 17:48:43

I drink diet sodas/pops.  I prefer Diet Crush over Diet Sunkist.  Orange Fanta Zero is also good.   Oh, and our local store brand diet orange  from Giant Food is pretty good. 

Glenn

chicagostyledog
Filet Mignon
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/09 19:07:00
EdSails

I also really like the Pelligrino soda. The Blood Orange is really good. 

I'm addicted to that drink!

CSD
MellowRoast
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/09 20:28:37
I buy Pellegrino water but didn't know they made a soda.  Thanks for the tip.  Now to find it.
EdSails
Filet Mignon
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/09 20:52:23
MellowRoast

I buy Pellegrino water but didn't know they made a soda.  Thanks for the tip.  Now to find it.

I got it at a pizza place. You could have a store order it too....or you could get it here......
http://www.ditalia.com/category/italian-soda-and-fruit-drinks

My favorites are the Blood Orange and Grapefruit, but they are all very good.

wmceaton
Cheeseburger
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/09 21:59:57
Crush or Fanta Orange.....in a glass bottle though.
TomEN
Junior Burger
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/16 10:28:23
They are both really good I feel.  I usually just buy whatever one is on sale.
cementhead
Cheeseburger
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/16 18:45:23
If you can find it, try Polar Orange Dry. Best orange soda available imo.
bartl
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/17 08:38:19
cementhead If you can find it, try Polar Orange Dry. Best orange soda available imo.

The diet version is great, too, but, as it does contain real orange juice, there is some sugar from the juice in it (at least it's not HFCS, like "Diet" Orange Crush used to have before too many people read the ingredients).

Bart
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/17 09:47:54
Top of my list would be SPRECHER'S ORANGE CREME. from the Wisconsin regional soda and beer producer. I do agree with Marlene that back in my younger  both NESBITT's and MISSION ORANGE were excellent orange soda's in SoCal. I think SUNKIST and especially DIET SUNKIST have a strong chemical aftertaste. I don't care for them at all.
brisketboy
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/17 10:11:03
Grew up with orange crush in Chicago.

CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/17 19:59:58
From a business perspective (cost/quality/availability) I would consider Jarritos brand an excellent option...

http://www.jarritos.com
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/17 20:25:21
When I was very young, my dad Kyle bought Nehi orange and grape.  One of the treats that he would do for us poor boys was to buy some vanilla ice cream and Nehi Grape or orange and make a float with the ice cream.  Great memories.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
tkitna
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/18 00:29:40
I prefer the Sunkist now, but this was my favorite orange soda of all time. 

http://www.usasoda.com/images/pcslice40.JPG
mar52
Sirloin
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/18 00:45:18
Paul, I forgot about Nehi.  Loved that as well.
wheregreggeats.com
Filet Mignon
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/18 07:44:53
Michael Hoffman

Foxon Park Orange soda.

yep
ScreamingChicken
Filet Mignon
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/18 19:22:00
tkitna

I prefer the Sunkist now, but this was my favorite orange soda of all time. 

http://www.usasoda.com/images/pcslice40.JPG
Wow, I'd forgotten all about Slice.  Whatever became of it?  I never cared for the lemon-lime version because it had some other flavors, but don't remember the orange.
bartl
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/19 10:20:44
ScreamingChicken
Wow, I'd forgotten all about Slice.  Whatever became of it?  I never cared for the lemon-lime version because it had some other flavors, but don't remember the orange.

It's now called Sierra Mist.

Bart
Midnights
Cheeseburger
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/19 13:04:46
Yes, after Pepsi bought Slice, they replaced it/merged it with their other brands. Sierra Mist took over the lemon-lime flavor. Tropicana Twister took over the other fruity flavors.
In that regard, it's kind of weird that Snapple continues similar flavors like they do with Crush and Sunkist (and their Welch's soda). Of course, they also have both A&W and Hires, as well as Vernor's, Schweppes, and Canada Dry. But even there, there is usually one that is more prevalent (A&W for root beer, Canada Dry for ginger ale).
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/19 14:34:27
Best orange soda ever. Royal-Tru Orange, sold in the Philippines. Tiny bits of orange floating around in the bottle. After a night of San Miguel and Mojo it as sheer bliss.
chicagostyledog
Filet Mignon
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/20 11:54:14
Woodman's in Wisconsin sells Mexican Orange Crush in the bottle made with pure cane sugar. Oh, the humanity!
WarToad
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/20 11:55:44
Orange Crush has been my go-to fruit pop since forever.  Recently though I've been picking up Fresca.  I like that grapefruit flavor.  And calorie free helps keep my svelt girlish figure. 
WarToad
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/20 12:02:50
chicagostyledog

Woodman's in Wisconsin sells Mexican Orange Crush in the bottle made with pure cane sugar. Oh, the humanity!

Cane sugar coke is the only coke I use when a recipe calls for coke.  It just tastes better.  And you can almost always find it in the mexican aisle.
harriet1954
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/20 12:05:07
I've never been a big soda drinker, but I remember drinking Strawberry Crush a few times, but it was only down South by the I-95 corridor on my first trip to Florida, and it was in the early 70s. I still remember how good it was. Either I haven't been looking hard enough for it in past years, or they just don't make it up here or at all anymore.

Edit: I should've gone to their site before I typed the above. Apparently, they do still make it.
post edited by harriet1954 - 2014/03/20 12:06:39
Heartbreaksoup
Cheeseburger
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/27 16:46:58
Yes, it's the Cherry Crush that's incredibly difficult to find.  Strawberry Crush is fairly common in the south.
ConeyIslandLou
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/03/29 22:30:53
When talking about Slice and whatnot, Pepsi always had problems with its 'flavor' lines - Fanta beat their shorts all the time. 

And Crush at one time became very rare and hard to find in some places. Then Pepsi bought the Crush line, and marketed it better. However, for some reason Pepsi New York treats Crush as a stepchild, they only make/sell the Orange Crush, and kind of puts it separate from the rest of the Pepsi lines.(still goes on sale with the rest of Pepsi, though) Outside of the New York territory, you get the full Crush line, including its excellent grape. 
MNice
Junior Burger
Flagged as Spam (3)
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/06/24 18:15:44
I have a new found healthy drink backed up by ongoing research. Its Markizza Passion Fruit Juice by DELIFRESHUSAdotCOM. I found it on Amazon. Refreshing and just yum!
wheregreggeats.com
Filet Mignon
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/06/24 19:16:38
Michael Hoffman

Foxon Park Orange soda.

ditto
rmcielwain
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/06/24 20:23:57
Like them both, but it's ice-cold Orange Crush in a glass bottle by a country mile.
Also Boylan's (when I can get it at World Market) & Fanta (going thru a 12-pack of their cherry now -- not bad!)
The local Pepsi bottler, Buffalo Rock (with coverage in parts of 4 states), never had Slice due to its contract with Sunkist.  And they carried 7up for years before their contract expired; when it was over, they finally brought in Sierra Mist.

SodaDude
Junior Burger
Re:Sunkist or Crush 2014/07/01 14:13:58
I like Sunkist.  There's a decaffeinated version where I live called C'Plus.