Lunch on the road.

Cheeseburger
2014/03/19 20:01:41
Extra points for guessing where I dined. It should be  easy.

Glenn1234
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Lunch on the road. 2014/03/19 21:41:20

Interstate BBQ?

Glenn

chickenplucker
Cheeseburger
Re:Lunch on the road. 2014/03/19 22:04:13
Close Glenn.
will_work_4_bbq
Cheeseburger
Re:Lunch on the road. 2014/03/20 07:31:49
Gotta be in Memphis!
Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:Lunch on the road. 2014/03/20 07:54:50
A & R Barbeque?
chickenplucker
Cheeseburger
Re:Lunch on the road. 2014/03/20 08:41:03
Cozy Corner!!!! It was a great sandwich.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:Lunch on the road. 2014/03/20 09:29:15
I have to admit that Interstate was my first reaction, but then I recognized that Cozy Corner puts their bbq spaghetti in the plastic cups.  What a great looking meal!  Thanks for sharing. 
chickenplucker
Cheeseburger
Re:Lunch on the road. 2014/03/21 21:44:14
Passed back through Memphis today and asked a friend that lives in town to pick a BBQ place for lunch. He chose The Bar-B-Q Shop in MIdtown. Its a very cool building that I failed to get a picture of. Actually only took one picture. I ordered a half&half which was half brisket and half bbq spaghetti. They go a step further and top the spaghetti with a little of whatever meat you order aong with some bbq sauce. A nice touch but that was the best part of it. The spaghetti and its sauce was not very special. I forgot to notice on the menu that you needed to specify chopped or sliced meat. I got chopped brisket which actually was very good,nice and smoky with some charred ends mixed in.
https://www.facebook.com/TheBarBQShop

I will probably try it again at some point but today was sort of average. I told my buddy that I might hit one more place before heading south and he mentioned Tom's which was on the southside in a very industrial part of town. Wow is this a great place. Let me say that as I was driving off I looked back and saw a banner on the side touting a previous visit by Guy Fiere. I'm glad I didnt know it going in although I'm not sure it would have mattered. I ordered a small pork sandwich with slaw and after paying I asked the cashier if I should wait for my food or sit down since this was my first time. When I said 1st time she told the cook to put something special on the side for her visitor.LOL. Turned out to be rib tips which is something I normally wouldnt order but these were incredible.
http://www.tomsbarbq.com/
I didnt sauce em and it wasnt needed. Tender and smoky.

Slaw on the bottom of the sandwich. It worked as well.

Since I usually am coming from the south this will be my first stop from now on.