Hot!Were you a Hippie?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Were you a Hippie? 2014/04/19 09:22:52
CCinNJ

I was 2 months old during Woodstock. I was a smokin' hot 80s Jersey girl (I still am...thank you Jesus).

I don't recall too many hippies around home. We had a summer house in Margaretville NY (35 miles from Woodstock) & that was hippie central in the 70s.

The hippie neighbors (NYC transplants) were very nice. They were more hippie hobby folks...making stuff...growing stuff & raising stuff.

They did grow a little reefer...but not too much.

Can you find your lost shaker of salt in Margaretville?
flyseye
Cheeseburger
Re:Were you a Hippie? 2014/04/19 10:56:55
fishtaco

CCinNJ

I was 2 months old during Woodstock. I was a smokin' hot 80s Jersey girl (I still am...thank you Jesus).

I don't recall too many hippies around home. We had a summer house in Margaretville NY (35 miles from Woodstock) & that was hippie central in the 70s.

The hippie neighbors (NYC transplants) were very nice. They were more hippie hobby folks...making stuff...growing stuff & raising stuff.

They did grow a little reefer...but not too much.

Can you find your lost shaker of salt in Margaretville?

My first wife was from Margaretville. Nice place. She wasn't a hippie.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:Were you a Hippie? 2014/04/20 08:36:11
Margaretville is a beautiful place! It was such a treat to experience all of the lessons & wonderful activities that I'd never get a chance to learn or do at home...like how to milk a cow!

We were way up the mountain on Weaver Hollow Rd. Many other NYC area people were our neighbors...a few of them hobbyish hippies who found Mother Nature in Margaretville...& maybe the shaker of salt as well.

Weaver Hollow Rd. was & still is a a dirt road. It was easy to listen for handful of cars that would pass any given day. We'd play what's on the way...Caddy Pinto or VW? That's all we usually saw up there.
Re:Were you a Hippie? 2014/04/20 12:10:02
Why would a Hippie who had a "bad trip" on LSD, try it again?
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Were you a Hippie? 2014/04/20 13:25:30
Because she got good gas mileage?
post edited by Michael Hoffman - 2014/04/20 15:27:47
Re:Were you a Hippie? 2014/04/20 17:19:48
Michael Hoffman

Because she got good gas mileage?

BINGO! LOL, worst reason I couldn't even think of, Michael!

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Were you a Hippie? 2014/04/20 17:39:51
What can I say? I'm just brilliant.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:Were you a Hippie? 2014/04/20 17:58:15
The Closest I ever got to Hippiedom was a Leisure Suit & a Nehru Jacket!!

post edited by Foodbme - 2014/04/20 17:59:24
Re:Were you a Hippie? 2014/04/21 09:31:02
chewingthefat

Why would a Hippie who had a "bad trip" on LSD, try it again?
I had several bad LSD trips and after the last I vowed to never again travel Lake Shore Drive.
Turtle66
Cheeseburger
Re:Were you a Hippie? 2014/04/22 01:01:02
1bbqboy

As opposed to old fat guys who endlessly visit obscure eating places and babble on websites about them and their experiences?

LOL!
mar52
Sirloin
Re:Were you a Hippie? 2014/04/29 19:26:31
What say you?

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Were you a Hippie? 2014/04/29 20:00:24
Holy Moley!
mar52
Sirloin
Re:Were you a Hippie? 2014/04/30 01:20:25

EdSails
Filet Mignon
Re:Were you a Hippie? 2014/04/30 02:24:14
mar52

What say you?

I wonder if I ran into you at the free concerts in Griffith Park near the merry-go-round, '68 through '72 or so.
tiki
Filet Mignon
Re:Were you a Hippie? 2014/05/07 14:50:13
well Harriot--i disagree--not only WAS i a hippie--i am again now that the kids are grown and making more money then i ever did--as for a REAL hippie--yep--Haight Ashbury summer of love--left Boston with ONE PENNY in my pocket--hitchhiking with a guy i knew for one night that had a p;lace to stay in Marin on a commune--never saw it--the guy that picked us up as we went north to Marin said the would drive though the Haight so i could see it---we stopped at a light three blocks from the park right in front of the straight theater--i fell 9in love--got out of the car and said thanks for the ride--lived in the Haight till the speed freaks invaded then spent several yrs living the the Sierra Nevadas---work as a short order cook or raodie for a survival pay-never held a steady job till i got married  and had kids and retired as soon as they were  grown to work with the Oklahoma Blues Hall of Fame---and--in January when my wife retires--we are heading off on the road again--so--YES is answer--if you want to hear the whole story--wait till the book i have been working on is finished and i will sell you a copy!
mar52
Sirloin
Re:Were you a Hippie? 2014/05/07 15:02:10
I think Tiki wins!

EdSails...  Not at Griffith Park but the Renaissance Festival or CSUN which was SFVSC when I began.
tiki
Filet Mignon
Re:Were you a Hippie? 2014/05/07 16:26:21
but i'm not allowed to WIN--im a hippie---we all have to win at the same time! :)

EdSails
Filet Mignon
Re:Were you a Hippie? 2014/05/08 03:00:10
mar52

I think Tiki wins!

EdSails...  Not at Griffith Park but the Renaissance Festival or CSUN which was SFVSC when I began.

Yes, I remember it well. I first saw Steppenwolf at Devonshire Downs, as well as performing at the Matador games with the CSUN Field Band. If you ever listened to KCSN, I was on there from 1971 until 1975, first as a music programmer for the '3 to 5' Rock Show, then on air and finally as producer of my own jazz show. 
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2