Cinco de Mayo !!!!

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 60 of 66
scbuzz
  • Total Posts : 844
  • Reward points : 0
Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 10:14 AM
Hoy es Cinco de Mayo ..... Got any plans ????

kland01s
  • Total Posts : 2835
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 11:31 AM
I work at my local Community College and we're having a free picnic, treats and games for all on a gorgeous 65 degree day here in Northern Illinois!

Rex Allen
  • Total Posts : 157
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 12:21 PM
I find it amazing that this fifth of May is a near holiday here in the USA. It is barely acknowledged in Mexico. By the way they(Mexicans) certainly do not celibrate any of our holidays! Rex in very hot,expensive,smoky, San Diego.

1bbqboy
  • Total Posts : 4542
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 12:58 PM
It mainly seems a Corona beer inspired holiday for bars in the USA. On April 29th we had Dia de los Ninos,day of the child, at our grade school. Posole, enchiladas,Tamales, all homemade.
Dancers & musicians twirling away. Our School is about 30 % Latino, not all from Mexico. Much more satisfying than a bar thing, not that I don't like bars. It's the same thing at Mardi Gras time, where the view of the celebration is obscured by the
keg.......
Bill

Kristi S.
  • Total Posts : 712
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 1:37 PM
I can't believe it didn't register with me that today is Cinco. I guess my local market didn't do a very good job with advertising (Buy one get one free El Paso Salsa) and hype (Mexican music floating around the store). Oh well. I'll pay attention next time. --Kristi S., in sunny, breezy, crowded and hazy Tampa Bay.

renfrew
  • Total Posts : 696
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 1:42 PM
Cinco de Mayo is just another excuse to drink. As it so happens this year, on a Wednesday so all the better.

If we only had decent mexican where I live, i would gladly get into the spirit.

Lone Star
  • Total Posts : 1730
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 1:57 PM
Cinco de Mayo celebrates the day in 1862 when 4,000 Mexican soldiers routed the French and traitor Mexican army of 8,000 in Pueblo under the command of Texas-born General Zaragosa. I believe it is a holiday akin to our Independence Day celebrations. The Union army made sure the Mexican army had the supplies, etc. it needed, so it is a celebration of the cooperation of our cultures as well.

It's always a big deal here. Driving to and from lunch, I saw 4 different cars flying the Mexican flag from the antennae.

The Cinco de Mayo parade had to be cancelled last weekend because of the stormy weather we had.

Here, it is a day to celebrate the Mexican culture, akin to the African-American celebrations on Juneteenth.

renfrew
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 2:15 PM
But it is NOT Mexican Independence Day which on Sept 16th. I stress that only cuz a lot of people think it is.

It is primarily a regional holiday in the state of Puebla though right? I just remember learning that it was pretty minor in Mexico.

Lone Star
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 2:17 PM
I'm really not sure if it was a minor holiday in Mexico or not. I always thought it was a Texas thing, like Juneteenth.

1bbqboy
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 2:17 PM
We sort of have that here in Southern Oregon, but the cultures aren't intertwined as in Texas. The locally born second generation of Latinos are opening
new stores and businesses and establishing roots in our community......more interested in the life here than the heritage there.
http://www.mexonline.com/cinco.htm

renfrew
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 2:51 PM
Yeah Juneteenth must be a texas thing, I certainly never heard of that.

You would think the holiday would get a better mexican beer sponsor than Corona though!

chezkatie
  • Total Posts : 1329
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 3:43 PM
I think the whole thing is just a ploy to get more people out to restaurants to "celebrate" and not 2 people in 100 know what the heck it is all about except that you can get a Corona for 2 bucks at the bar and you get to eat "Mexican" food that is featured on the menu that night..........

Kristi S.
  • Total Posts : 712
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 4:15 PM
Many stories have come to us from the tragic sinking of the great ship, the Titanic. Some are not as well known as others. Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.

To date this would have been the largest shipment ever exported to Mexico. The people of Mexico, who were crazy about the stuff, were eagerly awaiting delivery and were disconsolate at the loss. So much so, that they declared a National Day of mourning which they still observe today. It is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.

Cakes
  • Total Posts : 562
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 4:28 PM
When I tell one like that, I always get slugged.

1bbqboy
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 5:19 PM
Hey Renfrew, what would decent Mexican food mean? I don't think you're alone.

http://www.chowhound.com/newengland/boards/boston/messages/43575.html

mayor al
  • Total Posts : 15059
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 5:38 PM
The holiday has taken on a spirit all it's own in many places..far beyond a local or regional celebration. Schools close in L A and many other SoCal districts...and 1/2 day sessions are common too. I am surprised the the 400,0000 Korean-origin folks in the Metro L A area don't demand a holiday. The Chinese New Yearis approaching "legality" as a recognized day off. It extends far beyond the celebrations status. It is a sign of political power for an ethnic group to "impose" (my concept) it's mark on the daily life of All Americans. This to me is one more example of the demise of the "Melting Pot Assimulation" concept that was the basis for all immigration for two centuries and has now been replaced by the Moasic of many cultures sharing space. Don't forget that Pioneer Day is a holiday in Utah- July 24th. Not just a party-day, an official holiday!
I am waiting for the next group to assign a day to it's special event....and another, and another. The sooner we fill the 365 day list the better we will all be.

Here are a couple of my entries--
1. SHAD ROE DAY- April 30th, to commemorate the arrive of the live-giving fishes to the Native American tribes of the NorthEast. Kind of like the Return of the Swallows to Capistrano...only using smelly little fish and the Hudson River instead of The SoCal Missions and smelly little birds.

2. The Viking Lutefisk Day. Celebrated in the darkness of an early January evening, and acknowledging that the Kensington Rune Stone was indeed a genuine record of Eric and Leif the Wandering TWINS who were making the rounds of ball-parks in Northern Minnesota and sampling the various flavors of Lutefisk offered by the early colonial settlers. They elected Mango-Apricot as their favorite variation of the basic LuteFisk recipe.

3. The Alfred Livermush Festival. Normally conducted as a subset of the Hog-Butchering Celebration in the Rural South each Fall. This festival honors the creator of the famous Livermush pudding that has become a favorite of brewmasters in the area. As the popularity of this festival takes on a political identity of it's own, count on increased involvement in the school lunch program by the specialized menu items. I mean it worked for Cinco de Mayo, It can work for Livermush!!

Lone Star
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 5:43 PM
Well, they are our neighbors.....

If everyone can be a little Irish on St. Patricks day, why not a little bit Mexican on Cinco de Mayo?

Tune into your local Latino radio station for your drive home, cook up some fajitas, or go out to your favorite place.

Viva Mexico!

chezkatie
  • Total Posts : 1329
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 5:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

The holiday has taken on a spirit all it's own in many places..far beyond a local or regional celebration. Schools close in L A and many other SoCal districts...and 1/2 day sessions are common too. I am supprised the the 400,0000 Korean-origin folks in the Metro L A area don't demand a holiday. The Chinese new Year is approaching "legality" as a recognized day off. It extends far beyond the celebrations status, it is a sign of political power for an ethnic group to "impose" (my concept) it's mark on the daily life of All Americans. This to me is one more example of the demise of the "Melting Pot Assimulation" concept that was the basis for all immigration for two centuries and has now been replaced by the Moasic of many cultures sharing space. Don't forget that Pioneer Day is a holiday in Utah- July 24th. Not just a party-day, an official holiday!
I am waiting for the next group to assign a day to it's special event....and another, and another. The sooner we fill the 365 day list the better we will all be.

Well, I have to agree with you 100 per cent...........what Canadian holidays do we celebrate? I think the whole thing is merchandising and people fall for it...........to celebrate this great day, we are dining on veal parm and homemade pasta!

1bbqboy
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 6:04 PM
I think it's a delicate balance. Here in SO, we have a new, fresh corn tortilla assembly line, A new Tamale factory, and a salsa works, for instance. In areas other than food, Latinos have become productive members of our valley. I wonder whether our distance from the border makes a difference. It seems, according to recent census data, all immigrant nationalities are discovering
the other states not necessarily associated with their own heritage. I think it just takes time to assimilate into the Shopping Center culture of the US, Mr.Mayor. Curried Chipolte Lutefisk Eggroll Days, anyone?
With the history of cannibalism in the West, I'll stay away from Utah, though, thank you very much.

mayor al
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 6:13 PM

Announcement on the P.A. at the Cracker Barrel on the Eastern Slope of the Sierra's on I-80.
" Donner , Party of 24"---- "Donner Party of 22" later...."Donner party of 17".... " Donner party of---"

Grampy
  • Total Posts : 1559
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 7:19 PM
The annual Titanic memorial day: Cinco de Shipo.

Jennifer_4
  • Total Posts : 1508
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 7:27 PM
Trying to avoid it like the plague.. I live in Mexico City..i.e. Fresno California.. I have 5 "authentic" mexican restaurants within half a mile of my home, we have over 300 mexican restaurants in town, I grew up in a part of a nearby town known as "little tijuana", I speak spanish, everything here is bilingual.... and the joke of all this is.. Cinco De Mayo is a big nothing burger in Mexico itself.. it ISN"T mexican independence day.. that's in the fall.
So i'm having Irish food.

CCJPO
  • Total Posts : 497
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Wed, 05/5/04 8:21 PM
Cinco De Mayo is a big day on our place. But I think that the folks that work with me do it for us Anglos.

We worked hard today, lst cutting of alfalfa, praying for no wind and no rain. Moved cattle to the next field. Warm, and somewhat of a breeze.

Cooking has been going on all day. We will be having cabeza de cabrito (goat head), carnitas ( chopped

pork butt) cooked in several sauces including a lemon sauce, an orange sauce, a beer sauce and a diet coke sauce( don't ask me why, as I don't argue with these cooks), a pit cooked goat and a lamb, rice and beans cooked with olives and chicken and tomatoes and cilantro and other stuff. We will also have homemade tortillas - corn and flour, potato and macaroni salads. Lots of beer, some mescal (probably too much), some cheap spanish wine, and for dessert - sopas w/a cinnamon/sugar glaze and vanilla ice cream.

No sour cream and no american cheese

The fesivities will last until late tonight, and we probably won't get much work done tommorow.

But who cares, a party is a party

tiki
  • Total Posts : 4135
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 7:26 AM
quote:
Originally posted by renfrew

You would think the holiday would get a better mexican beer sponsor than Corona though!

Junereenth is celebrated here in Oklahomanot just Texas, but i never heard of it in New England or California. As for Cicno de Mayo---in Norhtern Calif it was a big day for bars---but then every day is a one in Chico--but it was also a paerty day---my nieghbors celebrated it with a big family party every year

mayor al
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 8:10 AM

I think the leap from Party Day--Drinking Excuse to Legal Holiday is the point where I take issue with the concept.
St Patricks Day maintains it's party day image everywhere ('cept in Boston)..but Cinco has moved out of that catagory into the political arena and seems to be gaining political clout rather rapidly.
Oh well, Today is the 5th, we won't this debate again for another year.

kland01s
  • Total Posts : 2835
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 9:07 AM
We have a large Hispanic population in the Fox Valley area, 45 miles west of Chicago. Our college had a big free picnic yesterday followed by Mexican pastries and sweets, accompanied by a mariachi band. Talk about being multi cultural, Illinois celebrates Casimir Pulaski Day as a school holiday.

tiki
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 9:49 AM
Personally i will celebrate ANY holiday!--well almost any---to me ANY time folks get together to eat and dance and smile and celebrate life,is a good time and any reason to do so is just fine with me!Especially when those celebrattions start in the lovely sunny days and only get better as the sunsets!!!--it seems to me that most of spring summer and fall was MADE for celebration!

PS-----dont forget there at least two more coming "holidays" in the next week---Mothers Day ---which we should have already prepasred for now shouldnt have we??!! and of course Monday the 10th of May is little known national holiday that is traditionally celebrated by eating out for all three meals at your favorite local dining establishments----join me in that endeavor to celebrate "Tiki's Birthday"!!!

seafarer john
  • Total Posts : 3481
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 11:10 AM
Our Cinca deMayo plans were somewhat disrupted due to our attendance at a wake in the afternoon for the wife of an old old friend.
(As the family is WASPish, not Irish, the wake was dry and very quiet- I've instructed my family to put me away with music and booze - and if my enemies want to dance on my grave, so much the better)

After the wake we went to Rosita's, a very nice Mexican Restaurant on the Rondout waterfront of Kingston and had a tasty Margarita for starters, a bottle of Corona with the meal (I liked the Corona after I removed the plug of lime from the neck - why would anybody think a bit of lime enhances the taste of beer?) I enjoyed a very nice grilled pork entree, and grilled bananas for dessert . We toasted "la Revolution" and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

The more ethnic holidays we have the better I like it - by the way ,when is Pulaski day - I just might drink some Polish vodka and eat a kielbasi in honor of the occasion ? We also try to remember the birthdays of Beethoven, Joyce, Bobby Burns, FDR, Washington, Lincoln, and many others - in fact, if we pay attention to the calendar there is hardly a cocktail hour passes without our recognition of some notable or another.

Michael Hoffman
  • Total Posts : 17805
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 1:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by renfrew

Juneteenth is celebrated here in Ohio. I was very surprised to learn that they celebrated it here when we moved to the state. I'd heard of it only in Texas.

Michael Hoffman
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 1:12 PM
I'll tell you one thing, I'm glad it's Cinco de Mayo, because I can't stand Miracle Whip.

tiki
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 1:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

I'll tell you one thing, I'm glad it's Cinco de Mayo, because I can't stand Miracle Whip.

Cinco de Whipo!!!????----arrrg-----what hidious thought!!!--conjusre all kinds of disgusting images!

Grampy
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 1:28 PM
quote:

Good one, Michael. But if this is the way that the Mexicans celebrate their salad days, do the Dutch celebrate their Hollandaise?

Michael Hoffman
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 2:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Grampy

quote:

Good one, Michael. But if this is the way that the Mexicans celebrate their salad days, do the Dutch celebrate their Hollandaise?

I'm not sure about that. I do know that the Swiss celebrate their Bernaise.

lleechef
  • Total Posts : 6212
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 2:13 PM
Does this mean that the Austrians celebrate VIENNA SAUSAGES??

Grampy
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 2:17 PM
And if I had a couple of Beaujolais, I cook make a French toast.

Lone Star
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 2:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by CCJPO

Cinco De Mayo is a big day on our place. But I think that the folks that work with me do it for us Anglos.

We worked hard today, lst cutting of alfalfa, praying for no wind and no rain. Moved cattle to the next field. Warm, and somewhat of a breeze.

Cooking has been going on all day. We will be having cabeza de cabrito (goat head), carnitas ( chopped

pork butt) cooked in several sauces including a lemon sauce, an orange sauce, a beer sauce and a diet coke sauce( don't ask me why, as I don't argue with these cooks), a pit cooked goat and a lamb, rice and beans cooked with olives and chicken and tomatoes and cilantro and other stuff. We will also have homemade tortillas - corn and flour, potato and macaroni salads. Lots of beer, some mescal (probably too much), some cheap spanish wine, and for dessert - sopas w/a cinnamon/sugar glaze and vanilla ice cream.

No sour cream and no american cheese

The fesivities will last until late tonight, and we probably won't get much work done tommorow.

But who cares, a party is a party

I want to know how that Diet Coke sauce turned out!

Michael Hoffman
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 2:22 PM
I don't know about the Austrians, but my tackle box is full of Viennies.

mayor al
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 2:49 PM

This must appeal to all of our Basque Holiday Roadfooder's! At the recent Talent Competition that is part of the selection process for the Miss Owensboro BBQ Festival for May 2004, This young lady really did the best Marlene Dietrich impersonation as she belted out that old Ballard "There Will Never Be Another Ewe" !! Let your regional holiday celebrations equal THIS !!

Here she is --

Lone Star
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 3:09 PM
San Marcos hosts the annual Cinco de Mayo menudo cook-off every year. Have not heard much about it this year.

lleechef
  • Total Posts : 6212
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 4:04 PM
Al, she is actually.....quite.......EEEEEWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Bushie
  • Total Posts : 2902
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 4:26 PM
Mr. Mayor, that picture is going to give me nightmares.

-----------

It reminds me though:

Do ya know where the University of Oklahoma football team buys lingerie for their farm animals? Frederick's of Norman.

Ok, it was a lot funnier the first time I heard it. )

Michael Hoffman
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 4:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Bushie

-----------

It reminds me though:

Do ya know where the University of Oklahoma football team buys lingerie for their farm animals? Frederick's of Norman.

(Ok, it was a lot funnier the first time I heard it. )

I want to know is where the University of Oklahoma football team buys it's own lingerie.

1bbqboy
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 5:15 PM
Do ewe know how hard it is to get any woman to wear a garter belt these days? I say more power to "Jerry Lee"Al that Indiana blesses such unions....
yours truly,
Shari Lewis

Pwingsx
  • Total Posts : 2170
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 5:47 PM
Cinco de Mayo is big in Denver, mainly for cruising up and down Federal Blvd waving the Mexican flag and yelling.

Juneteenth is also celebrated here, but with more festivals.

I like to go to restaurants and give our name as Donner, because it IS such a joy to hear, Donner, party of....

tiki
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 6:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Bushie

-----------

It reminds me though:

(Ok, it was a lot funnier the first time I heard it. )

Hey----we heard that!!! BajaOklahomans---gotta watch em all the time-----mumble grumble mumble---52 to 0 if i remember correctly---next year we'll beat them Texans even worse!!!

Rex Allen
  • Total Posts : 157
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Thu, 05/6/04 9:03 PM
You all have the best sense of humor. I just love this column. I get so many laughs! Since we are inventing holidays, in honor of our neighbors to the North, lets celebrat the Queens birthday, no not those Queens, the one who lives in London, England. Rex in hot, expensive, smoky, San Diego. Gas just hit $2.73 a gallon on El Cajon Blvd.

pizzastoner
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Sat, 05/8/04 7:39 PM
Like seafarer j. my wife and I were at a wake ,only this was a fireman's wife who died very young, she was a wonderful person .It was really sixo de mayo(heh-heh) . Lots of drunken firemen. anyway we decided to hold on to a tradition that looks like it might end. Where is there good Mexican food in the U.S.?... Texas? Do you really go for any thing other than fresh salsa and Frozen Margaritas? Maybe Mexican just isn't good out. We make better burritos home.

Michael Hoffman
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Sat, 05/8/04 7:47 PM
The fireaman's bride,

The fireman's bride,

Won't stay home by the fireside.

Look how she goes

Up on her toes,

Oh! The fireman's bride.

I wish I could remember what musical that was from.

Michael Hoffman
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Sat, 05/8/04 7:49 PM
Never mind. I remember. It was Up In Central Park.

iqdiva
  • Total Posts : 1491
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Sat, 05/5/07 7:51 AM
HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO 2007 !!! Margaritas going down this afternoon!

mayor al
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Sat, 05/5/07 9:40 AM

At least this year '2007' they had enough sense to combine Cinco with a real day of celebration, "Derby Day" !

iqdiva
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Sat, 05/5/07 10:23 AM
RIGHT ON !!! Mint Juleps then !!!

Greymo
  • Total Posts : 3660
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Sat, 05/5/07 10:30 AM
I don't know................mint juleps and burritos just don't sound right.

mayor al
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Sat, 05/5/07 11:12 AM

I think Juan Valdez and his Coffee-Hauling Burro "Ramon" are long shots in the Derby Field!!

iqdiva
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Sat, 05/5/07 11:52 AM
LOL...LOL...LOL...

dickestep
  • Total Posts : 533
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Sat, 05/5/07 12:17 PM
quote:

I don't know about the Austrians, but my tackle box is full of Viennies.
Viennas and beanie weenies are biker emergency rations, too.

iqdiva
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Sat, 05/5/07 12:20 PM
They're our emergency "go to" and fishing fare too!

ann peeples
  • Total Posts : 8317
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Mon, 05/7/07 8:26 AM
Here in Milwaukee, we have wonderful ethnic festivals all summer long.I enjoy going to those to learn about the different heritages of my friends and neighbors.I am beginning to be annoyed, however, by all the"Cinco de mayos,Juneteenth days,etc...Especially when these celebrations are on the wake of National walk out of work day histronics.In addition,people are not neccessarily welcome if they are not of that particular heritage.My granparents came here from another country, and while they kept their heritage alive, they also lived as Americans,embracing all the country offered.It was not their right, it was their privelege.

desertdog
  • Total Posts : 1946
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Mon, 05/7/07 11:06 AM
quote:
Originally posted by annpeeples

Here in Milwaukee, we have wonderful ethnic festivals all summer long.I enjoy going to those to learn about the different heritages of my friends and neighbors.I am beginning to be annoyed, however, by all the"Cinco de mayos,Juneteenth days,etc...Especially when these celebrations are on the wake of National walk out of work day histronics.In addition,people are not neccessarily welcome if they are not of that particular heritage.My granparents came here from another country, and while they kept their heritage alive, they also lived as Americans,embracing all the country offered.It was not their right, it was their privelege.

Amen to that, Ann!

jmckee
  • Total Posts : 1172
RE: Cinco de Mayo !!!! - Mon, 05/7/07 11:21 AM
quote:
Originally posted by lleechef

Al, she is actually.....quite.......EEEEEWWWWWWWWWW!!!

I thought you were going to sing a medley:

"Since I Fell for Ewe."
"Ewe Made Me Love Ewe."
"'Til There Was Ewe."

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 60 of 66