Site Errors

Junior Burger
2004/06/04 15:21:35
Michael and Jane,

I've been following your books and radio work since 1978, and I love your stuff; you're doing a great job. So please take this simply as it's offered—constructive criticism.

There is a flag on the Michigan map near Battle Creek which is linked to Bobby & Mary G's White House - Jackson, MS. I'm not sure if it's Jackson, Mississippi, or Jackson, MI.

The other matter—much less important but nonetheless glaring to my anal-retentively proofreader eyes—is the number of spelling errors on the site. I'd be happy to pass them on to you(but I don't want to step on any web maintenence people's toesies!) You really do have a Grrrrreat sit going here, and I also understand that it's still a work-in-progress. Would you be open though, to having us Roadfoodies point out wrong links?

Let me know. You should have my e-mail, 'cause I just signed up.

Ellieanddad
Junior Burger
RE: Site Errors 2004/06/04 15:27:25
OK, here's the situation on Bobby and Mary G's White House:
848 North St
Jackson MS 39202
United States
601 352 0664
Hours:
 11am-2pm Mon-Fri; closed Sat-Sun
Credit:
 Visa
Mastercard
Amex

The phone number/address ON THE ROADFOOD WEBSITE associated with the above restaurant is actually an(I presume) unreviewed establishment known simply as White's Restaurant. In fact, the manager told me she has never heard of Roadfood or the Sterns(Jane and Michael, I will personally visit this place withing the next two weeks, and give you a report. I live within an hour's drive)

Matt and Ellie

Michigan=MI
Mississippi=MS

I've been following your books and radio work since 1978, and I love your stuff; you're doing a great job. So please take this simply as it's offered—constructive criticism.

There is a flag on the Michigan map near Battle Creek which is linked to Bobby & Mary G's White House - Jackson, MS. I'm not sure if it's Jackson, Mississippi, or Jackson, MI.

The other matter—much less important but nonetheless glaring to my anal-retentively proofreader eyes—is the number of spelling errors on the site. I'd be happy to pass them on to you(but I don't want to step on any web maintenence people's toesies!) You really do have a Grrrrreat sit going here, and I also understand that it's still a work-in-progress. Would you be open though, to having us Roadfoodies point out wrong links?

Let me know. You should have my e-mail, 'cause I just signed up.

Ellieanddad
Junior Burger
RE: Site Errors 2004/06/04 15:59:05
'Nother error folks:

The flag near Stockton, CA links to:

Middendorf's Seafood Rstrnt
30160 US Highway 51
PO Box 75
Ponchatoula, LA 70454
985-386-6666

Everything else is correct, but the restaurant's not in CA!

Matthew
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Site Errors 2004/06/04 16:33:39
Thanks for the info. Michael and I will look into this over the next several days (once we return back from being on the road).