Clothier Sends Greetings...

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Filet Mignon
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2004/10/05 17:35:41
I had kind of pictured "hands all over"....

Cheers, John
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2004/10/05 18:15:21
quote:
Originally posted by seafarer john

Clothier is a figment of i-95s imagination. He was, or is , the alter-ego ( or perhaps, the doppleganger) of i-95. But don't worry i-95 is not dangerous to anyone but himself, and if he uses these pages to carry on a conversation with himself, we're happy to oblige him - he is, at heart, a pretty good citizen.

But, what I don't understand is his recent undeserved attacks on the Scots. I mean, just because we think of all Scandanavians (from one of which it appears i-95 is descended) as dumb squarheads and worse, is no reason to launch an assault on those of us who don't always wear underpants and proudly carry some Scottish genes in our bloodlines.

Cheers, John

C'mon. You're just sore because you have to wear boxers or briefs before they let you eat a lutefiskburger.
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2004/10/06 10:03:28
Actually, I am a great admirer of many things Scandanavian. My wife is of Danish ancestry (albeit half Scottish), cured salmon, akavit, Greta Garbo , and Garrison Kieler are all fine... and if a I have a problem with i-95- well, who doesn't?

cheers, John
chezkatie
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2004/10/06 10:22:52
quote:
Originally posted by seafarer john

My ... and if a I have a problem with i-95- well, who doesn't?

cheers, John

Not me...........I think both of you are real 's!! LOL
marberthenad
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2004/11/20 17:56:38
The whereabouts of clothier and i95 http://www.francos.com/stores/bellgrade.htm
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2004/11/20 18:33:32
Dearfolk,
I've heard of Roadfood, but this is ridiculous.
Fishing For Complements, Ort.
P. S. "Complements," as in "that which goes with," rather than "compliments," as in "nice things said about someone."
P. P. S. Having not read through the entire thread, this is all I have time to post this evening. Give me time; God willing, I'll be back tomorrow.
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2004/11/20 22:09:25
Has the ghost of clo****r invaded to kind soul of Ort ?

Cheers, John
trudyn
Cheeseburger
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2005/09/15 02:55:43
So is this an example of the earlier, funnier roadfood?
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2005/09/15 10:52:31
Fast food is not the issue. It is fast food merchandised by souless corporations that many of us find repugnant.

There is no food served up faster than a hot dog and all of the good ones come from local Mom and Pops not from any large chain (with the possible exception of the long gone Lums).

Cheers, John
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2005/09/15 11:12:43
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie

quote:
Originally posted by jim hilton

So is this an example of the earlier, funnier roadfood?

Yes, see how much better it was before all these "newbies" came along and ruined it?

Also notice, out of these seven pages worth of irrelevent inanity, the amount posted by the same people who take such great offense to any post about chains, even those in the Off Topic forum, as being a violation of the Sacrament of Roadfood.

Paulie: I thought about this post before I responded. I really take exception to your comments about "newbies".

These are the folks that makes Roadfood.com successful. Folks come and go. Some make great post and some do not. For this forum to be successful, it needs constant input from new folks who input new ideas and thoughts.

This forum contains thousands of comments. Many are very good and some are not so entertaining. As a moderator, I truly enjoy watching the evolution of knowledge and how much I can learn from folks who have much more knowledge than myself.

From my point of view, I welcome all first time posters. I have found that people who little to add do not last long and those that do not add value last even a shorter time even without a nudge from moderators.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
i95
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2006/10/20 09:54:14
Seeing how this particular thread hasn't been updated in some time, I thought I would give you an update as to the current status of this former poster.

Lucky for you, such an update comes in the form of a 35-second video clip. And while I know that the veracity of this footage might equate to one of those grainy, videotaped Bigfoot sightings, I can unequivocally vouch that the subject portrayed here is, indeed, clothier and to find out what he is currently up to, you simply need to go[url='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n7f_9aDmlE']here[/url].

FYI.
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2006/10/20 10:35:19
oh dear lord
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2006/10/20 11:02:22
Kurt,
That's kinda like watching the "original movie footage" of Washington Crossing the Delaware..You know the event actually happened, but can't quite give credit to the cinematographer for capturing a real 'Kodak' moment.
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2006/10/20 14:00:16
Ah HA!..
Now I totally recognize him!
lleechef
Sirloin
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2006/10/20 19:46:28
Thank you Kurt for that lovely update on clothier.
Tony Bad
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2006/10/20 20:10:40
Are you sure that is clothier? Everything I had read before suggested he wore a much smaller hat.
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2006/10/20 21:11:58

Tony,
I think it was a stunt double.[|)]
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2006/10/21 10:17:51
That video is a few years old. Did you notice the guy moving chairs in the background? Well, that was none other than Al the Mayor in his younger days.

Cheers, John
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2006/10/21 10:33:52
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Bad

Are you sure that is clothier? Everything I had read before suggested he wore a much smaller hat.

Your confusion is understandable, and you ALMOST have it right....the truth of the matter and I understand it is that he doesn't NEED such a large hat to perform that dance. Nowhere near that large. A schoolboy's yamaka would be about right
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2006/10/22 04:14:40
And I thought that all things clothier were Verboten!?!?

MikeS.
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2006/10/22 10:00:54
MIKE S
They ARE !! What we are seeing here is the preservation of the Origins of Western Civilization as they pertain to Roadfood. This thread will disappear into the faded grey area shortly and only be brought out on certain anniversary dates.
lleechef
Sirloin
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2006/10/22 11:13:05
...........by i95
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Clothier Sends Greetings... 2006/10/23 01:17:01
LOL
Tony Bad
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Clothier Sends Greetings... 2012/12/23 22:23:55
i95

As a follow-up to the welcomed "EliseT Sends Greetings..." thread, I was contacted via pay phone yesterday to also pass on greetings from clothier. He was kind enough to break into a local methadone clinic also yesterday evening to e-mail me the below, updated photo of himself enjoying his post-RoadFood, "non-posting life":

Apparently, street-puddle fishing is a real big thing in Flint, Michigan. I wonder if the summer Olympics Committee in Athens was aware of this.

and yet 
Texascajun
Cheeseburger
Re:Clothier Sends Greetings... 2012/12/25 22:29:47
I really wish we could see some of his posts as us newer members would surely enjoy them. He sounds like he made quite an impression.
CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:Clothier Sends Greetings... 2012/12/26 00:56:36
Texascajun
I really wish we could see some of his posts as us newer members would surely enjoy them. He sounds like he made quite an impression.

That is putting it mildly, and politely. 

Tony I agree on the mixed smilies.
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Clothier Sends Greetings... 2012/12/26 18:30:15
Thanks, Tony. I needed to go back thru those posts.  Kind of like finding you H S yearbook and actually reading all those comments people wrote when they signed it...53 years ago in my case !  Some real Brainteasers in that thread.
AL
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4