Zaxby's Chicken

Junior Burger
2004/08/02 10:37:45
What do ya'll think about Zaxby's Chicken? I'm not much for eating at chains, but sometimes it's hard to avoid which was the case the other day. My wife and I each had chicken finger plates figuring it's hard to totally screw chicken fingers up. We were very surpised at the portions; five large fingers, a half a plate of crinkle cut fries, a piece of Texas toast, and cups of slaw. The food was piping hot and fairly tasty. The fries had some spicy seasoning and were close to perfection. The chicken looked like your standard chain fare, but it was also seasoned in a tasty way. This Zaxby's is very new so maybe the food was good due to this. I believe the chain began down Ort's way in Georgia, but I may be wrong. I did try the search function, but could not find anything on Zaxby's. If they've been covered before, let me know. If not, what do the roadfood veterans think about this chain?
Rusty246
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Zaxby's Chicken 2004/08/02 10:41:57
We have a Zaxby's here in Gainesville, but I find it hard to switch to a new wing place when I have an ol' standby. Maybe I'll give it a shot.
emsmom
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Zaxby's Chicken 2004/08/02 11:05:13
We have a Zaxbys her in Gastonia, NC. They have been here for about 3-4 years and the food is still really good. I like the Wings N Things plate. It is half chicken strips and half wings-your desire of hotness with Ranch Sauce and Zaxbys sauce, served with fries, grilled Texas toast and raw celery and carrots. The food is cooked to order and always hot.
Nancypalooza
Filet Mignon
RE: Zaxby's Chicken 2004/08/03 10:46:17
About every two months, I really want chicken fingers from Zaxby's. The fries are OK and the slaw is nasty. The weird orange wingy dipping sauce is kind of good though. I really like their club sandwich made with fingers too.
Sushi_Girl
Cheeseburger
RE: Zaxby's Chicken 2004/08/04 12:56:30
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty246

We have a Zaxby's here in Gainesville, but I find it hard to switch to a new wing place when I have an ol' standby. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Zaxbys is just plain nasty! nasty nasty nasty, gross sauce, icky fried, chicken that has the saltiest coating tasteless inside i have ever had, and the BLACK take out boxes just bother me, maybe its like a funeral box because they kill your taste buds
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Zaxby's Chicken 2004/08/05 12:27:30
Zaxby's just opened a ground up location very close to where the Sundancer resides. It is very attractive and I have had good intentions that never materialized of stopping.

From reading the post, I can see that there is mixed feelings regarding their product. I believe I will stop and judge myself. It appears that some do not like their slaw or orangey sauce.

I will report back

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
Hode
Cheeseburger
RE: Zaxby's Chicken 2004/08/05 13:15:51
I tried Zaxby's at Myrtle Beach earlier this year and was very happy. I had the wings and things plate. Portions were big. The wing's were crispy and the fingers were meaty , I would prefer blue cheese instead of ranch dressing. The french fries were great , hard to stop eating them , and that texas toast lets you sop up all the sauce. I would gladly go there again.
Cheeseburger
RE: Zaxby's Chicken 2004/08/08 22:17:38
In late May while spending the first night of a three-day weekend vacation in Bowling Green, Kentucky, I decided to give Zaxby's a try. It wasn't as good as Popeye's or Bojangle's, but better than KFC. IOW, it was OK in my book.

Oh, and you can learn about Zaxby's at http://www.zaxbys.com/.
Milt
Cheeseburger
RE: Zaxby's Chicken 2004/08/11 10:17:00
I am not much of one to patronize chains. Just the same, while my son was attending Georgia College and State University in Milledgeville we ate in the local Zaxby's several times. He apparently ate there a great many times. He now eats at the Woodstock, GA location regularly. We have also eaten at one in Rome, GA near the Berry College campus with our daughter. Were I to want chain restaurant chicken, I would pick Zaxby's over the others in this area. It is a cut above the competition.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Zaxby's Chicken 2004/08/12 16:40:17
The Sundancer ate at Zaxbey's today. It was decent and I would go back again. It was not exciting but tasteful.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Zaxby's Chicken 2004/09/16 16:41:53
The Sundancer returned to Zaxby's today and I am sorry to report that it was awful. The fingers was partially warm, tough, and salty. I wasted money. I will not return.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
speechpeach
Cheeseburger
RE: Zaxby's Chicken 2004/09/16 17:40:34
I eat at Zaxby's about 2x a month. I like the cherry soda, and prefer my wings to be wimpy. 2 weeks ago I had one of the new salads, and it was tasty. I took the remainder home, and actually ate it the next 2 days. Last week I went through the drive through at the one nearest me. (we have 2 here) I waited, and waited, and waited, and waited in the line of cars. When I finally got my food, the wings were hot, since she had not asked what I wanted. She apologized, said that most do not like wimpy, and did not charge me for the food. She gave me the wimpy wings, seemingly a large amount of everything, wings, chicken fingers, and fries. The onion peels are good if they are hot, gross and greasy if not. Mushrooms are okay, same thing, must be hot to be okay.
peejay815
Junior Burger
RE: Zaxby's Chicken 2005/09/09 20:46:14
Zaxby's is one of our favorite fast food places and since I really don't like fast food, that's saying something. My children even love it and beg to go there. We love the wimpy wings and the chicken fingers dipped in the Hot Honey Mustard sauce are unbelievable. In fact, I'm looking for a recipe for their Wimpy Sauce, so if anyone knows where I can find it, please let me know. We really like the Zaxby's dipping sauce too and even dip our bread and fried in it. I've never had anything there that I didn't like.
V960
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Zaxby's Chicken 2005/09/14 17:17:24
I eat Zaxby's wings at the Hampton Inn's freebie hospitality bar on Thursday nights when I'm traveling. They're pretty good but I have yet to pony up my own money and actually enter a Zaxby's.