Spell Checking on Forums!

Author Message
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
  • Total Posts : 2096
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 4/16/2000
  • Location: Rye, NY
Spell Checking on Forums! - Sat, 04/26/03 10:49 AM
0
Click on the spell check button when posting a message (it does not work on the quick reply), and it will highlight your typos. Enjoy!

mayor al
  • Total Posts : 15062
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 8/20/2002
  • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Sat, 04/26/03 11:36 AM
0
Steven...Stephan...Errrr Stephen,
Thaank U I wil try to usse it !
AL

Sundancer7
  • Total Posts : 13388
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 7/18/2001
  • Location: Knoxville, TN,
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Sat, 04/26/03 7:03 PM
0
I guess Stephen, It was there all along. I certainly need it. thanks for pointing it out to us. I am not sure why I did not see it.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

Bushie
  • Total Posts : 2902
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 4/21/2001
  • Location: Round Rock, TX
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Sat, 04/26/03 7:23 PM
0
Great news, Sundance. You finally got your Spael Chex.

Sundancer7
  • Total Posts : 13388
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 7/18/2001
  • Location: Knoxville, TN,
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Sat, 04/26/03 7:40 PM
0
Right Bushie!!!!, Except I ain't sure how to use it

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
  • Total Posts : 2096
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 4/16/2000
  • Location: Rye, NY
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Sat, 04/26/03 9:48 PM
0
quote:
Originally posted by Sundancer7

I guess Stephen, It was there all along. I certainly need it. thanks for pointing it out to us. I am not sure why I did not see it.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

No No No. I just implemented this today Do you really have a problem using it?

Sundancer7
  • Total Posts : 13388
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 7/18/2001
  • Location: Knoxville, TN,
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Sat, 04/26/03 9:50 PM
0
How do I use it???? I noticed that is was not pressent during my last several post???

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
  • Total Posts : 2096
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 4/16/2000
  • Location: Rye, NY
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Sat, 04/26/03 10:02 PM
0
It is not available in the quick reply. You need to click on the button in the formatting toolbar and it will poppup a window with the incorrect words highlighted. If you don't see that icon, then clear your browser cache and refresh the page.

Rex Allen
  • Total Posts : 157
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 3/8/2003
  • Location: San Diego, CA
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Sun, 01/25/04 6:26 PM
0
Where is the spell check button?

Grampy
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 10/14/2002
  • Location: Greenfield, MA
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Sun, 01/25/04 6:51 PM
0
No more mispellings. Huzzah!

Ort. Carlton.
  • Total Posts : 3589
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 4/9/2003
  • Location: Athens, GA
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Sun, 01/25/04 8:08 PM
0
quote:
Originally posted by Grampy

No more mispellings. Huzzah!


Stephen,
Thanks a million! Now can you teach me (from there) how to touch type?
Nft Pauimg Attentoin, Ort. Carlton in Afhtns, Gwergoa.

ConeyIslandLou
  • Total Posts : 737
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 4/30/2003
  • Location: Middletown, NY
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Sun, 01/25/04 8:14 PM
0
Darn it...I just discovered www.ieSpell.com which provides a Spell Check to download for most forums in Internet Explorer....

JimInKy
  • Total Posts : 599
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 11/29/2000
  • Location: Lexington, KY
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Sun, 01/25/04 9:20 PM
0
Lou, if you install ieSpell, will you report back on how you like it? Would like to know if there's a downside. Thanks for telling us about this.

Grampy
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 10/14/2002
  • Location: Greenfield, MA
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Sun, 01/25/04 10:45 PM
0
I got a spell on you!

Ort. Carlton.
  • Total Posts : 3589
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 4/9/2003
  • Location: Athens, GA
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Sun, 01/25/04 11:02 PM
0
quote:
Originally posted by Grampy

I got a spell on you!


Grampy,
The song is "I PUT A Spell On You." It was originally written and performed by Screamin' Jay Hawkins on OKEH Records circa 1954; a skillion more recent versions have surfaced, but my probable favorite is by Creedence Clearwater Revival on FANTASY 617 or the one on the LP "The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown" on TRACK Records. It was also on a 45, but I forget the number.
Every time I think of that song from now on, I'll make a connection with the most recent mystical meal I had. Today's beef stew at The Normaltown Cafe' is a case-in-point: of course Travis The Genius Chef made it... from scratch... with no recipe. THEN he cooked me a filet that made me anearly about break down and cry.
It's a good thing I don't have close relations with any woman who can cook that well. I hate to think of the resultant weight problems that I would encounter....
Spelling Check "Czech," Polka-Dot Ort. Carlton in Freezing-Up Athens, Georgia.

EliseT
  • Total Posts : 2849
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 7/11/2001
  • Location: L.A, CA
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Sun, 01/25/04 11:57 PM
0
quote:
Originally posted by Ort. Carlton.

quote:
Originally posted by Grampy

I got a spell on you!


Grampy,
The song is "I PUT A Spell On You." It was originally written and performed by Screamin' Jay Hawkins on OKEH Records circa 1954; a skillion more recent versions have surfaced, but my probable favorite is by Creedence Clearwater Revival on FANTASY 617 or the one on the LP "The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown" on TRACK Records. It was also on a 45, but I forget the number.
Every time I think of that song from now on, I'll make a connection with the most recent mystical meal I had. Today's beef stew at The Normaltown Cafe' is a case-in-point: of course Travis The Genius Chef made it... from scratch... with no recipe. THEN he cooked me a filet that made me anearly about break down and cry.
It's a good thing I don't have close relations with any woman who can cook that well. I hate to think of the resultant weight problems that I would encounter....
Spelling Check "Czech," Polka-Dot Ort. Carlton in Freezing-Up Athens, Georgia.


I once had the honor of having Screamin Jay sing that song to me. I later had the honor of turning down his lascivious advances. He has a serious potty mouth.

tiki
  • Total Posts : 4135
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 7/7/2003
  • Location: Rentiesville, OK
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Mon, 01/26/04 7:15 AM
0
quote:
Originally posted by EliseT

I once had the honor of having Screamin Jay sing that song to me. I later had the honor of turning down his lascivious advances. He has a serious potty mouth.


Somehow,Elise,none of those three statements surprises me!

Grampy
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 10/14/2002
  • Location: Greenfield, MA
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Mon, 01/26/04 9:12 AM
0
What, nobody remembers "I got a spell on you" by Talkin' Jay Hawkins, his younger, altar boy brother?

ConeyIslandLou
  • Total Posts : 737
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 4/30/2003
  • Location: Middletown, NY
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Mon, 01/26/04 9:44 AM
0
Jim: IESpell ROCKS....after it installs,it becomes a button on your tool bar [if you want,that is..] and all you have to do is click it when you need a check on whatever board you are posting on...after that, it works just like Spell Check on Outlook Express...

EliseT
  • Total Posts : 2849
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 7/11/2001
  • Location: L.A, CA
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Tue, 01/27/04 4:10 AM
0
quote:
Originally posted by Grampy

What, nobody remembers "I got a spell on you" by Talkin' Jay Hawkins, his younger, altar boy brother?


and "I gotta sit a spell with you" by Screamin Grandma Hopkins

Lone Star
  • Total Posts : 1730
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 5/22/2003
  • Location: Houston, TX
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Wed, 01/28/04 4:58 PM
0
quote:
Originally posted by Grampy

No more mispellings. Huzzah!


Darn. That was my excuse.

Lone Star
  • Total Posts : 1730
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 5/22/2003
  • Location: Houston, TX
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Wed, 01/28/04 5:09 PM
0
quote:
Originally posted by clothier

mine is I can't type. Feel free to use it.


Thanks!

Grampy
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 10/14/2002
  • Location: Greenfield, MA
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Thu, 01/29/04 3:35 PM
0
I just posted this sumewhere else, but has anyone noticed that the spell check does not accept lutefisk? I wonder why, yumpin' yimminy!

EliseT
  • Total Posts : 2849
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 7/11/2001
  • Location: L.A, CA
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Fri, 01/30/04 4:21 AM
0
Grampy: are you actually Yorgie Yorgesson?

Grampy
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 10/14/2002
  • Location: Greenfield, MA
RE: Spell Checking on Forums! - Fri, 01/30/04 9:13 AM
0
Ja -- I haff bin exposed. Durnit!