man i am happy!!!!!!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Copperhedzkettle
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 293
RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/27 12:16:35 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Sundancer7

For those of you who like fast women, the attached is of women who regularly drive 330MPH.

http://www.nhra.com/apcm/templates/news_template.asp?articleid=12747&zoneid=8

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

"effin" Awesome link, Paul.

The fastest I ever took a car was 189 mph in an Eldorado Northstar. It was a straight drive (I-20e) but my knuckles were white and my AH chewed a whole in the leather seat...............
I just can't imagine the strain those drivers are under.......and still perform.
I would like to jess rate sittin Shotgun with the "worst of the best".

Copper
prisonchef
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 296
RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/28 11:43:44 (permalink)
got back friday. had a blast and gas costs were whatever they were. had a huge pork tenderloin sandwich at o'mally's (think i got the name right. my brother and sis in law took us there. got to see aj watson and a lot of old school indy and sprint mechanics). went to bump day. price was 5 bucks to get in and included parking(explains another reason why i hate nascar) food at the track was cheap and i mean cheap and good to boot. had a big old turkey leg that took about an hour to eat. watched danica. major downfall for her is she is rotten on cold tires and until that improves to the level of say tk or hornish the only way she will lead the race is to once again get her pit stop rotation off from the other drivers. took kentucky 90 to us127 to get to pall mall tennessee to see the sgt york muesum since it is memeorial day. neat bbq joint about 90 mins off i65 and ky 90. top of the hill smokehouse. good stuff. made last stop at exit 14 off of i95 in georgia. jacks bbq. really good stuff!!!!!!
forgot what it was like to be human.
tuesday i pick my gennies up from their annual maintance and put the high polish on the bbq rig for this coming saturdays farmers market. ready to get back in the saddle again. i think from the gas costs i got enough free points to fly to indy for the F1 race. funny i live 45 mins from daytona but never will break the promise i made never to go back there. ticket prices way to high,food prices way to high and i make a bundle on the ones going there that get their bbq from us
thanks to everyone for wishing us well
jack
John A
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4295
RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/29 08:27:01 (permalink)
I don’t blame you. I live in Daytona and have only been to one race in 27 years. Many years ago Bobby Allison bought a Piper Aero Star, it was being landed at the track to be delivered to him after one of the Thursday twin races. As the nearest Piper Dealer we had to attend the ceremony. Bobby won one of the races that day, not long after he had that horrific crash.

John
Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6345
RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/29 22:28:03 (permalink)
I thought the Indy 500 this year was one of the best ever. The finish was fantastic. The racing the whole day was phenomenal. Sam Hornish Jr. won by nosing out a 19 year old rookie phenom, Marco Andretti, who could become one of the all-time greats. Enjoyed great tenderloins as well and will be posting about them in the Sandwich board.

As for Danica, she was hobbled with a Panoz chassis but did a great job in bringing it in 8th.
octopus
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 264
RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/31 17:15:39 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Davydd

quote:
Originally posted by octopus

quote:
Originally posted by MacTAC

Actually, Formula One (Love F1) uses gasoline.

F1 Rules, However I am going to see Indy at the Glen on June 4th.
Danica needs to win a race then I might begin to believe some of her hype.

Jeese Louise, there are over 20 other drivers in this year's Indy 500 that have never won an IRL race and most all never won a race in their first 20 starts. She has been performing better than her teammate, Buddy Rice, this year in supposedly the same cars and team behind them. Rice is a former Indy 500 winner. I think she has proved herself.

True, however none of the other drivers get the HYPE she does. I am not saying she is a bad driver but in my book you aren't even on the list until you win a race.
prisonchef
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 296
RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/06/01 14:41:16 (permalink)
buddy rice,
let's see sarah fisher always out performed him just like she always out proformed scott (bell helmets chief tester) sharp. i would like to see sarah and erin crocker in indy cars. i agree with you octopus the hype danica is getting has not a thing to do with her ability. it's just a shame irl has become a "rent-a-racers" paradise just like cart. maybe if they go back to the old usac rules of 3 wins in sprints and midgets before you are even allowed on the track to take a rookie test it would change. the funny part is major nascar teams are now hiring open wheel drivers. major reason given is with open wheels you learn how to drive. the short track taxi drivers are real upset on this one but it seems like roush and them prefer drivers to crashers
Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6345
RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/06/03 15:21:24 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by prisonchef

buddy rice,
let's see sarah fisher always out performed him just like she always out proformed scott (bell helmets chief tester) sharp. i would like to see sarah and erin crocker in indy cars.

And win did Sarah Fisher win the Indy 500 like Buddy Rice?

Sarah Fisher has pretty much worked her way out of Indy cars. She has been try stock cars on the west coast in a minor league and hasn't done too well there. Fisher never proved she was capable. Danica has at least shown a lot of promise. She is also much more promotable. She probably makes 10X her racing salary in advertising. Let's face it. That's what it's all about and she doesn't have to wear a stupid racing driver suit like the NASCAR guys do in TV ads.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1