man i am happy!!!!!!

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
prisonchef
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 296
2006/05/18 21:15:12 (permalink)

man i am happy!!!!!!

after 2 years of working without a day off i am going to indy. danica patrick doesn't make me happy(hell sarah fisher drives better in her sleep than patrick does) the drive don't make me happy. what makes me happy is 4 days of unlimited white castle hamburgers!!!!!
course the drive back to florida will require that all car windows be open. stopping by sgt yorks homestead and then hitting lexington bbq and maurice's piggy park and goodness knows what ever place is open along the way. stopping at jacks in georgia and then back to st augustine. 2158 miles by my maps and man i can't wait!!!!

36 Replies Related Threads

Davydd
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6411
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/18 21:48:25 (permalink)
    I'm heading for Indy as well, but no way for White Castle hamburgers. It's breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches for me.
    ellen4641
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3531
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/19 01:26:38 (permalink)
    word is that Danica Patrick is just an average driver.........but of course, because she is a woman , she gets the extra attention...

have a fun weekend, and have couple of "double castles" for me, okay?!?
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7277
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/19 02:10:07 (permalink)
    prisionchef, while I've never worked 2 years without a day off I used to regularly do 100-120 hours a week. Time off is better than more money or a bonus! Enjoy the time off!!!
    trudyn
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 117
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/19 02:45:35 (permalink)
    Enjoy your freedom!
    dreamzpainter
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/19 09:21:47 (permalink)
    perhaps just an average race driver in her chosen field, Danica holds high the banner few other women have managed to grasp. A high profile position in a male dominated sport, the fact she looks good in a dress has no impact on her skills and I for one hope she has all the sucees of that other female racing icon chichi muldoony (I know I spelt that wrong)
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 293
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/19 10:40:30 (permalink)

How often we forget how dang good you gotta be just to rate the chance to drive. I would presume (not to be confused with assume) that she is a better driver than most who frequent here. Excluding myself of dourse. (course)

Have a blast prisonchef!!!!!
    Copper
    Vince Macek
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 863
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/19 16:53:19 (permalink)
    If Cannelton, Ind. isn't far out of the way, Wall's Drive-In (reviewed here) is a must-stop! I had a burger and a raspberry shake there on route to the Moonlite in Owensboro for Second Lunch.
    Pwingsx
    • Total Posts : 2170
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/19 17:00:27 (permalink)
    I wondered if the price of gas would affect this sort of thing. Now I wonder if I'm not truly ignorant -- do these cars even USE gas? Or some alternative fuel? Like JET fuel?

Ignorant minds want to know....
    Southern Fried
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 70
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/19 22:17:47 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by prisonchef

stopping at jacks in georgia and then back to st augustine.

I’m not sure what Jack’s in Georgia that you are referring to? But if you mean Jack’s Old South bbq in Cordele, it has gone out of business and is no more.
    dreamzpainter
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/20 08:54:40 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Pwingsx

I wondered if the price of gas would affect this sort of thing. Now I wonder if I'm not truly ignorant -- do these cars even USE gas? Or some alternative fuel? Like JET fuel?

Ignorant minds want to know....

NASCAR uses hi-octane leaded gasoline (yes its still leaded)although there's been rumors that will change. Formula One and Cart type cars run on methanol. Jet fuel to my understanding is highly refined kerosene not gasoline but still an oil byproduct
    Fieldthistle
    • Total Posts : 1948
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/21 03:05:16 (permalink)
    Hello All,
    prisonchef, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy your journey.
    I hope you find renewal and good food.
    Take Care,
    Fieldthistle
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13548
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/22 13:15:56 (permalink)
    I am not a real fan of the racing in Indy but I enjoy watching the 500 on Memorial day. Danica Patrick is not a average driver. She has been driving for years, led the race in Indy last year for several laps and has qualified 10th this year. Bobby Rahal does not spend his money foolishly.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 293
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/22 13:21:44 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Sundancer7

I am not a real fan of the racing in Indy but I enjoy watching the 500 on Memorial day. Danica Patrick is not a average driver. She has been driving for years, led the race in Indy last year for several laps and has qualified 10th this year. Bobby Rahal does not spend his money foolishly.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN

He's Back!
    Good to have a little perspective around here.
    Pristine assertion!
    To all you sexist folks (NAW, not in RACING), and more

Copper
    MacTAC
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 432
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/23 00:42:47 (permalink)
    Actually, Formula One (Love F1) uses gasoline.
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/23 07:50:18 (permalink)
    Indy 500 (IRL) cars use methanol. Next year they are switching to ethanol. NASCAR uses leaded gasoline. NASCAR has made no committment to switch to anything else.

For the record on Danica Patrick. 20 IRL Indy races, 11 top 10 finishes, 3 poles. She led the Indy 500 last year with 15 laps to go and ultimately finished 4th. She was Rookie of the Year. She qualified better this year than her teammate, Buddy Rice, former 500 winner. I would say she is more than capable. I would say that is above average so far.
    octopus
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 264
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/23 15:41:06 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by MacTAC

F1 Rules, However I am going to see Indy at the Glen on June 4th.
    Danica needs to win a race then I might begin to believe some of her hype.

p.s. It is Shirley (Cha-Cha)Muldowney. she raced Top Fuel Dragsters mostly. Actually a local product for Upstate NYers she is from Schenectady, NY.
    Cosmos
    • Total Posts : 1453
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/23 16:16:43 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by octopus

quote:

p.s. It is Shirley (Cha-Cha)Muldowney. she raced Top Fuel Dragsters mostly. Actually a local product for Upstate NYers she is from Schenectady, NY.

See you at the Glen, I'll be waving flags on some corner out there (wearing my orange Champ Car hat)
    Cosmos
    • Total Posts : 1453
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/23 16:20:10 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Parses6

F1 is boooorrring...unless you enjoy watching "follow the leader" racing. Is passing prohibited? Can you only move up if someone pits or breaks down? I need a F1 expert to enlighten me.

Yeah, but the track food is waaaaay better in europe...

You have to be into the esoterics of speed and technology to appreciate F1. Having said that, a pass in F1 really means something as opposed to the pass and be re-passed and pass again of many other forms of popular american racing..
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/23 16:27:08 (permalink)
    I knew Shirely Muldowney and she was a lady ahead of her time. I have been at many races with her. She does not do that much track time anymore. She was big during the time that Big Daddy Don Garlits was hot. Then she had that terrible crash at close to 300MPH and it nearly killed her.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18857
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/23 17:01:12 (permalink)
    quote:

I knew Shirely Muldowney and she was a lady ahead of her time. I have been at many races with her. She does not do that much track time anymore. She was big during the time that Big Daddy Don Garlits was hot. Then she had that terrible crash at close to 300MPH and it nearly killed her.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN

I spent some time with her when I was covering the Springnationals when they were held in Kirkersville, Ohio. She was something else. Fun!
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/23 17:05:55 (permalink)
    Like most people that pilot those fast cars, they tend to be very small. Shirely was no exception. I recall one race in Bristol several years ago before they upgraded the track. It was a hot and humid July day. She suited up in here fireresistant suit. The temp had to be close to 100F and humidity was about the same. She drove a top fuel nitro car. I bet she lost five pounds that race and I doubt if she weighted 100 pounds.

Fiesty lady and very cool.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    octopus
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 264
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/23 17:30:22 (permalink)
    quote:

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN

Her really bad accident was in a Funny Car which she swore she would never drive again and as far as I know she never drove a Funny Car again. I used to watch her race at Lebanon Valley Dragway, when I was a kid along with Big Daddy and Connie Caletta. as well as others.
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/23 17:50:56 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN

As I recall, she had a funny relationship with Connie?

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN

Her really bad accident was in a Funny Car which she swore she would never drive again and as far as I know she never drove a Funny Car again. I used to watch her race at Lebanon Valley Dragway, when I was a kid along with Big Daddy and Connie Caletta. as well as others.
    MacTAC
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 432
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/23 19:28:40 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Parses6

F1 is boooorrring...unless you enjoy watching "follow the leader" racing. Is passing prohibited? Can you only move up if someone pits or breaks down? I need a F1 expert to enlighten me.
    I'm certainly no expert, but what makes me such a fan is that the level of competition creates the need for amazingly imaginative strategy. The highest performing cars, the best drivers, the most challenging tracks, bleeding edge technology, and the biggest budgets. Planning the day before how to enable your car to be in front after the last pit stop with only a perfect drive is very impressive. One, two or three pit stop strategy is very exciting to the F1 fan, knowing that the only way your team or driver can win is to squeeze out tenths of a second on a light fuel load for an extra few laps while his opponent is in the pits so that when he pits, those saved tenths enable him to rejoin ahead. Watching the pit crew get the car in and out in six or seven seconds with new tires and a load of fuel is also great fun for the fan. The rare but exciting overtaking on the track is sometimes awesome. My spouse loves it as much as I do and we're looking forward to the Monte Carlo Grand Prix next week. I guess it's not for everyone, but for those who love the pinnacle of high performance combined with brilliant strategy it's wonderful.
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/23 21:22:42 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by CosmosYeah, but the track food is waaaaay better in europe...

Maybe but can you get a breaded pork tenderloin sandwich? At the Indy 500 they sell the "Track Loin" and that's what I am going to have.
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/23 21:28:41 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

Jeese Louise, there are over 20 other drivers in this year's Indy 500 that have never won an IRL race and most all never won a race in their first 20 starts. She has been performing better than her teammate, Buddy Rice, this year in supposedly the same cars and team behind them. Rice is a former Indy 500 winner. I think she has proved herself.
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/23 21:45:50 (permalink)
    Last year Scott Dixon won the Watkins Glen IRL race and I thought it was one of the most competitive road races I saw all last year. I like to watch Tony Stewart tear around the Glen as well in the hard top taxi series. The IRL drivers after going wheel to wheel at 220 miles per hour on ovals have no fear on the road courses either and make for more exciting racing. F1 and Champ Car are nothing but parades. More than half the time they can't make it through the first turn without mishaps and then they spread out in single file. If you like strategy watch chess.

I watch every race I can be it IRL, NASCAR, F1, or Champ Car. My preferences are in that order as well. Having taken 4 laps in a 2-seater Indy car at Indianapolis going 40 mph slower than the drivers (180 mph average) I have an extreme appreciation for that track and those drivers. Those are practically flat turns (9 deg banks) they go through at over 200 mph. I don't know how they do it and keep it up for 200 laps wheel to wheel the way they race. What I am not a fan of is Michael Andretti, Al Unser jr and Eddie Cheever out there attempting it again after retiring. Like in most sports athletes start losing their reflexes in their mid thirties and I think those drivers need to be top notch in that area. Forty something drivers in no way have that skill.
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/26 17:13:25 (permalink)
    For those of you who like fast women, the attached is of women who regularly drive 330MPH.

http://www.nhra.com/apcm/templates/news_template.asp?articleid=12747&zoneid=8

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    John A
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4295
    RE: man i am happy!!!!!! 2006/05/27 11:57:45 (permalink)
    Darn, I thought you were sending us to the Danica Patrick Photos website.

John
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1