mr quick

Author
adm22
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 32
2007/09/21 00:56:08 (permalink)

mr quick

A mention on another forum I frequent got me thinking about an old hamburger chain called Mr Quick. Liked the place when I was a kid. It only has one mention on this forum.

Discovered there a still a few of them around in lower Michigan. Wound up visitng one last weekend. Was wondering if anyone else knows of any others that either are still open or else are still operating the same as they were under a new name. Harolds Hamburgers in Sunnyland IL is one example I know of this.

The one in Ottumwa IA burned down a few years ago but is still lsited as being in operation by more than one internet search engine. These things also turn up a lot of non related things. There are lots of oil change places called Mr Quick.

5 Replies Related Threads

JRPfeff
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2562
    RE: mr quick 2007/09/22 11:26:41 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by adm22

A mention on another forum I frequent got me thinking about an old hamburger chain called Mr Quick. Liked the place when I was a kid. It only has one mention on this forum.

Discovered there a still a few of them around in lower Michigan. Wound up visitng one last weekend. Was wondering if anyone else knows of any others that either are still open or else are still operating the same as they were under a new name. Harolds Hamburgers in Sunnyland IL is one example I know of this.

The one in Ottumwa IA burned down a few years ago but is still lsited as being in operation by more than one internet search engine. These things also turn up a lot of non related things. There are lots of oil change places called Mr Quick.

I am surprised that Mr. Quick is still around. Its been over 30 years since I last saw one. I don't recall their burgers being anything special, but they were a few cents less than McD's and a cute girl worked behind the counter.

Where in Michigan did you see Mr. Quick's still in business? I am over there every week.

Jim
    DavidEMartin
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 173
    RE: mr quick 2007/09/25 13:43:54 (permalink)
    Man, where did I first eat at a Mr Quick...?.... North Dakota 30 years ago? Maybe Iowa?

There's the clearly recognizably shell of a Mister Quick just south of Oconomowoc WI. It was still in operation last decade but now I think it's a hairdresser.

(And what the heck is it about burger places turning into hair salons? I find more former Dog-n-Suds are now beauty parlors!)
    adm22
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 32
    RE: mr quick 2007/09/27 14:55:30 (permalink)
    The Mr Quicks still in operation in Michigan are in the lower penninsula all in the Musekgon area.

The addresses of them are:
    3091 Heights Ravenna Road
    915 E. Laketon Avenue
    650 Whitehall Road
    4190 Grand Haven Road
    5501 E. Apple Avenue(rebuilding soon- hey had a fire there)

I do not know if any more are still around. They could be. Was hopig someone on here miht have one around them. The one in Ottumwa IA was still in business up until a few years ago. It was destroyed by a fire.
    ashleymarie6947
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: mr quick 2007/12/01 00:53:15 (permalink)
    The Mr. Quick on E.Apple Avenue will be reopening in the beginning of The year.
    It sure sounds like its going to be really nice looking.
    Ernie Davis does a great job with his stores.

&& The Dogs-N-Suds there is one that actually just opened this summer right across the street from the Mr. Quick on Grand Haven Road
    xbam
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: mr quick 2007/12/15 23:42:47 (permalink)
    You can see a picture of Mr. Quick at [url]www.captainerniesshowboat.com/mrquick[/url]
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1