nabisco tiny boxes of choc chip cookies

Author
shen
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 150
2004/12/09 12:42:05 (permalink)

nabisco tiny boxes of choc chip cookies

REMEMBER these...they had a chocolate chip cookie with whiskers painted on it on the little cookie box, mostly red. AND they had a DELICIOUS all chocolate wafer too.

Anyone remember these? Any pics?

17 Replies Related Threads

Jennifer_4
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1511
    RE: nabisco tiny boxes of choc chip cookies 2004/12/09 12:47:17 (permalink)
    I remember those! they had lemon snaps too...yum!
    emsmom
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 955
    RE: nabisco tiny boxes of choc chip cookies 2004/12/09 13:05:53 (permalink)
    I also remember those little boxes. Those were both good cookies.
    Danmel
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 193
    RE: nabisco tiny boxes of choc chip cookies 2004/12/17 22:33:15 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by shen

REMEMBER these...they had a chocolate chip cookie with whiskers painted on it on the little cookie box, mostly red. AND they had a DELICIOUS all chocolate wafer too.

The boxes had a little string you could use to carry the little box! They were great! My mom used to buy them for me.
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5117
    RE: nabisco tiny boxes of choc chip cookies 2004/12/17 22:39:22 (permalink)
    quote:

The boxes had a little string you could use to carry the little box! They were great! My mom used to buy them for me.

My mom used to get them for us as a treat as well....sometimes before long car trips. I had completely forgotten those. Thanks for the memory!
    redtressed
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1017
    RE: nabisco tiny boxes of choc chip cookies 2004/12/18 00:24:56 (permalink)
    I loved those things. About two years ago I found a stash of the empty boxes in the attic.(Ok so I hid my food on occasion) Adam was pretty disappointed we couldn't get them anymore. So am I.
    serenity2000
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: nabisco tiny boxes of choc chip cookies 2005/01/21 22:35:14 (permalink)
    quote:

Shen,
    I've been looking for pics of these little cookies for 2 days (I don't know why they popped in my mind all of a sudden) and I actually found 2 pics. My favorites were the chocolate snaps and lemon snaps.

http://www.theimaginaryworld.com/milkoo62.jpg
    http://www.theimaginaryworld.com/milkoo63.jpg

BTW, I found some cookies called Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers and they taste exactly like those chocolate snaps
    aleswench
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 686
    RE: nabisco tiny boxes of choc chip cookies 2005/01/21 22:43:01 (permalink)
    OH MY GOD!! Those pictures brought tears to my eyes. Have not thought about them since I was a little girl. So many wonderful memories of that time
    serenity2000
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: nabisco tiny boxes of choc chip cookies 2005/01/21 22:53:29 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by aleswench

OH MY GOD!! Those pictures brought tears to my eyes. Have not thought about them since I was a little girl. So many wonderful memories of that time

LOL, I was jumping around in my chair when I found them. I couldn't believe it!
    qbuc
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: nabisco tiny boxes of choc chip cookies 2005/09/15 08:59:33 (permalink)
    I recently started searching the web in hopes that these cookies still exist. While I have learned that they don't, it was great to come to this site and see that there were other fans of this excellent cookie. I am going to have to find some of those chocolate wafers mentioned to see if they truly tase the same. They don't sell them by me, but I see I can buy them on the Internet from a few food stores.

I have no recollection of the vanilla snaps, but I do remember the other variety, Chocolate Chip Snaps. I even found a picture of the box on that same web site to complete the collection.

http://www.theimaginaryworld.com/chocchip.jpg

Thanks for the memories!
    Joisey
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 153
    RE: nabisco tiny boxes of choc chip cookies 2005/10/18 10:20:47 (permalink)
    yep--another great post! I remember these well! Aside from the Choc chip & lemon, there were vanilla, Chocolate, and ginger snaps. Each box's cookie on the front was a different animal (ie the choc chip was a cat, the choc snaps was a monkey I believe, etc).

The Barnums animal crackers are still made as a little box with the carry string, but I haven't seen the other little boxes in many years. guess they stopped making them. Sad to see them go!
    747Marine
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: nabisco tiny boxes of choc chip cookies 2005/11/01 14:37:44 (permalink)
    Oh the memories of these cookies. Does anyone know where you can find these cookies or anything close to it??? When I saw the pictures I sent it to all my colleagues in the office. Everyone was jumping around. Amazing how a box of cookies brings back so many memories. Please contact me with any info.
    blohatchii
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 49
    RE: nabisco tiny boxes of choc chip cookies 2005/11/01 14:46:43 (permalink)
    A few years ago I read about a research that was done on these cookies and it stated that they found that it didn't matter what kind of cookie was in the box it was the STRING on the box that made kids want them.....
    Tada
    Junior Burger
    RE: nabisco tiny boxes of choc chip cookies 2005/11/20 00:30:35 (permalink)
    OMG!!!!! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AND LOOKING FOR THESE COOKIES. OMG I CANT BELIEVE IT. THERE IS A LIL STORE NEAR MY HOME THAT I USE TO GO AND BUY THEM. I AM GOING TOMORROW AND SEE IF THEY STILL HAVE THEM. THE LIL COOKIES WITH THE WHISKERS.

SO STRANGE, I WAS JUST ASKING A FRIEND OF MINES THAT LOVE COOKIES, ANDN HE REMEMBER THEM BUT HE WAS NOT SURE ABOUT WHO MADE THEM.

THANKS TO ALL. I WAS BEGINNING TO THINK THAT I WAS DREAMING ABOUT SOME THING THAT DIDN'T EXIST.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE LOVELY PIC OF THE BOX.

TONYA
    chrisnj12
    Junior Burger
    RE: nabisco tiny boxes of choc chip cookies 2005/11/28 21:04:27 (permalink)
    My brother and I have been talking about those cookies for years...some years ago I called Nabisco and found that they were discontinued..an uncle of mine remembers the string on the box but i think i may be too young to remember...also wasn't aware there were lemon and ginger snaps..all i ever saw in my area were chocolate and chocolate chip...man i miss those!!! Seems like everything you used to like just isn't around anymore...
    MsMikie
    Junior Burger
    RE: nabisco tiny boxes of choc chip cookies 2006/01/17 19:26:15 (permalink)
    WOW It is so great to have found this website. I have been racking my brain trying to remember who made the cookies or the name and looking for them on every trip I went on for years, assuming they were just discontinued for the region I lived in. They bring back sooooo many memories and were so good. I now buy Oreos and take the cream filling off just to get the taste of the Chocolate snaps. The pictures were the best thing I have seen in so long. My son thinks I'm crazy...but he just doesn't understand. I remember my mom or dad or Grandma taking me to the store to get a box and sitting on the front porch eating them while afternoon turned into evening or a summer thunderstorm. I mean it's the memories but they were really good cookies too. I even wrote Nabisco about perhaps relaunching the product....oh well at least we have the pictures. LOL Good to see I'm not alone here....
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    RE: nabisco tiny boxes of choc chip cookies 2006/01/17 19:54:44 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Danmel

quote:

I remember the animal cracker boxes that had the string on them.
    Oh, what a memory you brought back!
    Thanks!
    Tara
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    RE: nabisco tiny boxes of choc chip cookies 2006/01/17 19:55:56 (permalink)
    http://www.newsreview.com/chico/Content?oid=oid%3A7607
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1