newbie questions: food-trailer ventilation, refrigeration, hot summers...

Author
jomarex
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
2014/03/24 14:58:25 (permalink)

newbie questions: food-trailer ventilation, refrigeration, hot summers...

Howdy, I'm new to the board and to the food-trailer biz.

This food trailer locks up tight. Is there much air transfer going on through the Coleman-Mach roof A/C or the vent hood?

I am closed for three days straight, every week. Should I leave the refrigerated prep table running? Leave the A/C running on the hot Texas summer days? And I kinda want to put a freezer in there...

Also, I keep thinking about putting a functioning window in the trailer door, close to that hot grill and stove. Like, keep that open when the hot stuff is on, so that the vent-hood pulls in mostly outside air to push out the heat and grease ??? and for emergency egress.... The 8x14 trailer has three big windows on the other end that look impossible to get out of if they're closed...

TIA
Joy

1 Reply Related Threads

fishscale28
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 254
    Re:newbie questions: food-trailer ventilation, refrigeration, hot summers... 2014/03/24 22:28:03 (permalink)
    Having a source for makeup air will be great for your hood especially when you have your equipment on.  As for what to do when you store the truck I would always have some sort of fan running to keep air circulating even if its through screened windows, fans in the roof, box fan, etc.  It gets so hot in these trucks/trailers with the equipment running that you definitely need the air moving.  I wouldn't worry so much about having the AC running unless its over 100F.  A fan moving with the trailer in the shade will keep things workable.  Welcome by the way!!!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1