no soup for you-la bonne soup closed

Author
californyguy
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 513
2009/09/30 22:28:18 (permalink)

no soup for you-la bonne soup closed

sad news ... the acclaimed la bonne soup in sacramento was (temporarilyI hope ) closed by health inspectors in sacramenty today...too bad , its truly an amazing place but it is in kind of a run down old building...hope Daniel can get it going again

9 Replies Related Threads

boyardee65
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1459
    Re: no soup for you-la bonne soup closed 2009/10/01 03:23:06 (permalink)
     The Health Dept closed this place down and you still want this place to stay in business?

Hard for me to fathom. I would be happy that they closed this place down.

JMHO

David O.
    californyguy
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re: no soup for you-la bonne soup closed 2009/10/01 10:17:24 (permalink)
    well its a very unique place,,,complete one man operation and great sandwiches too.todays paper said it was a mild cock roach infestation due to the old building I am sure, Anyway Zagat has rated this tiny 20 seat place  as THE BEST  restruant  in Sacramento...yes I do hope it opens again soon , esp as winter is coming
    rainyday6
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 98
    Re: no soup for you-la bonne soup closed 2009/10/15 22:11:00 (permalink)
    Yeah, he told the inspector to come back after the rush and she refused.  When he wouldn't cooperate, she went outside to make a call and he locked the door behind her LOL  Then he made lunch for the people inside waiting, locked the door and put up a for sale sign.  He ended up in the hospital a couple days later for exhaustion, poor guy.  The family helped him clean, he passed another inspection and he's open again!

boyardee, he was cited for roaches.  All restaurants have roaches, it's just a matter of how well they are hidden.  His place is a tiny little hole on the ground floor of a delapidated old downtown building, the owner of the building should be cited as well.  I don't really care; if I found a roach swimming in that cream of vegetable soup, I'd  lift it out and keep eating.  Now, tomorrow do I want warm brie and proscuitto or rare lamb sandwich?  Maybe both.
    rainyday6
    Hamburger
    Re: no soup for you-la bonne soup closed 2009/10/15 22:15:47 (permalink)
    Cal Guy, it's not 20 seats, it's 6-8 depending if he puts the outside table out.  It's teeny.
    californyguy
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:no soup for you-la bonne soup closed 2009/10/15 22:30:42 (permalink)
    good news ...according to todays paper it is opened again- must make it down soon...  great article here... http://www.sacbee.com/161/v-print/story/2254760.html
    rainyday6
    Hamburger
    Re:no soup for you-la bonne soup closed 2009/10/16 14:37:42 (permalink)
    *scratching head* Didn't I just post that it's open? lol
    BillyB
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2851
    Re:no soup for you-la bonne soup closed 2009/10/20 06:58:05 (permalink)
     Quote from rainyday6 ... All restaurants have roaches, it's just a matter of how well they are hidden.  His place is a tiny little hole on the ground floor of a delapidated old .............Great to see we have a Master Health dept inspector in this site. Why don't you call up your Health dept and Quote their answer for us all to read...........Better yet, we could now take away the star ratings.  All the restaurants will now be rated in 2-3-4-5 Roach restaurants in Sacramento.............
    rainyday6
    Hamburger
    Re:no soup for you-la bonne soup closed 2009/10/21 06:10:21 (permalink)
    This is what a quote mark looks like: "  Learn it.  Embrace it.

This is what a period looks like:  .  These are used to end sentences.  They are generally used one at a time.  Practice raising your finger on and off the keyboard until you have mastered the act of typing one period at a time.

In the phrase "us all", "all" does not modify the word "us".  A handy trick is to say it aloud before you write or type it.  "All of us".  Now doesn't that sound better?

This is a lower case letter q:  q.   This is a lower case r:  r.

When you have corrected your post, I will be happy to read it and respond.

Regards,
    Rainy
    boyardee65
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1459
    Re: no soup for you-la bonne soup closed 2009/10/29 22:40:56 (permalink)
    rainyday6

Yeah, he told the inspector to come back after the rush and she refused.  When he wouldn't cooperate, she went outside to make a call and he locked the door behind her LOL  Then he made lunch for the people inside waiting, locked the door and put up a for sale sign.  He ended up in the hospital a couple days later for exhaustion, poor guy.  The family helped him clean, he passed another inspection and he's open again!

boyardee, he was cited for roaches.  All restaurants have roaches, it's just a matter of how well they are hidden.  His place is a tiny little hole on the ground floor of a delapidated old downtown building, the owner of the building should be cited as well.  I don't really care; if I found a roach swimming in that cream of vegetable soup, I'd  lift it out and keep eating.  Now, tomorrow do I want warm brie and proscuitto or rare lamb sandwich?  Maybe both.

Most restaurants DO NOT HAVE ROACHES!!!
      I haven't seen ANY roaches in the place where I work and I have been there for two years.

JMHO

David O.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1