philly cheese steak

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Baah Ben
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3026
RE: philly cheese steak 2008/08/12 18:32:06 (permalink)
Actually, there's a new French bakery that I reported on 6 months ago. I'm sorry I no longer remember the name, but it is on Biscayne and around 143rd? On the east side of the street. It is in a new Publix shopping center and it is someone's French name..Just one word. They have pretty good baked items. Maybe it's called "Frrunk" just kidding(Father of the Bride )...Actually it might be called Jean? Oh, anyway, you are not going up to my old hometown (Aventura) anyway. But, you are coming up this fall to the Brickyard right?

John A, Ellen, myself and hopefully a whole group of roadfoodies are counting on meeting you! I don't know where we are all going to sit in this tiny restaurant, but we'll figure it out

Cavandre - I will stop, have a slice at Bizzarro's and then a sandwich at Little Philly's..Thanks!! Do they make Chicken Philly's, too? Always looking out for my wife. I am going to see if there's info on the Internet on this. Thanks again!!
cavandre
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1630
RE: philly cheese steak 2008/08/12 20:00:37 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Baah Ben

Cavandre - I will stop, have a slice at Bizzarro's and then a sandwich at Little Philly's..Thanks!! Do they make Chicken Philly's, too? Always looking out for my wife. I am going to see if there's info on the Internet on this. Thanks again!!

He makes a couple of other sandwichs & I'm pretty sure that one of them was chicken. I was completely fixated on the Cheesesteak, so I didn't spend a lot of time looking at the rest of the menu. I tried Google, but the place is so new that I didn't even get a phone book listing as of about a week ago. Go over the Pineda Causeway (Rt. 404)until you reach A1A, hang a right (south) & it's about 100 yds. up on your right.
Baah Ben
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3026
RE: philly cheese steak 2008/08/12 20:14:51 (permalink)
Thanks again....I'm printing this. Next time we're on our way to or on the way back from South Florida, we'll stop.
cavandre
RE: philly cheese steak 2008/08/12 21:00:07 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by fattybomatty

It's funny Wartoad because I HATE cheese whiz except on a cheese steak. I don't know what it is about the whiz on the steak with the ketchup, but it just works.

I'm also not a fan of Whiz, but it does work on this sandwich. For all of us of a certain age, do you remember when celery stalks, filled with Cheez Whiz & dusted with paprika were a stable of the relish tray sevred before every Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc., dinner? Might have to buy a jar of Whiz just to see it they still taste as good as I remember.
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6315
RE: philly cheese steak 2008/08/13 08:29:24 (permalink)
Ya know,we only buy a jar of cheese wiz when we make cheese steaks,,,kids like it mixed in with the rib eye steak sandwich steaks we get at Costco. No other cheese seems to work as well!
cavandre
RE: philly cheese steak 2008/08/13 10:47:48 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Holly Moore

In Philadelphia a cheesesteak is called a cheesesteak. When attempts are referred to as a Philly cheesesteak or Philadelphia Style cheesesteak, it is time to consider ordering a hamburger.

Just wanted to add, that as someone that is not a native of that city, when I use the term "Philly Cheesesteak" is a sign of respect. To me, it means that the cook is trying to prepare the sandwich in the traditional way & hopes it would be worthy of being served in that fair city. It also means that they are not adding anything like porcinis or brie to make a personal version. I have nothing against them doing this, it just wouldn't be a "Philly Cheesesteak" to me.
fattybomatty
  • Total Posts : 1017
RE: philly cheese steak 2008/08/13 10:51:09 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by leethebard

Ya know,we only buy a jar of cheese wiz when we make cheese steaks,,,kids like it mixed in with the rib eye steak sandwich steaks we get at Costco. No other cheese seems to work as well!

Lee...american cheese melts well enough on a cheese steak to give it the whiz effect. I prefer land O'lakes white american
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6315
RE: philly cheese steak 2008/08/13 14:08:36 (permalink)
You're right,fattybomatty...and I love yellow American cheese melted on the chopped up steak...the teenagers around here like The Cheese Wiz...but we'll use both!!!
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1