pizza conveyor ovens, gas type.

Author
mbnz230
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 16
2005/08/26 10:43:27 (permalink)

pizza conveyor ovens, gas type.

are they all this expensive? the natural gas or lp type, i got a quote on a star ultra max at about 6700 dollars. wow

9 Replies Related Threads

pcdiva
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 591
    RE: pizza conveyor ovens, gas type. 2005/08/26 16:18:21 (permalink)
    depends on how wide the conveyor is, how many units you want to stack, and the manufacturer. Also, you have to consider how easy they are to hood/vent for exhaust and connect to the gas source. They aren't cheap!

UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: pizza conveyor ovens, gas type. 2005/08/26 19:24:38 (permalink)
    I personally hate conveyer ovens.. Prefer the old brick style (Blodgett)... But ya, you pay an arm and a leg for them, then repair costs are outrageous also.. visit www.pizzatoday.com and look in the classifieds or you can do a search for related articles. Best of luck! And Welcome to Roadfood! Hope to hear your battle stories and experiences down the road... Not forgetting to mention some good eats you've found in your travels..

carlton pierre
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2500
    RE: pizza conveyor ovens, gas type. 2005/08/26 22:12:11 (permalink)
    Maybe I'm old fashioned or don't know what the heck I am talking about but I think those Blodgett's produce a far better pizza than the conveyor types.
    Theedge
    • Total Posts : 1196
    RE: pizza conveyor ovens, gas type. 2005/08/26 23:20:48 (permalink)
    One of my local favorites just switched to one that has several levels that spin round and round. They can put out a lot more pies and they taste the same to me.
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    RE: pizza conveyor ovens, gas type. 2005/08/27 03:41:40 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Theedge

One of my local favorites just switched to one that has several levels that spin round and round. They can put out a lot more pies and they taste the same to me.

They sure do! (Putting out more pizzas). But as I've mentioned in previous threads, seems anyone with a conveyer system is more for production then quality. This is just my personal observations and opinions.. Humble at that..

But with a brick oven, that brick gets good and seasoned with usage. (Flavor of the crust will reflect this statement). The conveyers have a screen like belt that just rotates over and under a heat source.. Be nice if some folk would do their own survey and report back.. I'm putting my $$ on the brick ovens though... And like Theedge mentioned, maybe I'm old fashioned also, but with age comes eating many a pizza!
    Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5065
    RE: pizza conveyor ovens, gas type. 2005/08/27 10:01:55 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by UncleVic

quote:
    Originally posted by Theedge

They sure do! (Putting out more pizzas). But as I've mentioned in previous threads, seems anyone with a conveyer system is more for production then quality. This is just my personal observations and opinions.. Humble at that..

But with a brick oven, that brick gets good and seasoned with usage. (Flavor of the crust will reflect this statement). The conveyers have a screen like belt that just rotates over and under a heat source.. Be nice if some folk would do their own survey and report back.. I'm putting my $$ on the brick ovens though... And like Theedge mentioned, maybe I'm old fashioned also, but with age comes eating many a pizza!

Vic has the CORRECT answer here.

Vic, your prize is one (1) Domino's pizza with YOUR choice of toppings...
    porkbeaks
    • Total Posts : 2216
    RE: pizza conveyor ovens, gas type. 2005/08/27 13:17:18 (permalink)
    I've eaten "conveyor belt" pizza twice in my life. The first time was at a very nice "bistro" that decided to offer pizza and thought this style oven was their best option. The product was disappointing to me, the owners, and (I assume) to their other customers. They changed locations shortly thereafter and left the pizza operation behind. The second time was at a new Sub/Pizza joint that opened just down the road and proved to be the worst pizza I've had since the drive-in movie theater closed down 25+ years ago. It may be possible to make a decent pizza on one of these contraptions and I've just been unlucky. Then again, maybe not. pb
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    RE: pizza conveyor ovens, gas type. 2005/08/28 00:40:56 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Adjudicator

Vic, your prize is one (1) Domino's pizza with YOUR choice of toppings...

Thats just cruel...
    PizzaBonz
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: pizza conveyor ovens, gas type. 2005/09/29 09:54:49 (permalink)
    There are conveyor ovens that can cook a pizza w/a crisp crust but most chains prefer an oven that is convection style to shave time...oven 2 consider are:CTX (electric only - uses infrared heat...quite heavy & you can control 8 temp zones for optimum baking and Q-Matic, gas & electric...both of these ovens can replicate a deck/brick oven crust...
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1