ruby tue

Author
dreamzpainter
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1609
2006/02/19 14:07:22 (permalink)

ruby tue

I think I ate at Ruby Tuesdays one day after leaving the art supply store (theres one in the parking lot) Anyway I saw a cute commercial for their new "mini" , little red mini coopers(the car) running down a bar to finish in a bun... of course they LOOKED good on tv, maybe I'll try them next time I go for canvas or whatever....

21 Replies Related Threads

roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    RE: ruby tue 2006/02/19 15:06:08 (permalink)
    Since I had to leave my house yesterday, because of no power for 27 hours from those nasty winds, I stayed at the hotel where I work. But, just across the street is a RT.
    So, I decided to eat there as, I also know a few of the bartenders.
    They make an Asian Dumpling with chicken instead of pork/beef, and it is served with a spicy ginger sauce that really is good. I have had them several times. Last night I had the coconut shrimp.. had a sweet/hot sauce that was also very good. (and HOT!)
    Also, I ordered the Baby Back Ribs, with their "Memphis Dry Rub", but it seemed like it was just garlic, salt and pepper and way too much salt. But they were extremely tender, and the meat almost fell off the bone by itself.
    They were the best ribs, excepting the rub, that I have had at a chain.
    The only other way I have had them, was with the asian ginger sauce, which they dont offer anymore. I normally like my Que Naked, and use sauce as I eat.
    The mashed potatoes were good also and did have lots of potato in them.
    I also get the salad bar, and they do have many offerings to choose from, but salad is salad.
    Fieldthistle
    • Total Posts : 1948
    RE: ruby tue 2006/02/19 15:25:51 (permalink)
    Hello All,
    I've only visited Ruby Tuesday twice, and both times were good.
    The first time was at our local mall. They have a site at the mall, and
    while the family shopped, which I hate doing, I slipped in and had a beer.
    Pleasant atmosphere and a good haven to escape the maddening mall.
    The second time Ruby Tuesday came into my life was 2 yrs. ago in Williamsburg, Va.
    My daughter had a girlfriend visiting from Great Britian and we went to
    the old colonial capitol because the brit loved,(as do I) colonial history.
    The Ruby Tuesday was great! Our brit friend was so sick of the american fast food
    scene, and at Ruby Tuesday, we, all, were able to find something on the menu that
    we found good and pleasant. And I was able to have a beer.
    Again, the atmosphere was great and service was excellent.
    Plus, shallow am I. I love the Stone's song, "Ruby Tuesday."
    Take Care,
    Fieldthistle
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18648
    RE: ruby tue 2006/02/19 17:49:06 (permalink)
    I didn't realize Ruby Tuesday was a chain. A few months ago I took my grandson to Ruby Tuesday because he'd seen a commercial touting a shrimpburger and wanted to try it. It was pretty big, and he liked it. I just had a cheeseburger, but it was pretty good -- good enough to go back for another one of these days.
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    RE: ruby tue 2006/02/19 17:57:18 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

I didn't realize Ruby Tuesday was a chain. A few months ago I took my grandson to Ruby Tuesday because he'd seen a commercial touting a shrimpburger and wanted to try it. It was pretty big, and he liked it. I just had a cheeseburger, but it was pretty good -- good enough to go back for another one of these days.

They are building them all over the place here in Maine. FIrst saw them in Florida.--ages ago.
    Seemed to be always attached to a mall though.. The one in Syracuse is also at the Carousel Mall. Most of the ones here in Maine are either free standing or at a strip mall, that I have noticed.
    They are seeming to have a turnaround after corporate problems awhile back. The first time I ate in one, years ago, it wasnt enough to make me return. Glad I gave them another chance since I have been here.
    http://www.rubytuesday.com/story/profile.asp
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18648
    RE: ruby tue 2006/02/19 19:24:18 (permalink)
    The one we went to is a free-standing building. It was very pleasant and, as I said, I'll go back. By the way, the service was really good.
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13522
    RE: ruby tue 2006/02/20 08:50:56 (permalink)
    Ruby Tuesday's is a chain that was started in Knoxville, TN by some UT students. They have grown big time. Their salad bar is the best I have ever had and their burges are excellent.

They are based in Maryville, TN. They have a beautiful home base.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    BhamBabe
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 879
    RE: ruby tue 2006/04/12 03:04:14 (permalink)
    Yep the salad bar is the only reason dh goes there. Personally I love their baked french onion soup.
    Phildelmar
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 858
    RE: ruby tue 2006/04/12 20:33:30 (permalink)
    Agreed, onion soup and the salad bar are the primary draws.
    Occasionally, I will risk a burger, but i order rare and, too frequently, their interpretation is either medium, or raw at the center
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    RE: ruby tue 2006/04/12 21:42:33 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by roossy90

quote:
    Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

They are building them all over the place here in Maine. FIrst saw them in Florida.--ages ago.
    Seemed to be always attached to a mall though.. The one in Syracuse is also at the Carousel Mall. Most of the ones here in Maine are either free standing or at a strip mall, that I have noticed.
    They are seeming to have a turnaround after corporate problems awhile back. The first time I ate in one, years ago, it wasnt enough to make me return. Glad I gave them another chance since I have been here.
    http://www.rubytuesday.com/story/profile.asp

I have been back and mentioned on another post, but their baby back ribs are pretty good. That is what I usually get. THe memphis dry rub is a bit salty, but everytime I have got them, they were tasty.
    They have a nice selection of appetizers and the have Chinese Dumplings made with chicken instead of pork, and the sauce is a hot ginger and they are very very good.
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5566
    RE: ruby tue 2006/04/13 13:31:02 (permalink)
    I used to really like Ruby Tuesday's. There was one on Erie Blvd in Syracuse and one in the Carousel Center Mall. The salad bar was good, and entrees were ok.
    But, for a chain, I much prefer the Houlihan Restaurant group which includes Houlihan's and (my favorite of the bunch) Darryl's Restaurant and Bar. The Darryl's I frequented nearly every week was on High Point Road near Holden Rd in Greensboro, NY. Occasionally we'd go to Houlihan's for champagne brunch.

In DC, I go to Clyde's of Georgetown for burgers and such. Again, Clyde's outdoes Ruby Tuesday's in every facet (except there's no salad bar at Clyde's). http://www.clydes.com/main/RestaurantsDetail.cfm?Restaurant=Clydes_of_Georgetown&Section=Main
    Tristan Indiana
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 328
    RE: ruby tue 2006/05/16 12:30:34 (permalink)
    So my bride and I got married the last Saturday in April after a two year courtship and headed to Cincinnati for our honeymoon. We checked in to the Netherland Plaza, a great Art Deco structure that dominates the downtown skyline. We ate all all our meals at the hotel except one, which BTW were fantastic in every sense. Especially liked the lobby bar and the Palm Court Restaurant.
    Sunday morning we went to St. Paul in Chains CC, which is another cool architectural monument in Cincy. After mass we decided to take a drive and ended up at a suburban mall. My bride felt like having a salad for lunch and since Ruby Tuesdays was right in front of us we decided to eat there. I hadn't seen their ads for their mini cheeseburgers but after the waiter remarked about them I figured they would hit the spot. I have to say that they were really great. 4 little grilled burgers with cheese and onion straws on them. Now I always thought of RT as another of the Applebees ilk but between their extensive salad bar and those tasty minis it was definitly a better than expected experience.
    startrooper00
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 110
    RE: ruby tue 2006/05/16 17:26:43 (permalink)
    I always have loved Ruby Tuesday over the other casual chains... The burgers are always just right... and the service is always perfect. Definitely my favorite...right behind Ground Round!!!!
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5566
    RE: ruby tue 2006/05/16 18:14:20 (permalink)
    In DC, the Ugly Mug has the best mini burgers. You can order them as a set of 3, 6 or 9. They come with fried stick onions. They're quite good. I can't believe there's better mini burgers out there.

BhamBabe
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 879
    RE: ruby tue 2006/05/16 18:56:29 (permalink)
    Sadly, our Ruby Tuesday no longer serves baked potatoes! Our server told us to go to the website and complain, you can bet I'm headed there. The mashed potatoes they served were def from a box with really stale chives.
    jellybear
    • Total Posts : 1135
    RE: ruby tue 2006/05/17 11:18:09 (permalink)
    The Local Ruby Tuesday around here got a 85 Health score.I aint going in one of them.
    MandalayVA
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 367
    RE: ruby tue 2006/05/17 19:22:01 (permalink)
    On the rare occasions I go to RT, I get wings and the salad bar. Not bad for the price.
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    RE: ruby tue 2006/05/17 19:28:01 (permalink)
    http://www.rubytuesday.com/soconnected.asp
    May as well get your freebies since they are offering.
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    RE: ruby tue 2006/05/17 19:30:07 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by jellybear

The Local Ruby Tuesday around here got a 85 Health score.I aint going in one of them.

With 767 of them, I would say the odds are against you finding another one with a bad health score.

Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5066
    RE: ruby tue 2006/05/17 20:05:25 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by jellybear

Whatever. Score of 85 still well above average. I bet they get above this on their next HD visit. I only partake of the salad bar when I go there, anyway.
    dreamzpainter
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: ruby tue 2006/05/21 09:31:17 (permalink)
    I actually think that soon after a bad score is the best time to try a place because the palce has most likely been scrubbed, bleached and detailed to the max.

My youngest daughter took her visiting cousin to see my older daughter for lunch, they ended up at Ruby Tues, all ordered the mini's. The 2 youngest girls eat like canaries but the oldest managed 3 so.... my daddy container had 5 of these delicious little creations!! I just may have to go try them out off the grill..
    PapaJoe8
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5504
    RE: ruby tue 2006/11/18 14:44:35 (permalink)
    I just saw a new RT TV ad, in the DFW area, for PRIME steaks, and also Cab Cakes. Can it be true? Could it be good? All looked yummy on TV of coarse.
    Joe
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1