screwed up to go orders

Author
drsmoke02
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 250
2006/03/22 09:20:43 (permalink)

screwed up to go orders

As a customer nothing drives me crazy more than getting a to go order, getting home only to find out the order is wrong..As an owner,to have to hear from a customer who got a screwed up to go order,is a huge embarassment to me.I always more than compensate them next time they come and tell them so over the phone,still they were expecting x and got y.

Would you like to know how i've cut the mistakes to virtually zero?

How do you react to screwed up to go orders?

10 Replies Related Threads

nvb
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 468
    RE: screwed up to go orders 2006/03/22 09:38:33 (permalink)
    I don't have any set reaction when this happens. I make sure the customer knows that'd I be glad to make it right if they want to bring it back or I'll buy their dinner next time. What I will do in house is pull the ticket and let my staff know there was a screw up. (And I'm not good at hiding my feelings.)

When I first started out one of my staff was having a bad night and had made several mistakes. When she left the toast out of an order of a very good customer she was made to deliver it. She didn't have anymore problems the rest of the night.

I like to hear your resolve, Tom.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18346
    RE: screwed up to go orders 2006/03/22 11:00:23 (permalink)
    I haven't been to a Wendy's in 30 years because I never, ever found what I ordered to actually be in the bags.
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    RE: screwed up to go orders 2006/03/22 19:57:16 (permalink)
    Well, maybe try checking each order before it is rung up>
    I always check my to go before I leave the restaurant.
    Exception of course is a drive thru.. even then, I try to look quick, but its hard with them...
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: screwed up to go orders 2006/03/22 20:13:52 (permalink)
    A few places I've worked, they have 'expeditors'. This person makes sure the order is complete before it leaves the kitchen, this goes for 'to go' and in house orders. Extremely rare that something goes wrong.
    bassrocker4u2
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 534
    RE: screwed up to go orders 2006/03/23 09:28:50 (permalink)
    we found the magic way to prevent togo mistakes. NO HIRED EMPLOYEES.
    thats right, just ma and pa. well, even then, there will be an occasional mistake, like in my typing..heehee
    actually, it does make a lot of difference. we verify each order with the guest, some three or four times, as we know them....heehee
    then, one of us, makes the order, the other packs it. sort of a checks and balance system. that way we can check each other's work, and insure proper side dishes, e.t.c.
    never pack your own plating.
    big orders will have a name on each plate
    check marks on the ticket, as each item is bagged and tagged.
    never hire kids to do adult work......
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6727
    RE: screwed up to go orders 2006/03/23 12:20:06 (permalink)
    What's so difficult about to go orders? I do it all day, every day, doing in-flight catering! The other day we did 8 planes (a lot for a small operation). Before it gets delivered to the airport we check and double check that all the items are there........rolls and butter, crackers, cream cheese and butter for the bagels, salads, entrees, side dishes, desserts, fruit platters, cheese platters, seafood platters........whatever they ordered. It's all there before it leaves the restaurant. Piece of cake.
    drsmoke02
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 250
    RE: screwed up to go orders 2006/03/23 12:48:48 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by lleechef

What's so difficult about to go orders? I do it all day, every day, doing in-flight catering! The other day we did 8 planes (a lot for a small operation). Before it gets delivered to the airport we check and double check that all the items are there........rolls and butter, crackers, cream cheese and butter for the bagels, salads, entrees, side dishes, desserts, fruit platters, cheese platters, seafood platters........whatever they ordered. It's all there before it leaves the restaurant. Piece of cake.

I just got my to go order from you, I didn't order a piece of cake!
    V960
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2429
    RE: screwed up to go orders 2006/03/23 16:33:16 (permalink)
    Since it was brought up...airline food has gotten horrible (always was on USAir). I used to fly out of Charlotte which left me NO choice...US Error. I would stop at the Ranch House and pick up a couple of shrimp cocktails (one for me and one for the stew in the front), being a true road warrior...maybe air warrior I was always upgraded.

KLM and Northworst used to have good food on international flights...foie gras, port w/ Stilton cheese, noodles on request when headed for Japan. No more. When coming from Amsterdam I bring my own food. From Detroit to Europe even a Wendy's is better than junk you're going to be served and I fly business class.

Just a rant from a bored flu victim stuck in his office. My office is beside my home and my wife and kids won't let me come home...bad case of the flu...Daddy stay away!!!
    nvb
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 468
    RE: screwed up to go orders 2006/03/23 22:07:05 (permalink)
    But the peanuts on Southwest are pretty good.
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6727
    RE: screwed up to go orders 2006/03/23 23:56:01 (permalink)
    Oh sorry, I don't do commercial airlines. That's for Sky Chefs Inc. I do private corporate jets that must stop in Anchorage to re-fuel and get food on the aircraft because they're travelling from west to east or the opposite. (They don't want to order catering from China!) Again, check and re-check and there are no problems.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1