The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

 seafood buffet

Author Message
starfire62

  • Total Posts: 220
  • Joined: 5/18/2008
  • Location: west seneca, NY
seafood buffet Thu, 08/28/08 5:39 PM (permalink)
Custys seafood buffet in stonington ct.can anyone tell me how it is.my wife and daughter want to try it.
 
#1
    mayor al

    • Total Posts: 15075
    • Joined: 8/20/2002
    • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: seafood buffet Thu, 08/28/08 5:49 PM (permalink)
    I have not been there. However here is their Web-site, you can check the place out a bit and see the 'menu' !
    http://www.custys.com/
     
    #2
      Lindseyup67

      • Total Posts: 175
      • Joined: 9/13/2007
      • Location: Negaunee, MI
      RE: seafood buffet Thu, 08/28/08 6:16 PM (permalink)
      $69.95 for an all you can eat buffet???????? Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
       
      #3
        uncledaveyo

        • Total Posts: 599
        • Joined: 7/3/2006
        • Location: Northern California
        RE: seafood buffet Thu, 08/28/08 6:44 PM (permalink)
        I can see the price being (somewhat) justified since all you can eat lobster and filet mignon are on the "menu." But for that kind of money I'd much rather sit down in a nice restaurant and have someone bring me something special with a little craft involved prepared especially for me.
         
        #4
          CCinNJ

          • Total Posts: 7762
          • Joined: 7/24/2008
          • Location: Bayonne, NJ
          RE: seafood buffet Fri, 08/29/08 1:27 AM (permalink)
          Come to Custy's International Buffet. You won't leave hungry!

          I would hope not!!



           
          #5
            uncledaveyo

            • Total Posts: 599
            • Joined: 7/3/2006
            • Location: Northern California
            RE: seafood buffet Fri, 08/29/08 1:29 AM (permalink)
            "you won't leave hungry" Is that really their slogan?
             
            #6
              AndreaB

              • Total Posts: 1303
              • Joined: 12/6/2004
              • Location: Versailles, KY
              RE: seafood buffet Fri, 08/29/08 3:18 AM (permalink)
              Ack re the $69.95 buffet! I'd rather order off the menu, which looks pretty good.

              Andrea
               
              #7
                Sundancer7

                RE: seafood buffet Fri, 08/29/08 5:07 AM (permalink)
                Personally I cannot eat $69.95 worth of food. I am sure it is worth it with all the filet and lobster you can endure.

                Paul E. Smith
                Knoxville, TN
                 
                #8
                  ChiTownDiner

                  RE: seafood buffet Fri, 08/29/08 7:48 AM (permalink)
                  Ditch the AARP card, pull out your library card - 3-5 year olds get in for $19.95!
                   
                  #9
                    NYNM

                    • Total Posts: 3037
                    • Joined: 6/16/2005
                    • Location: New York, NY/Santa Fe, NM
                    RE: seafood buffet Fri, 08/29/08 1:55 PM (permalink)
                    Well, I recently mentioned a terrific seafood buffet I had last weekend on Upper Chesapeake Bay. It had fresh oysters, clams, clams casino, seafood gumbo, crabs legs, etc etc, roast beef, etc etc.
                    Eat indoors or on deck where the boats come in. Live music.

                    $24.99.

                    http://www.nautigoosesaloon.com/

                    Enjoy!
                     
                    #10
                      WarToad

                      • Total Posts: 1792
                      • Joined: 3/23/2008
                      • Location: Minot, ND
                      RE: seafood buffet Fri, 08/29/08 1:57 PM (permalink)
                      My experience with seafood buffets is they tend to get overcooked.
                       
                      #11
                        starfire62

                        • Total Posts: 220
                        • Joined: 5/18/2008
                        • Location: west seneca, NY
                        RE: seafood buffet Fri, 08/29/08 9:52 PM (permalink)
                        we decided to go on wed the 3rd .my daughter will order off the menu and i will eat the buffet .my wife will stay and gamble.i figure i'll give them $69.95 instead of giving it to foxwoods slot machines.
                         
                        #12
                          brittneal

                          • Total Posts: 1265
                          • Joined: 9/17/2006
                          • Location: fairborn, OH
                          RE: seafood buffet Sat, 08/30/08 5:31 AM (permalink)
                          Starfire. If you decided on Custy's you will have to sit at different tables. The rules strictly state that all tables must be the same(ala carte' or buffet)
                           
                          #13
                            mayor al

                            • Total Posts: 15075
                            • Joined: 8/20/2002
                            • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                            • Roadfood Insider
                            RE: seafood buffet Sat, 08/30/08 8:45 AM (permalink)
                            Britt
                            I noticed that also. I can recall that the old Rocky Point Shore Dining Hall in R I used to have that rule as well, to prevent those ordering from the menu from increasing their 'intake' from their Shore-Dining relatives!
                             
                            #14
                              starfire62

                              • Total Posts: 220
                              • Joined: 5/18/2008
                              • Location: west seneca, NY
                              RE: seafood buffet Sat, 08/30/08 9:45 PM (permalink)
                              thanks for the heads up we"ll have to figure this out.
                               
                              #15
                                elmerr

                                • Total Posts: 13
                                • Joined: 9/27/2005
                                • Location: New Paltz, NY
                                RE: seafood buffet Sat, 09/6/08 10:50 AM (permalink)
                                Another thing- no doggie bags at buffets, to prevent you from taking another full plateful of lobster for later or tomorrow's dinner. For $70, you can order a heck of a lot of food a la carte and have some for later.
                                 
                                #16
                                  jaymcmullan

                                  • Total Posts: 1
                                  • Joined: 12/23/2005
                                  • Location: Bealeton, VA
                                  RE: seafood buffet Sat, 10/25/08 2:20 PM (permalink)
                                  I've never been to Custy's but I've been to this one and it is great - a bit more but WOW!! www.nordiclodge.com
                                  My wife and I have been there seven times in the past three years - each time NEVER disappointed - everything is perfect.

                                  I will be checking out CUSTY's in the next month or so since it's less than an hour from the Nordic Lodge..
                                   
                                  #17
                                    brittneal

                                    • Total Posts: 1265
                                    • Joined: 9/17/2006
                                    • Location: fairborn, OH
                                    RE: seafood buffet Sat, 10/25/08 2:51 PM (permalink)
                                    Wow, I dont see how in the world you could beat that Nautica Goose buffet! Once again, drooling in Dayton.
                                     
                                    #18
                                      Greymo

                                      • Total Posts: 3668
                                      • Joined: 11/30/2005
                                      • Location: Marriottsville, MD
                                      RE: seafood buffet Sat, 10/25/08 3:48 PM (permalink)
                                      quote:
                                      Originally posted by jaymcmullan

                                      I've never been to Custy's but I've been to this one and it is great - a bit more but WOW!! www.nordiclodge.com
                                      My wife and I have been there seven times in the past three years - each time NEVER disappointed - everything is perfect.

                                      I will be checking out CUSTY's in the next month or so since it's less than an hour from the Nordic Lodge..



                                      Looked at the overwhelming menu and have one thing to say. WHAT? No clams?
                                       
                                      #19
                                        KonaErnie

                                        • Total Posts: 356
                                        • Joined: 7/26/2008
                                        • Location: 19.43 N 155.58 W
                                        RE: seafood buffet Sat, 10/25/08 4:22 PM (permalink)
                                        quote:
                                        Originally posted by Greymo

                                        quote:
                                        Originally posted by jaymcmullan

                                        I've never been to Custy's but I've been to this one and it is great - a bit more but WOW!! www.nordiclodge.com
                                        My wife and I have been there seven times in the past three years - each time NEVER disappointed - everything is perfect.

                                        I will be checking out CUSTY's in the next month or so since it's less than an hour from the Nordic Lodge..



                                        Looked at the overwhelming menu and have one thing to say. WHAT? No clams?


                                        Greymo...If you look again at the buffet menu you will find they serve little neck clams (steamed or on the half shell) and clam chowder. I could go for 2 dozen raw clams with some horseradish and a squeeze of lemon right about now.
                                         
                                        #20
                                          Greymo

                                          • Total Posts: 3668
                                          • Joined: 11/30/2005
                                          • Location: Marriottsville, MD
                                          RE: seafood buffet Sat, 10/25/08 5:06 PM (permalink)
                                          Well, with that vast menu I guess that I missed them but thank goodness that they have clams~
                                           
                                          #21
                                            ann peeples

                                            • Total Posts: 8317
                                            • Joined: 5/21/2006
                                            • Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                            RE: seafood buffet Sat, 10/25/08 5:07 PM (permalink)
                                            I would eat my weight in seafood-lobster alone is $40.00 here....
                                             
                                            #22
                                              the ancient mariner

                                              • Total Posts: 3987
                                              • Joined: 4/6/2004
                                              • Location: st petersburg, florida
                                              RE: seafood buffet Sat, 10/25/08 5:20 PM (permalink)
                                              U won't leave hungry,
                                              but U will leave broke!!!!
                                              Or at least not as rich as when U went in.

                                              I once watched a TV show where people were in a super market
                                              competing with one another to see who could fill their cart with
                                              the most expensive stuff in a certain period of time. The cart that
                                              checked out costing the biggest bucks won. I would imagine
                                              that anyone spending $70 in a seafood buffet would do the same.

                                              Fill up the cart with the lobster and filet and anything else expensive--
                                              Clams and soup are too cheap to waste stomach space on, Grey----the bill is
                                              $70---where is the Iranian caviar and the Oysters Rockefeller?
                                              Lobster, oh yes, I'll have that big fella over there !!!!!!

                                              I hope the TUMS are in the car.





                                               
                                              #23
                                                firecommander3565

                                                • Total Posts: 505
                                                • Joined: 3/7/2007
                                                • Location: Chicago, IL
                                                RE: seafood buffet Sat, 10/25/08 5:39 PM (permalink)
                                                I think the price isn't really tha bad. If I go out to a nice meal I expect to spend $50 (+) so what the heck
                                                 
                                                #24
                                                  edwmax

                                                  • Total Posts: 2016
                                                  • Joined: 1/1/2007
                                                  • Location: Cairo, GA
                                                  RE: seafood buffet Sat, 10/25/08 6:13 PM (permalink)
                                                  At Custy's the Prime Rib looks like a deal. 14 oz @ $22.95 or 20 oz @$25.95 Now if the choice of soup can be Lobster bisque or Clam chowder, I'd be set.
                                                   
                                                  #25
                                                    Michael Hoffman

                                                    • Total Posts: 17855
                                                    • Joined: 7/1/2000
                                                    • Location: Gahanna, OH
                                                    RE: seafood buffet Sat, 10/25/08 6:21 PM (permalink)
                                                    quote:
                                                    Originally posted by KonaErnie

                                                    quote:
                                                    Originally posted by Greymo

                                                    quote:
                                                    Originally posted by jaymcmullan

                                                    I've never been to Custy's but I've been to this one and it is great - a bit more but WOW!! www.nordiclodge.com
                                                    My wife and I have been there seven times in the past three years - each time NEVER disappointed - everything is perfect.

                                                    I will be checking out CUSTY's in the next month or so since it's less than an hour from the Nordic Lodge..



                                                    Looked at the overwhelming menu and have one thing to say. WHAT? No clams?


                                                    Greymo...If you look again at the buffet menu you will find they serve little neck clams (steamed or on the half shell) and clam chowder. I could go for 2 dozen raw clams with some horseradish and a squeeze of lemon right about now.

                                                    Who in his or her right mind would bother eating steamed littlenecks?
                                                     
                                                    #26
                                                      KonaErnie

                                                      • Total Posts: 356
                                                      • Joined: 7/26/2008
                                                      • Location: 19.43 N 155.58 W
                                                      RE: seafood buffet Sat, 10/25/08 6:52 PM (permalink)
                                                      quote:
                                                      Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

                                                      quote:
                                                      Originally posted by KonaErnie

                                                      quote:
                                                      Originally posted by Greymo

                                                      quote:
                                                      Originally posted by jaymcmullan

                                                      I've never been to Custy's but I've been to this one and it is great - a bit more but WOW!! www.nordiclodge.com
                                                      My wife and I have been there seven times in the past three years - each time NEVER disappointed - everything is perfect.

                                                      I will be checking out CUSTY's in the next month or so since it's less than an hour from the Nordic Lodge..



                                                      Looked at the overwhelming menu and have one thing to say. WHAT? No clams?


                                                      Greymo...If you look again at the buffet menu you will find they serve little neck clams (steamed or on the half shell) and clam chowder. I could go for 2 dozen raw clams with some horseradish and a squeeze of lemon right about now.

                                                      Who in his or her right mind would bother eating steamed littlenecks?


                                                      Michael, The only time I would even consider eating steamed little neck clams is with a big bowl of linguine with olive oil, white wine, plenty of garlic and some red pepper flakes. A few slices of bruschetta and a nice salad make the meal complete.
                                                       
                                                      #27
                                                        Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

                                                        Jump to:

                                                        Current active users

                                                        There are 0 members and 1 guests.

                                                        Icon Legend and Permission

                                                        • New Messages
                                                        • No New Messages
                                                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                        • Read Message
                                                        • Post New Thread
                                                        • Reply to message
                                                        • Post New Poll
                                                        • Submit Vote
                                                        • Post reward post
                                                        • Delete my own posts
                                                        • Delete my own threads
                                                        • Rate post

                                                        2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com